Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

SapphireEyes wrote:
Ishvala wrote:I have a hard time figuring this one out for myself, since I'm still very new to this path and only have started bonding with one Spirit, currently. By this logic, I'm a companion keeper, but there are times that I desire a group of spirits with specific jobs or abilities (such as a couple Guardians for protection, or a couple wealth bringers, etc.). I always wind up feeling bad, like I'd be betraying my first Spirit, and I wind up worrying over whether I'd be able to devote enough time to them individually to make sure they know how much I'd value them and the presence they provide for me. I dunno. I'm weird I guess. I think it's that paranoia that might make me stick with one Spirit forever and just invest in a bunch of spells, haha.
I felt the same way you did before I got a few more spirits. I was worried my first spirit would be jealous or upset if I brought more spirits home. Our spirits are elevated beings. They don’t feel the same human emotions we do and we often project our own feelings on to our spirits. Don’t be afraid to get more spirits if you want or you feel a calling from one or a certain race. No need to rush into anything but don’t be worried about your first spirit being upset. I currently have 4 spirits and that’s all I’m taking in for right now because I feel the same as you. I want to spend time with each spirit and get to know them all. Hope this helps!
It does, thank you. I forget that they don't feel and associate things the same way we do so it's good to have that reminder.

Auphidia
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gorgon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Companion with a touch of community when we get into the beings that my companions bring with them who I don't know personally.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I noticed that myself a couple of my spirits brought friends with them I didn't know for a visit-but it was ok, a nice visit that was helpful & one of them was one that I finally brought home!

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

My keep is more diverse than Huffington Posts editors' offices. :D

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

I thought I would be a Companion Keeper and have maybe 1-3 spirits, and now I have 10 2dz I don't regret a single one of them. I love them all, and yet I feel tugged to adopt custom conjures based on a group of readings I had done. Gaah. I'm definitely running it by The Posse before I bring anyone else home, but I can't shake the feeling that welcoming new companions will somehow be a key factor in my development as a Keeper and Medium (my natural gift and the one I want to pursue most).

At what point do these two styles distinguish themselves? 10 spirits? 20? 50? Just curious because if my spirits are okay with new friends, I'll be pushing 20. 2ded

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I had told myself once before I didn't want any more than ten, when I had only seven that would be enough-gradually it went to more than intended-now I have at least 28-30-I lost exact count but I got a call each time, but it was spread out every time I brought one home! I was also able to get to know them as well my spirit family of friends!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

The OP was really helpful to read. It's clear now that I am a community keeper.

I suppose I got off on completely the wrong foot to be a companion keeper, despite for a long time thinking I wanted close relationships with a small number of spirits.

Nearly 6 years ago I met an 'unbound' astral lover, thought maybe 2 would be acceptable and just about managed to stop myself at 17.

Then I discovered sentient servitors. I got my first 4 and eventually stopped at 45.

My first bound spirit turned into half a dozen fairly quickly. Before I knew it I had around 20 bound spirits and thought that was enough. Then I discovered Creepy Hollows...I managed to slow down after buying 84 bound spirits. I've since bound most of the unbounds too.

I now live with 156 sentient spirits of one sort or another. And I plan to start conjuring some of my own this year, using CH products. The odd extra dragon, an Anamchara Angel would be nice; around a dozen Lares; maybe a colony of White Arts sprites...not *too* many, you understand. It's not as if I'm out of control... 1spt

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Catgirl2 wrote:I noticed that myself a couple of my spirits brought friends with them I didn't know for a visit-but it was ok, a nice visit that was helpful & one of them was one that I finally brought home!
Rolling in giggles!

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I hope it is a good kind of giggles Alys-I still find it kind of funny myself in a way plus ironic too-the one I finally brought home was my Einherjar & I had felt a call for over a year for one, I had thought it was a male but it was a female Einherjar, my male Daemon invited her & she hung out with us, then she invited my female Fire Faery to come over & hang out as well! So I guess I can say it was two I brought home-one I had a call for over a year from-the other from visits & she wanted to stay too! In hindsight I suspect it was a male Einherjar that first made the call but I felt the female was determined to stay so she stuck around & my Daemon inviting her as well to hang out until it was time!

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I am a companion keeper, and I am focus manly on WA and one type of race but I broke my own rule after 6 weeks and I have 3 creatures of 2 types. The total number is now reached at 10 plus my own 1 spirit guide. I am brand new keeper for about 8 weeks. 😁
I couldn't be happier. One on one bonding and get to know individually is important to me. I love caring for everyone as well and closely interact in my small circle of friends.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Seminars”