Best friend's imaginary friend not so imaginary?

Elilara
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Why on earth would I share this online?
Zodiac:

I had a dream last night that I didn't think too much of. It was of a girl in her teens who had a pet red dragon named Mr. Martin or Mr. Martine. After I woke up, I got this odd sense that the dragon was clinging to the wall over my bed, and that somehow that girl actually died (or he lost connection to her) when she was very little and he was alone and lost. So, I told the story to my best friend (who I consider my brother), and he nearly fell over. He once had to write about an imaginary friend when he was well, a little girl (he's trans). He said he didn't have one, so he wrote about a red dragon who's description fit what I saw in my dream, and his name was one letter off from that. I just tried calling him by the name my friend gave, and I got a physical sense of "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT???". I'm currently chatting with my friend, and am kind of coaxing him to call out to the dragon- he's probably confused because he was looking for a girl! He seems like a very young and clumsy dragon. I sent him directions to my friend's place and sent a pic of "girl in dream = this guy now" and ... It sounds like he just got there- Mr. Red Dragon told him "SHAPESHIFTER!" but in a gleeful fashion.

Wow- this is too strange and wonderful! My friend just popped away from the computer to have a chat with him.

EDIT: Poor thing! My friend isn't used to spirts and now he's got a very talkative, hyper, rambunctious young dragon bouncing all over his room! He was going "YOU HAVE FAIRY SWEETS I WANT THEM!" which turned out to mean strawberries, so they are sharing strawberries now. Helping him try to set ground rules as it's freaking him out slightly even though it's an odd reunion.
Last edited by Elilara on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

That was a great story. So weird. You should write more.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Elilara
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks! It's actually making me tear up a little bit- Helping reunite lost friends- I wish I could do that intentionally for more people O_o

Shiori
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Wow! What a wonderfully cute story. Fairy tales do come true, see! :D And such a beautiful reunion. :inlove: Thanks for sharing!

“How much truth can a spirit bear, how much truth can a spirit dare? ...that became for me more and more the real measure of value.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
shaf02
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

most fairy tales LOL actually have a bad ending

its used to scare little children o.o works effectively if you.

(POST COUNT + 1) YES, Fist Bump! lol.
david2885
active contributor
active contributor

Awww, faiwy sweets! *sniff* I need a tissue... *sniff*

cloudy_sky
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

That is awesome! I had to read it a few times. Its so happy. Keep us updated please! *Off to reread it a few more times before I go to sleep*

~ Megan ~

And the things you can't remember tell the things you can't forget
That history puts a saint in every dream
Elilara
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Eee! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I felt kinda bad as I helped drop this bomb on my friend, then I had all sorts of chaos happen to me so I couldn't be there to try to provide support. Mr. Red Dragon has been VERY talkative to my friend- wanting to know everything, and investigate everything. He was even poking around in his head to see what kind of music exists, and decided he wanted to listen to Oingo Boingo! He was starting to bug my friend a bit with his youthful exuberance, until he finally set up a pile of pennies at the base of a statue he liked and the red seemed to chill out and settle there. Any tips on handling a 'baby' dragon? Setting up a horde seemed to have helped.

Silver
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Aww~! What a cute story!

I also feel the need to comment on the dragon's awesome musical tastes. Oingo Boingo has some pretty good music. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, I don't really know much about what to suggest for calming the little guy down. Though, uh, giving him a hoard and some strawberries seems to have helped. For whatever reason, I almost want to suggest getting the little guy something to play with. Though, I've no idea what, nor where that suggestion came from. ^^;

Hope things work out for your friend!

Elilara
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Haha! Aww Silver, every time I offered him a suggestion it was followed by "...but I have no idea where that suggestion came from." So, definitely worth a try!

Return to “Dragons”