Discussions on specific immortals.
Cult
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

Blacksmithing and magic are very closely related, but you have to take care of the physical aspect of your work first. The body is made, and then the spirit/magic/whatever enters it. Unless you're talking about physically materializing something solely through energy, which is possible, because matter is simply condensed energy according to the theory of relativity. But you have to figure that out.

NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitor/Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nekomata
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sora
Zodiac:

Cult wrote:Blacksmithing and magic are very closely related, but you have to take care of the physical aspect of your work first. The body is made, and then the spirit/magic/whatever enters it. Unless you're talking about physically materializing something solely through energy, which is possible, because matter is simply condensed energy according to the theory of relativity. But you have to figure that out.
That's exactly what I was talking about doing, materializing my own sword through my magick energy, and also I couldn't find a single forge near my town so.. Guess that isn't gonna work.

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

NekoTheCat wrote:
Cult wrote:Blacksmithing and magic are very closely related, but you have to take care of the physical aspect of your work first. The body is made, and then the spirit/magic/whatever enters it. Unless you're talking about physically materializing something solely through energy, which is possible, because matter is simply condensed energy according to the theory of relativity. But you have to figure that out.
That's exactly what I was talking about doing, materializing my own sword through my magick energy, and also I couldn't find a single forge near my town so.. Guess that isn't gonna work.
Now that's going to be interesting.
Please post the picture or video of the sword when it materializes:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Cult
active contributor
active contributor

You could do it.. Theoretically. But you would need a massive amount of energy in order to condense it in a normal sized sword, which requires a good energy source, and you would also need amazing focus in order to gather and shape said energy. And then you would need a way to "seal" that, so you can keep your energy condensed. And probably lots of vodka to uphold your patience.

NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:
NekoTheCat wrote:
Now that's going to be interesting.
Please post the picture or video of the sword when it materializes:)
Will do sensei-san! But it's gonna be a while haha I need the immortal to help me learn how and through his guidance I'll forge it, I'll post pics if I can forge one. As well as for everytime I do manage to forge one, it'll be a ton of practice but I'm sure I can master it! I'm also getting my best friend to try forming her own weapon she'd far more capable of channeling her energy ^^ I want to see if she can do it as well.
Cult wrote:You could do it.. Theoretically. But you would need a massive amount of energy in order to condense it in a normal sized sword, which requires a good energy source, and you would also need amazing focus in order to gather and shape said energy. And then you would need a way to "seal" that, so you can keep your energy condensed. And probably lots of vodka to uphold your patience.
I have patience it's managing my energy that'll be hard for me cause I know my magick is unsealing but it's hard to access so I'll need to practice everyday in order to get it right, it'll take time this I know but if my past life could it it's very possible I can too!

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©
Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Cult wrote:If you want to be functional, you need high carbon steel.
It's not quite that simple...
Too much carbon and it becomes brittle
Too little carbon and it won't hold an edge
That's why you have Damask steel - a blend of soft and hard metal

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:Well, combining magick with smithing can be interesting. I remember a documentary about one modern swordmaker in Taiwan who use Taoist spell when forging swords.
The Church of Iron Oak follows a Smith Path and could probably offer some guidance in that area

NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Dragonoake wrote:
darkwing wrote:Well, combining magick with smithing can be interesting. I remember a documentary about one modern swordmaker in Taiwan who use Taoist spell when forging swords.
kisses your

The Church of Iron Oak follows a Smith Path and could probably offer some guidance in that area
Who are they? How can i contact them?

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

Cult
active contributor
active contributor

Dragonoake wrote:
Cult wrote:If you want to be functional, you need high carbon steel.
It's not quite that simple...
Too much carbon and it becomes brittle
Too little carbon and it won't hold an edge
That's why you have Damask steel - a blend of soft and hard metal
You're not wrong, high carbon doesn't necessarily make a functional sword. 1060 carbon steel is a good compromise between hardness and flexibility, however. Damascus steel isn't better than carbon steel with the appropriate amount of carbon.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

This is going to be a long and difficult task for you. I don't mean to bring you down with that statement. You want a sword that will manifest in the three realms, this is possible and I have created objects and entities that manifest through the realms - however the extent you wish for it to manifest in the physical is more of what I wonder about. Do you wish for it to be visible to the human eye? Or just strongly felt? And I apologize if you've already answered this somewhere else in the thread and I missed it.

An immortal is a great idea to assist but I would honestly expect you have to do a great depth of the work yourself, as well as maintenance, with the chosen immortal's empowerment or blessing. For more involvement you may have to enter a sacred pact with said immortal. It is a rare occurrence that a deity will completely conduct such a business on your behalf, usually there is an equal exchange or formal ritual agreement of some sort.

Good luck and keep us updated.. sounds like a cool project.

Return to “Immortals - Specific”