Help identifiing a spirit

Discussions on specific races of faeries.
Melekor
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Woodland
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Waylan

Spirit identification, hello everyone I would like some assistance in identification of a spirit that has visited me several times when I am meditating or doing ritual work in my back yard. I first met this spirit when casting a circle, I had newly created. I had a thunderstorm kill a red oak tree in my yard and fashioned an altar from the trunk and the four element/direction columns from a larger branch of the three. I was in the middle of my first ritual within this space when I first detected it. I heard very clear footsteps in the leaves around my circle coming from the heavily wooded area at the back of the yard. There was no wind or other noise, just the crunch of dry leaves, it came to the south column and just well observed what I was doing. I could feel its presence so strong that I also went to the south column, I could since that it was approving of what I was doing and came specifically to watch the ritual. I greeted it and told it welcome and then continued on with my ritual. After that, it will come anytime I am meditating or doing any ritual work in the yard. Normally I hear it walking or feel it near, once if manifested to me in a, “material” form. It appeared to be a young male about two to maybe two and a half feet tall, fashioned out of palmetto leaves/reeds. Much like the fashion I had seen as a child of people making dolls from corn husk. He was a dark emerald green in color and had a small skirt/kilt fashioned of the same material. His face, arms everything appeared to be of this type plant. He also wore a headdress or crown though to me it looks like the feathered headdress of a Native American, it was also fashioned of the palmetto leaves around his head with their points sticking up like the feathers would for the headdress of Native Americans. He has always given off a strong feeling of approval when I am out spell working or doing any ritual. Once when another individual came to my house for Embolic and tried to go into the woods and do a spell of his own, without asking is the only time I have seen the spirit react in an unfriendly manner. He appeared before the person as a wisp of blue white light with sparks flying off and basically ran him out of the woods and back to our house. He never says much just greets me whenever I am walking in the woods and seems to like to just well watch me or my children when they are out and about in the yard. I have classified him as a woodland spirit for lack of anything else to go by.

Thanks,

Melekor

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23

No expert but the two things that come to my mind reading this is dryad or mandrake.To me what I know about dryads is that their a spirit of a tree and I don't know if you have palmetto trees around but it may like how your useing the tree like not letting it's lose be in vaine or something like that.

And I say mandrake since how you discrib it is how I know a mandrake to look though that ignoring the clothing.Again not a expert and others may know better about what their talking about but that's what I would say your looking at from what you said creacher wise thoughts on intent could be way off.

Blessed be

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

A diwata maybe? Or tree folk?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor

darkwing wrote:A diwata maybe? Or tree folk?
Aren't dryads the tree folk dw or is their a differents between the two.

Blessed be

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Err, maybe?
Although there is a thread asking about whether sidhe draoi (faery druid) is a type of dryad or not as well, so not sure. I thought tree folk would comprise dryad, sidhe draoi, etc. but I could be wrong:/

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor

darkwing wrote:Err, maybe?
Although there is a thread asking about whether sidhe draoi (faery druid) is a type of dryad or not as well, so not sure. I thought tree folk would comprise dryad, sidhe draoi, etc. but I could be wrong:/
Well the dryad are the only ones I would think of as tree folk being the trees themselves like how the fay as I've seen on the forum are the spirits of plants in general.

If their are other spirits or entitys that are trees or tree related that aren't dryads like the sidhe draoi then that would make more sense like how fay in general would be called wee folk or small folk from what I've read tree folk would be the comprising term I just didn't think their would be other spirits like that.

Then again I didn't know 97% of the spirits in the ch encyclopedia existed untill I saw it so I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.Now that I think about it a spriggen may qualify as tree folk if I'm remebering the description correctly.

But all in all I take it the answer to the question here is some sort of tree or plant spirit I'm gessing if were both on the same page of thought unless another opinion shows up from another member or ch.

Blessed be

Melekor
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Woodland
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Waylan

DualWanderer3 wrote:No expert but the two things that come to my mind reading this is dryad or mandrake.To me what I know about dryads is that their a spirit of a tree and I don't know if you have palmetto trees around but it may like how your useing the tree like not letting it's lose be in vaine or something like that.

And I say mandrake since how you discrib it is how I know a mandrake to look though that ignoring the clothing.Again not a expert and others may know better about what their talking about but that's what I would say your looking at from what you said creacher wise thoughts on intent could be way off.

Blessed be
<<Removed by mod>>we do not have palmetto trees here unless they are planted as in they are not native. We have what is more a shrub that is called a palmetto grows wild all over in the woods of this area. This is a picture of one.http://67.227.221.91/~ncwildflowerorv/i ... at_web.jpg

Return to “Faery Races”