Could it be that I have no abilities to start with?

Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I agree with many others in this post. You have just not found out where and how you click with energy just yet. Work with what you can and try to keep your frustrations to a minimum because you are learning, and growing, and trying. Be easier on yourself and be forgiving.

However, don't neglect things like self-reflection either. Spiritual growth can only be aided when you're not afraid to look at yourself in the mirror and learning where your flaws lie. No one is perfect and you shouldn't expect yourself to be perfect either.

You can do it. :) Don't give up!

And then there was a thing, but not any thing, it was a thingy thing.
~~~~~~
Azure Echo, owner of Azure's Immortal Conjures.
https://azures-immortal-conjures.fwscart.com/
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:Thanks, I will check those out!
I think when you read this books it will do the same things that happened to me when I read them A long time ago.

1. Immediately gained a greater sense that I was on to something
2. Found the explanations very plain and clear.
3. Began testing to some of what I read, which was simple just like siting in a chair for a while
4. Suddenly say (in a relaxed manner) a much wider field of thought had always been in my mind and right then in a gentle way was saying "Hello!"

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Thorny
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: almost any
If I could be anything, I would be...: A flying cat
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sebeto

Bookmarked the thread so I can check out these books when I get the money, Caiyros, thanks.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Also, there is a the possibility for everyone to not be bored, and this type of "gentle push" really is a wondrous thing...

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1500
Spelled Number: 2000

Lokakisa wrote:I just looked them up on Amazon and see a lot of good reviews. Affordable copies too. Added to my wish list!
I have those books.. read them years ago..
20160803_122945.jpg
If you lived closer I would let you borrow them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Some people are like slinkies. They serve no useful purpose what so ever; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

I do not feed Trolls. I never seem to have a spare goat on hand when I cross a bridge; and I never like to waste a good goat on an annoying Troll. Ignoring them is such a wonderful option.

We tend to take life and the Internet too seriously. Don't allow others to tear you down or ruin your day. You live for YOU... NOT for them.
Celene
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals

Zero wrote:One of the biggest discouragements for people who start practicing is comparing themselves and their progress with others.
I see how that can happen when joining a community like this; people are constantly sharing their experiences (which is really great!) but it also lends to some becoming disheartened when they start comparing. I've been solo in my journey up until now, so I never experienced that which I now feel is a blessing in disguise.

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
― Thomas Campbell
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Celene wrote:
Zero wrote:One of the biggest discouragements for people who start practicing is comparing themselves and their progress with others.
I see how that can happen when joining a community like this; people are constantly sharing their experiences (which is really great!) but it also lends to some becoming disheartened when they start comparing.
Yep, just like studying at school. Some students would be disappointed by looking at the score rank announcement. It can be a motivation, or a demotivation...

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Yeah, when I was a solo pagan (pre-internet at that!), I was satisfied, not knowing what I was missing.
Then I joined a temple and became jealous. Finally I couldn't stand the secrecy, strictness, and other annoyances anymore and left to explore the wider world of paganism and spirit-work. Of course the internet leads to more jealousy. And people just talking out of their a$$ to get attention, and the holier-than-thou types.
This path has led to nothing but unhappiness, because I can't have what others have.
Someone once said that we can't all be priests, shamans, spirit-workers, etc. There will always be ordinary people around. At the time I thought he was being insulting. Now I wonder.

Hm.

Could I have internalized what some people have said, that I "can't" do this? Because then they wont be special snowflakes anymore if everyone realizes their own abilities? (outside of the CH forum of course, no one acts like that here, thank the gods)

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Marilee
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote:I just looked them up on Amazon and see a lot of good reviews. Affordable copies too. Added to my wish list!
If you search Max Freedom Long pdf or Max Freedom Long Download or Max Freedom Long eBook, you will find free access to many of his books. My library does not have them, so I looked for alternative free sources. 1ey

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Aw shucks, lol, well I ordered used copies and waiting on them to arrive. ;P

I think though, that I had the misfortune of meeting the wrong people on my journey.
I wish that I had found this community first so I would have been encouraged rather than discouraged. Because you guys have been great for keeping spirits up. *ba dum tish*

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.

Return to “General Questions”