active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: A shapeshifter, duh
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I've recently had a dream about reading a forum on this site. In it, I was reading a thread about werewolf books to read for information.

I was reading the description about the third book called, "The Tale of Crocotta" I think. When i went to read it, an image of a large standing, black wolf creature with glowing yellow eyes was baring it's teeth at me, but then, some jaguar man (idk, some guy with the fur and coat of a jaguar on a human body body, a lion personality and normal human head) who was lying next to it, distracted by saying something like "Oh, get over here!". Then the man's mouth turned into a lion's jaw and youth and licked the creatures fur.

The word "crocotta" stuck in my head. It sounded familiar, but I didn't know what it exactly was. All I knew based on my instinct was that it was either bad or it was just something that didn't really fit, so I tried avoiding to think about it. However, my curiosity still mentioned it here and there.

In the morning, I looked it up and figured out what it was. I did remember reading the encyclopedia description a long time ago, but it was more for exploring what creepy hollows had for their spirit entries.

I remember hearing about them for protection for spirits, and lately I'm thinking of getting my werewolf friend a buddy to have. I feel bad he has been left out of things since I've been hanging out with my psy vampire. I ask him if he wants any alone time together, or if he's okay, but he only asks for his vessel to be worn. I don't know if he wants a buddy since I never asked, all I hear him ask for is children, but he knows I'm not a big fan of the idea. I would rather give him something that we both agree on and would be able to enjoy.

I wouldn't say crocottas really "call" on people since they hate humans, but would a vampire and werewolf count as being human or not? Technically, they look like people, so would crocottas hate looks in general or the pure thing? I don't know if I want to consider a crocotta yet, but it would be nice to get something to protect the family. I already looked at what creepy hollows had, and they have 1 preconjure that made me suspicious. Only one, that's it. It also looked similar to my dream, making me curious. There's also customs but I don't think I'm a fan yet.

Finally, they are dark/grey arts, which is a little iffy with the word "dark" in it, but I think they're grey, but you never know. I'm not entirely sure what to think of it, I never really had a true classification of color with my two spirits, but I think they are white light, based of what the seller says about most of her spirits. Still, I'm uncertain, and I'm not going to consider the dream a calling until proven otherwise. I could possibly handle it, but just by hearing me say and write that here makes me feel like a doofus.

I could imagine something like:

Crocotta: "F you" *leaves*

Me: "Yo we can be friends, I'm a decent human!"

Crocotta: *middle finger*

My spirit friends: "Babe, we'll talk to him soon, maybe he needs some time and space to adjust."

Crocotta: *ignores* *makes scary noises*

Me: "Almonds!"

Crocotta: *eats granola bar with almonds in it while making direct eye contact* "Try me."

Me: *facepalm*

So, anyone have experience with crocottas? What they have done or anything interesting? How silent they are, any trouble with them?

Thanks peeps. 2cl

Insanity is the gift that mankind calls a curse.

Less weeds, more blooms, make a change in the world or your not gonna like yourself- From My Waif Fairy

HOW THE FLART DID I GET HERE?!?!

*gotta go fast ladywo1f gotta go fast*
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

I don't think Crocottas particularly hate humans. I don't think they respect us much(aka human are seen as weak/weak hearted), but hate is too strong. I have 2, one was a custom from CH and the other is a rescue adoption from CH(if anyone should hate a human it would be him).

They are indeed DAs, however, I'm sure you could find lighter ones if you have a trusted seller.

I was first introduced to my CC in a dream shortly after the binding. He chased me through a forest rather menacingly(I know, not a great way to prove a point, >.>) in a form, not unlike the one you described. I had a "lightbulb" moment and realized what was up. I turned on him and told him I wasn't scared and wouldn't run away and stood my ground. He's been pretty decent every since. Now I'm not saying we're besties, but he listens when I talk with him and hasn't done anything else angsty. He's even protected me a time or two.

The SRA, is even less sociable(which is to be expected), but he's not antagonistic. He cares more about patrolling and security than chit chatting. I'm fine with it. He gets a lot of attention from my ladies, and they have a protector they can rely on. I figure he's probably happier and better off than he was. I really couldn't hope for much more.

I have quite the group of humanoid and partial humanoid spirits/entities/servitors(everything from Nymphos to, Were-spiders to Centaurs). They really don't care.

I'd be happy to answer or clarify anything. Just let me know.

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I was just bound to my first crocotta companion, wanting a protector for my spirit family, and was pleasantly surprised by how friendly, sociable and personable her description was:
She is a clever and powerful guide who uses the power of the moon to further your ethereal and lunar gifts. She is a lively and expressive guide who wants to see you expand your spiritual power. She is a nurturing friend who wants the best for you.
Not remotely what I was expecting from a being characterized as “a mortal enemy of humans.”

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Call me judgmental, but after reading the initial encyclopedia page for it, I was like: Oh hells naw. Maybe, just maybe. But not for sure.

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

I do have a crocotta in my keep. I got him from CH so my spirits were protected. I'm not sure why I decided to get a crocotta, maybe I found something on this forum where Ash told us about how crocotta's were good for your spirits.
He was my 10th or 11th spirit, basically somewhere in 2016 I got him. It's not like I experienced anything that proves he was around, but I always got the feeling he was here for my spirits, not for me. I bonded much more with the kitsune I got some time after... but my kitsune became besties with my crocotta apparantly. It's only since 2018 that my crocotta and I bonded more.

Well I got a werewolf as well into our family last december, and now the pack of dog-like is growing like weed. My latest order included mramba, cwn annwn, and a adlet. Thanks to the bogo's I got two other werewolves and another pair of mramba.
My crocotta is going to be very busy making sure everyone of the dogpack is keeping in check :-p He is definitly stepping up to be the alpha. ( next to that, he will probably have long meetings with my marid djinn, the beta of our keep to make sure everyone behaves... we are reaching a keep with 100 members now so)
My kitsune is also just a entity cub with only two tails ( she is basically still a teen). So my crocotta is also her guardian when she is around.

From my experience my crocotta doesn't hate me or anything. We are doing fine together. He is being protective of our spirit family and keeps them in check. Everytime I'm reading the houserules to a new member, I go like:' And make sure you behave, or the crocotta will be running after you,'
I've been playing the song-game with all of keep members lately, and the song the crocotta picked to describe our relationship was: Taylor Swift - I'd lie ( basically, even if humans and crocotta's normally don't mix, we do).
For us I would say, you can basically describe our relationship like two teachers of the same class. We are collegues, but our common task is the students.

With some members of our keep I've a better relationship, I wouldn't say the crocotta is my bestie, but he is definitly not my enemy. Maybe we are some sort of friends. We both take care of the family we love.

From my experience, you don't get a crocotta for yourself, but more for your spirits. The crocotta will protect your spirits on fronts where you can't. And it's not like anyone with malicious intent towards your spirits gets past the crocotta. ( as I do just remember, one of my spirits told me via the card-game he was afraid someone would kidnap him. Maybe that's why I purchased a crocotta. It's not like anyone of my spirits will get kidnapped now) Just don't forget that if you dare to be pissed with your own spirits, the crocotta will also step in and growl back at you. :-p

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Opelia Rendon wrote:Call me judgmental, but after reading the initial encyclopedia page for it, I was like: Oh hells naw. Maybe, just maybe. But not for sure.
I do wonder if they mixed up the description of the crocotta and the werewolf. That one is positive too but less personal. “Active, protective, loyal,” etc.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I thought of getting a Crocotta as I wanted something that would protect my spirit family too. I was lucky to get some BOGO reverse adoption spirits that look after my spirit family, including a Courtwind Angel that specifically protects them.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I considered a Crocotta a while back and I guess I forgot about it when I ordered my Hoblet, Werewolf, and got a Fire Faery on a RA.

I figured the werewolf was pretty much for their protection, but I am well aware half of them already are good protectors in their own rights.

Still, a Crocotta would be interesting. I do feel since it'd be more for them I'd ask them about one and see who would want to "pair up" with it. I bet my Dullahan would love to have one near him. Got a strong feeling about that typing this. Somehow the image of him on his horse and a Crocotta trotting alongside just... fits. :)

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:I bet my Dullahan would love to have one near him. Got a strong feeling about that typing this. Somehow the image of him on his horse and a Crocotta trotting alongside just... fits. :)
Oh that does sound absolutely right.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
Opelia Rendon wrote:Call me judgmental, but after reading the initial encyclopedia page for it, I was like: Oh hells naw. Maybe, just maybe. But not for sure.
I do wonder if they mixed up the description of the crocotta and the werewolf. That one is positive too but less personal. “Active, protective, loyal,” etc.
Double checked with CH. All info was correct.

Return to “Creatures”