You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: there all cool
If I could be anything, I would be...: dont know yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: carlos the jackel

ChaosDevour wrote:To be honest, one demon I had in particular stands out (and I have kept quite a few in the past)...

It's energy was very, very different to the demons that are conjured by most sellers today... I imagine it would make most people run a mile... it also makes me wonder what beings sellers are currently conjuring, because they are nothing like this particular demon I experienced.

Demon keeping is a trend, in my eyes... a trend to make money off of, and that trend is popular because demons are "dark" and thus, "cool"...

In a nut shell, not long after receiving this demon, I sent it to CH. That was a few years ago now. It didn't do anything negative towards me, but I did foresee potential problems if I decided to keep it instead of sending it away. CH confirmed, once they had received it, that they had "the demon contained"... just some food for thought - if it was a "safe" demon, they wouldn't need to "contain" it.
firstly can i ask what type of demon was it
secondly you sent it to ch and they contained it so it gets locked up for being just what it was.
was any attempt made to rehome it with a new keeper or to send it back to its own realm. i feel the treatment this being received proves that humanity is the more demonic.

spirits lots
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:
Darksbane wrote: Thanks for those Darkwing! Although, seems people have debated this forever lol. *sigh*

Hm. And that second one blew up into an argument, which is sad.

I think I'll stick with my idea, whether or not the being themselves defines themselves as a demon. Otherwise I don't know what would be a good definition.
And Christianity doesn't help, saying anything they think is evil, as "demonic".
I'm not saying anyone who is Christian follows that method, just that the general religion had that definition. Which I don't agree with.

Anyways, enough of my rambling, no need to have an argument start here somehow, like it did in the other thread.

So yeah. Definitions be difficult.
Well, the debate and argument in those threads did show that this topic is not an easy one, and can be very sensitive to some.

As such, based on your belief and knowledge you might choose which definition to stick to. But in researching, rather than adhering to one definition only, it might be better to see the context of where this topic is being discussed as well (as in "demon" and "demonized"). Some that I can think of:
-All that are not angel or human (e.g. demon in Christianism, djinn in Islamism)
-Those who oppose the prevalent belief systems, beings who are demonized or designated as the enemy side (e.g. daeva in Zoroastrianism, asura in Hinduism)
-Those who seduce people to worldly pleasures (e.g. Mara and his daughters in Buddhism. Ubi race may also fall to this category in this category)
-Those who lie, trick people who engage them (e.g. trickster. Loki is demonized probably because of this)
-Those who thrive in negativity/negative energy (e.g. astral parasites, energy vampires)
-Pure malevolent, evil, destructive entities (basically, BA entity, the complete opposite of WA).
-Those from hellish or underworld realms, infernal beings or with infernal energy (e.g. hellhound might be included in this category. The DA demons discussed in other threads may also be in this category)
-Those mentioned specifically in Satanism, demonology, demonolatry, etc. (hellborn, lowborn, any race under dark immortals/demon lords, etc. Similarly, DA demons discussed in other threads may also be in this category)

There may be more contexts out there. Happy researching : )

Yeah, I don't know which is the "correct" one. But thank you Darkwing, that's very useful info! It's a shortlist of the various ways the word has been defined. It's interesting. I won't go with any religious view on it though, personal preference. I think not anyways.

I suppose the infernal term would be closest to my thinking of definition. But I still don't know. Like, how scientists define mammals, reptiles, and so on.

We need that sort of clear definition for "demons". I know it would be difficult to get anyone to agree on one sadly, but one can hope.

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Lionox
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

fundude53 wrote:
ChaosDevour wrote:To be honest, one demon I had in particular stands out (and I have kept quite a few in the past)...

It's energy was very, very different to the demons that are conjured by most sellers today... I imagine it would make most people run a mile... it also makes me wonder what beings sellers are currently conjuring, because they are nothing like this particular demon I experienced.

Demon keeping is a trend, in my eyes... a trend to make money off of, and that trend is popular because demons are "dark" and thus, "cool"...

In a nut shell, not long after receiving this demon, I sent it to CH. That was a few years ago now. It didn't do anything negative towards me, but I did foresee potential problems if I decided to keep it instead of sending it away. CH confirmed, once they had received it, that they had "the demon contained"... just some food for thought - if it was a "safe" demon, they wouldn't need to "contain" it.
firstly can i ask what type of demon was it
secondly you sent it to ch and they contained it so it gets locked up for being just what it was.
was any attempt made to rehome it with a new keeper or to send it back to its own realm. i feel the treatment this being received proves that humanity is the more demonic.
It was an ancient demon, and that's all I'm going to say.

No, it was contained because it wasn't safe. I trust CH, and it was no longer my business or my problem anymore once they received it. I know CH would do the right thing, and they did.

You need to realize that not all demons are keepable.

Lionox
neophyte
neophyte

fundude53 wrote:
ChaosDevour wrote: was any attempt made to rehome it with a new keeper or to send it back to its own realm. i feel the treatment this being received proves that humanity is the more demonic.
There was absolutely no attempt on my part to rehome it. I was always a responsible keeper, not about to give that kind of demon to anyone. As for sending it back to its realm, I don't know if CH did that or not. I never asked. To be honest, I was just happy it was in the most experienced hands (CH).

fundude53
active contributor
active contributor

ChaosDevour wrote:
fundude53 wrote:
ChaosDevour wrote: was any attempt made to rehome it with a new keeper or to send it back to its own realm. i feel the treatment this being received proves that humanity is the more demonic.
There was absolutely no attempt on my part to rehome it. I was always a responsible keeper, not about to give that kind of demon to anyone. As for sending it back to its realm, I don't know if CH did that or not. I never asked. To be honest, I was just happy it was in the most experienced hands (CH).
ok i know i dont know all the facts or know what u know so im,e trying not to be judgemental
my gut feeling though is that this demon seems to have been treated rather harshly simply just because of what it is. the thought springs to mind why did u get one if u dint want too keep one.
but like i say ime trying not to be judgemental about this you say it was very old can u remember why type it was or what name it was.

spirits lots
Lionox
neophyte
neophyte

fundude53 wrote:
ChaosDevour wrote:
fundude53 wrote:
ok i know i dont know all the facts or know what u know so im,e trying not to be judgemental
my gut feeling though is that this demon seems to have been treated rather harshly simply just because of what it is. the thought springs to mind why did u get one if u dint want too keep one.
but like i say ime trying not to be judgemental about this you say it was very old can u remember why type it was or what name it was.
I chalk it up to experience. I've had really positive experiences with some great demons, they were fantastic companions. I walked the LHP for 3 years. It was just this one in particular that I felt was not a good choice. I trust my gut, and my gut told me not to keep it any longer.

fundude53
active contributor
active contributor

ok that kinda makes sense if it was a trickster and not a nice one at that them it would be foolish to keep it around so i get your point.
luckily for me ive had nothing but good intensions from mine up to now from there feel and behavior i could almost forget they were demons but thats kinda what they do so am always careful and respectful with them

spirits lots
Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

::nice:: There is a lot of good information here.Thanks to all who contributed.

starseed
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Malachi Bloodfeather

Agree with both Krowe and Aprophis. But the word spelled that way MEANs Fallen Angel. Lucifer's 1/3. Like in the Goetia.Whatever Angels really are?

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Well I have a definition for myself, in part thanks to AuroraMagick

Energy vibrations, if they are the same kind as what other demons have,

Location, like the Lower Realm (what Aurora calls the area the more orderly ones are on the astral plane) the Hell realm, etc.

Or one of mine, if they consider themselves demonic/a demon.

As for the succubi in my keep, neither of them came from those areas, I don't know about energy, but they don't consider themselves one, so that's fine by me. It's not a huge deal anyways. ^_^

I also had a lower realm demoness join me, she's super kind and thoughtful, further breaking that whole myth about demons being "evil" how they are in Hollywood movies and so on.

It's been such a long time since I made this thread lol. So much has changed.

Thanks for necro'ing it. XD I think it was definitely needed to be reminded of to me. How far you can come in 5 and a half months. :)

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.

Return to “Dark Arts”