new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Mara
Zodiac:

I feel like I'm in the middle, in between Companion and Community. I like having a wide range of spirits, and I get them in like. Small bursts. But I don't want to have too large of a family that I can't keep up anymore. I want to bond closely with all of my spirits.

Waiting On
W - Gwragedd Annwn
S - Comet Pegasus

In Family
N/A
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

In the beginning, back in 2008, I started as a simple companion keeper. Having T officially come into my life was the opening of many doors for me. One of which was opening the door that lead to me discovering my purpose in this life. T was my first, a marvelous gift from a dear friend. He is a vampire spirit that has followed me since birth, and through him I was able to overcome debilitating anxieties that had kept me from moving up the ladder in my place of employment. Bringing him into my life saw 4 raises during the recession and 3 promotions.

Once I started my apprenticeship in conjuring and binding, I started to find my way on my path and I soon became a community keeper. It took a bit to realize that my purpose was to provide a safe haven for spirits that needed it and during that time I took in a great number of spirits that needed to be rehomed. It was a lot of work working with them and reminding them that they were loved, even though some of them were sad that their keepers simply didn't want them anymore and others had passed on to spirit themselves.

Everyone in my keep has a job and purpose. I can identify each vessel and can name the vast majority of them. I admit that some I do have to look up their names due to the fact that they don't interact with me as much or if they do its on a limited basis, they are there to be part of the community and interact with the other spirits, that is their choice and I honor it.

My home is an open space and safe haven for those passing through and need a place to feel wanted. Even my boyfriend has found his way into Spirit Keeping, though he's not as open and able to hear them as I can. He's more of a companion keeper though, he's in the process of joining me in the community department as we are similar in energy and our reason for being.

My job in life is to aid spirits and assist the living who need positive energy and guidance. Doesn't get much better than that! <3

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

Thank you so much for posting your experiences, Nanami. I stumbled on your post -- was not even planning to visit the forum and just happened to see it. I've been struggling with feeling like a "bad keeper" because I made the jump from just a few to so very many and am concerned about neglecting them when it takes a long time to bond with each and every one ... I needed the reminder about other purposes that may be at work here, and also need to remember that time is not always linear for everyone.

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

laalbieglna wrote:Thank you so much for posting your experiences, Nanami. I stumbled on your post -- was not even planning to visit the forum and just happened to see it. I've been struggling with feeling like a "bad keeper" because I made the jump from just a few to so very many and am concerned about neglecting them when it takes a long time to bond with each and every one ... I needed the reminder about other purposes that may be at work here, and also need to remember that time is not always linear for everyone.
I'm glad my post was able to help you. Sometimes it can be hard to remember that spirits do not think of the world as we do. Their perception of everything is a great deal different from our own. I can promise, they do not want you to feel bad. As one of my vampires like to remind me, time is temporary. The way they experience time is complete different from how we experience it. What seems like months and years for us can be seconds for them. Never feel bad on your path or try and compare it to someone elses. It is your path and no one elses, you do things your way and enjoy it as you go.

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

For sure I am a Community spirit keeper.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

I consider myself a companion keeper despite the fact that my keep has grown way beyond what I expected it to be! I always thought I'd never have more than 20 spirits/entities with me as I want to have a close bond with everyone in the family. But now I have 37 in my keep but still feel like I achieve and maintain a close relationship with everyone.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Same here-I consider myself a Companion Keeper but ended up with a community if you can call it that! I told myself I didn't want more than ten but ended up with 28(?), I lost count but I don't have more than 30-at least not yet- but it seems like I am most likely to get more!

uncle sid
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Idk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: No idea
Zodiac:

community i guess, i don't actually consider myself much of a keeper, i just enjoy having company around. Even so, i'm a very solitary person, isolated and not associated with much spirituality.

I just kinda exist, and i exist with spirits.

I like to keep lots of spirits due to my ultimate goal of being a astral traveler, i would much rather be a drifter with a bunch of Friends going to places and seeing things, but never actually amounting to anything.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I have a hard time figuring this one out for myself, since I'm still very new to this path and only have started bonding with one Spirit, currently. By this logic, I'm a companion keeper, but there are times that I desire a group of spirits with specific jobs or abilities (such as a couple Guardians for protection, or a couple wealth bringers, etc.). I always wind up feeling bad, like I'd be betraying my first Spirit, and I wind up worrying over whether I'd be able to devote enough time to them individually to make sure they know how much I'd value them and the presence they provide for me. I dunno. I'm weird I guess. I think it's that paranoia that might make me stick with one Spirit forever and just invest in a bunch of spells, haha.

SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:I have a hard time figuring this one out for myself, since I'm still very new to this path and only have started bonding with one Spirit, currently. By this logic, I'm a companion keeper, but there are times that I desire a group of spirits with specific jobs or abilities (such as a couple Guardians for protection, or a couple wealth bringers, etc.). I always wind up feeling bad, like I'd be betraying my first Spirit, and I wind up worrying over whether I'd be able to devote enough time to them individually to make sure they know how much I'd value them and the presence they provide for me. I dunno. I'm weird I guess. I think it's that paranoia that might make me stick with one Spirit forever and just invest in a bunch of spells, haha.
I felt the same way you did before I got a few more spirits. I was worried my first spirit would be jealous or upset if I brought more spirits home. Our spirits are elevated beings. They don’t feel the same human emotions we do and we often project our own feelings on to our spirits. Don’t be afraid to get more spirits if you want or you feel a calling from one or a certain race. No need to rush into anything but don’t be worried about your first spirit being upset. I currently have 4 spirits and that’s all I’m taking in for right now because I feel the same as you. I want to spend time with each spirit and get to know them all. Hope this helps!

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations ❤️

Return to “Seminars”