neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

Awesome tips! Thanks so much :)

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Another big thig, most manifestations are very subtle when you're just starting out. They can be anything from an itch on your skin, to things like a song on the radio. A lot of people starting out tend to pass those little things off for something else, and get frustrated when they don't think anything is happening.

Being aware and appreciative of those seemingly miniscule things programs your brain to detect and differentiate spirit interaction with modern day life.

Another thing, the paranormal is a part of the natural world; it is normal. Our societal programming is the thing responsible for lack, or seemingly lack thereof of paranormal senses. You are born with it, and are made at a young age to forget. It also takes time to retrain your brain, so don't be frustrated if things don't appear instantly.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
NotTheCatYouWereLookingFor
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Cassandra

There's a lot of posts here where people talk about their spirits/entities talking to them as if the being is right in front of them, at the table, having tea.

While there are people who have developed their innate gifts to the point where that is possible IN THE RIGHT STATE OF MIND, that's not true for people who don't have those particular gifts, or who don't have those gifts as strong, or who haven't grown their psychic muscles to that point.

Think of psychism, in all its many manifestations, like talents. You may have the inborn talent to be good at drawing, but if you never pick up charcoal and learn to sketch, your first attempts are probably going to look like the attempts by someone who doesn't have any artistic talents at all...

Also understand that psychic abilities are as varied as people. You are an individual. Your experiences, and how you have translated those experiences to express your perceptions now, create your personal reality, which is unique in the universe. Consider your uniqueness, and do not expect your experiences to mimic or compare to anyone elses. Think of the old philosophical question about colors. When we look at the grass, we all have an agreement that grass is green when it is healthy and alive, right? But... you have no way of knowing whether my green and your green are the same in perception, or if I'm seeing a color that you would call mauve, but I call green because everyone knows to call the color of grass, "green."

Psychic abilities are like colors... everyone experiences their own psychic reality, and it cannot be compared to anyone else's, because YOU ARE UNIQUE IN THE UNIVERSE.

So.... when thinking on your own possible psychic talents, pay attention to how you perceive reality... because that's the first way you will experience your bonded beings. It could be anything.

I have a Griffin. When she first came to me, I kept hearing my cellphone vibrate, and then I'd pick it up to find it wasn't. I finally realized, I was hearing her purr, in my head. It was in my head, not in my ears.

Then, we started going on long walks. I kept finding feathers in really weird places during out walks, and almost immediately after finding a feather, I'd find a coin. Not necessarily a big coin... I found a lot of pennies... but it was her way of saying she was with me, and that she enjoyed our walks.

These were things I could understand. They were not what I expected, they were communication that I could comprehend. So... let go of expectations, because you and your beings will have a language that only works for you in all the world, because of your unique perceptions, your personal reality, your experiences which have created you as you see the world now.

Kat

tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

The other night I had an awesome experience. I was using a flashlight to find something and if you click the on button once it gives off a bright light, click it twice and it changes to a dimmer light. I was using the dim setting because it is still very bright and when I shined it on one of my vessels (a ring for my three baby pink dragons) it changed to the bright setting. I tried shaking it, whacking it on stuff, shining it on other vessels, no change, it stayed on the dim setting. My fingers and hand were no where near the button when it changed settings so I know it wasn't me accidentally hitting it. Over and over it would change the setting when I shined it on the vessel for my baby pink dragons only. Pretty amazing! It really is the small things that can be very meaningful, especially when you are still developing your talents. :D

ImageImageImage
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

Bump

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

A much needed bump!

:3
LiveNobody
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
Zodiac:

Will defiantly incorporate these techniques to help communicate with my spirits as often as I can! So exciting to think about being able to talk to these spirits, now just waiting in excitement and anticipation for my Spirit to enter my life :)

"Even good people are great at makin' bad decisions, yeah (Oh)
They ain't gon' take it serious
You find out pretty quick that life is more than just appearances
I know some things we could avoid to save embarrassment
But everything that breaks you down can also build your character"

~ NF - Nate
Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Well I too still have difficulty communicating with spirits.
Here are some more suggestions:

Journaling Your Experiences: Keep a daily journal of your interactions and feelings towards your spirits. This can help you track progress, notice subtle changes, and understand your spiritual journey better. Reflecting on your entries can also provide insights into your connection with the spirits.

Meditation and Visualization: Regular meditation can help calm your mind and enhance your sensitivity to spiritual energies. Visualization techniques, where you imagine engaging with your spirits in a peaceful setting, can also foster a stronger bond.

Create a Dedicated Space: Set up a special area in your home for spirit communication. This could be an altar or a quiet corner with items that you feel are connected to your spirits. This dedicated space can serve as a focal point for your interactions.

Engage in Energy Work: Practices like Reiki, Qi Gong, or Tai Chi can help you become more attuned to spiritual energies. These practices often enhance your ability to sense and interact with different forms of energy, including those from spirits.

Attend Workshops or Group Sessions: Participating in workshops or group sessions with others who are experienced in spirit keeping can provide valuable insights and techniques. It also offers a community of support where you can share experiences and learn from others.

Use of Crystals and Gemstones: Certain crystals are believed to enhance spiritual communication. You might want to explore using crystals such as amethyst, quartz, or labradorite during your spirit interactions.

Research and Education: Continue educating yourself about different aspects of spirit keeping. Read books, watch documentaries, or take online courses to deepen your understanding and skills.

Practice Gratitude: Regularly express gratitude to your spirits for their presence and assistance. Acknowledging and appreciating them can strengthen your bond.

Seek Professional Guidance: If you continue to struggle, consider consulting with a professional who specializes in spirit communication. They can offer personalized advice and techniques tailored to your unique situation.

Remember, the journey of spirit keeping is deeply personal and varies greatly from individual to individual. It's important to be patient and stay open to the experiences and lessons this path offers.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Thank you, Faolan! Some days I still have trouble & I found if I am overly stressed, I have trouble, but on the bright side one of my spirits made a suggestion to think on them when I need support, seems to work very well so far, but your suggestions are excellent!

:3

Return to “Spirit Keeping”