What has been your scariest paranormal experience?

User470
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All my spirits
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Wow, for scary experiences we are "all good" here!!! 2sc

Ok, i had another very recent to tell you, but i think it was more of a joke...

I was watching Ghost Adventures episode, where 3 people got murdered in a house,
and they called the help of a old medium woman, she doesn't stopped to repeat "3,3,3" three persons where murdered here.

Then a guy showed 3 claw marks he had in his forearm, and he got it in the number 3 room, who had obviously a "3" in the door...

I went to my bedroom, and have begin to hear noises in the ceiling and roofs, walls, and it have begin to creepy me out...

All os a sudden, i heard 3 knocks in my room door, the door was closed...
I got so nervous, then after i exploded laughing, as i had a flash vision of my watcher, he was the one who knocked so i get scared and call for him, LOL! (yes, he is mischievous!^^)

===================================================================================

For a more serious experience, it happened when i had 6 years old.
One of my aunts, died during the night, and they had no choice but let her body on the living room.
I was not supposed to see her before they do her toilets, but i have sneak in to see anyway.

As long i remember, her body was the first dead person i had ever saw, i was impressed and couldn't take my eyes way, this same night she was still there talking to me, next day she was gone...

I asked my other aunt: "where is my aunt now"? she answered: "she is on heaven, with angels, if you look at the skies, you will maybe see her doing a hello to you"...

Ok...i spend most of my day,looking at the sky and nothing...
Till next day, after they have buried her body, i was alone in the other house next to my aunt garden
when all of a sudden, i felt something, something calling me to come closer, that was not a voice, but a compelling feeling, this sensation that you MUST take this direction, but you don't know why...

Then this strange wind have caressed my body...i was a child, but i knew something was wrong, i have begin to think about her, and i remember pretty well telling to myself: "she is not in heaven, she is here" 2sc

I have run way as fast as i could, and never i have felt this aunt again!
Now, i am sure this one was my scariest experience...

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

The Image

One night as I took my seat to meditate, I noticed that I had a lot of resistance. But I decided to forge ahead because I wanted to spend time with my "Wednesday Spirits." Immediately as I closed my eyes I had an impression of a skeletally thin blonde woman. She was so hungry and so aggressive. I could sense her in my teeth too. It was like biting rocks, and the feeling went down to the roots of my teeth and all around my jaws and throat. It felt ill.

My go-to method for dealing with just about anything is to ground first. I typically have no trouble grounding, and it tends to clear up almost anything. I couldn't do it. I could not get around her. She was insistent. I couldn't push her out with a shield. Her image and sensations stayed there, although she didn't necessarily feel like a sentient presence.

I asked my spirits to protect me, to let me learn what I was supposed to learn without letting it hurt me. I asked them what she was and what she wanted. My high elf ancestor, very pedagogically, suggested that I go to the cards. He, of course, suggested his favorite deck. He super likes these cards. I think he has some very insistent teacher feelings towards me and wants me to learn the tarot (which I have been putting off really getting down to doing in favor of using oracle cards which feel clearer and less intimidating to me.)

The Cards

The order goes from bottom, left to right; then top, right to left.

At first I drew two cards. One for "Who is this?" and another for "What am I supposed to learn from this?"
-Who is this? Five of cups. A loss. My first thought was of the most significant of the deaths I've had among my loved ones in the last year. But that didn't ring true. So I went on.
-What am I supposed to learn from this? King of swords, reversed. I need to focus less on being guided by thoughts alone.

Oooooookay. I draw another card.
What am I supposed to do about this? Knight of wands, reversed. Lack of stability.

So I just sit there and stare at the spread and puzzle over it. It felt so disjointed to me. I couldn't quite string together what I was supposed to get out of this. A loss, too much focus on thoughts, and lack of stability. How was lack of stability even an action I was supposed to take?

So I draw a fourth card, again asking, What action am I supposed to take? Death, reversed. I am avoiding an important transition.

I stare at the spread some more, and then it all clunks into place.

The Meaning

Five of Cups - A loss

About that time a year ago I had gotten my dream job. I styled doll hair for small children. It was just the most fun and fulfilling thing ever for me. At the time of this occurrence, my hours had been dwindling. It wasn't just me. Everyone at the store was having fewer and fewer hours. As in, some of us had four hours a week right now, and others had four hours every other week. I was so disappointed because I had hoped to become a thirty-hour employee by that time.

But life goes on, and needs must be met. So I picked up a second job. On paper it sounded really nice--another position playing with children,--but I was not excited about the prospect of spending so much time ferrying myself and my energies between two jobs, a handmade store, and all my responsibilities at home. Sometimes I felt like the engine of our little family, and it exhausted me. I was also disappointed that I wasn't spending as much time at the job I loved as I would want.

King of Swords, Reversed - Focus less on being guided by thoughts alone

The night before I was set to start the job, I mentioned my mixed feelings on PE. Huffette reminded me to trust my intuition. Someone else noted that nothing good had ever come from a mixed job she'd had mixed feelings about. I confess: I didn't take their wisdom all the way in. I didn't feel like my feelings were intuition so much as my emotions about a less than ideal situation. I thought it was me and my simple disappointment tainting my expectations.

Then I went and had my first day. The children were precious and adorable. And I utterly failed to feel connected to them. Which basically never happens with me and children. I could not draw up any energy to even want to play with them. I realized that some of the practices there weren't up to the standard I would insist on as a parent. I could not make myself connect to that day in any way. And the more I thought about it the more repelled by the job I was.

I resolved to give it a few more days and give it a chance. See if I could come at it with fresh energy and expectations. After all, I'm an adult with responsibilities, and I shouldn't just dump an okay job, right? That's how I was thinking. I thought my way all around going back and giving it another shot.

Knight of Wands, Reversed - A lack of stability

The next day was supposed to be my second day. The night before, my son woke up at 2AM and stayed up all night. His nose ran and he coughed juicily. When he was eating breakfast the next morning, his hands shook. I couldn't bear to take him to daycare like that. So I called out to take care of him. I missed my second day of a brand new job.

Death, Reversed - I am avoiding an important transition

I drew these cards that night, and the decision started to become clear to me. I should resign and figure out something else. Take another chance. Maybe go to bat even harder at the doll job and wait out the inevitable resignations there. Spend more time meditating or on my store. Mind my mental health with great care. Something else.

But I was loathe to quit a job. I hate quitting jobs. I hate the word "quit" even though often that's what it's best for me to do when I'm seriously considering it. It's how I slogged through law school which was the worst run of depression I've ever had. I was so sick. I had a suicide plan. I thought about it all the time. And the best thing for me would have just been to get off the damn train. But I did not, because "quitting" feels so wrong and like a defeat instead of a decision. And that made everything so much worse.

So I whined at the cards, drew another, and basically asked them Really? Really quit? This is going to be really hard. It's not going to feel good at all.

The Moon, Reversed - Something I am not seeing clearly; spending too much time in the dark isn't good for me

Well, then. No. It would not feel good to quit. But ignoring Intuition and hanging on to that job was going to drag me through the dark for longer than would be good for me.

Resolution

So, I quit. I was terrified of how doing otherwise would have panned out to have ignored such a clear warning. And you know what? It is such an unexpected relief to have some time to myself to deal with the rest of my life that's not my dream job. I could spend the weekend with the (rather....in-law-y...) in-laws and deal with that situation on its own merits rather than having the added layer of just another thing on my plate.

Zarine
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 132
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

This is a really interesting topic!!

For me, it would have to be while I was on holiday! I stayed in this cottage, and it was full of energy, it gave me hallucinations at night of my family being in danger, being killed..! Me being sick..

Then I snapped out of the hallucination, seeing this shadowy figure at the foot of my bed, definitely warning me off their territory..!

When I left, I had this feeling of relief ~ My Pegasus and I were glad to be back on the road after that one..!

My spirits are my guides, friends and family~ I love them all! <3)
I'm so happy they chose to bless my life the way that they have!
kindred
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Great posts... bumping :)

User470
active contributor
active contributor

kindred wrote:Great posts... bumping :)
OMG yes Kindred , even if it was horrible experiences , keep posting, i do love this thread, because we can discover paranormal stories and also because all of us can tell things we maybe would never tell easily to people out there, and nobody here you tell you are crazy!

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

A lot of my stories aren't that scary. I can't see spirits, but I've always been sensitive to their energy, so I've had times where I've known a spirit was around and I've been uncomfortable. Besides the story I told before here are a few small instances were I've been uncomfortable.

While on a Ouija board a clock flew off a shelf. It was plugged in behind my head board, so it shouldn't have done that.

A spirit would use a picture of a wolf to spy on me. Its why I still only hang landscapes, or nothing at all. I know now they don't need the picture to spy, but this one used this particular pic as an anchor. Was unnerving.

My friends houses were always haunted. At one the spirit there was a huge prankster. Slamming doors, a mirror on her vanity table flipped backwards, the same picture would follow me around appearing in spots I had been standing, a black mass in the reflection off a window, etc...

I walked into an abandoned house when I was house hunting with my mom. The energy was immediately off putting and heavy. I walk into a bedroom and someone had drawn sigils all over the back of a closet door and there was a huge burn spot on the carpet. I walked outside and told my mom I would never live there. The spirit in that house was trapped and very, very pissed off.

After another session on the Ouija board my friend was downstairs trying to fall asleep when he heard someone whisper hello in his ear and then run up the stairs followed by a loud crash in my room. It woke me up enough to wtf at the noise before rolling over and going back to sleep. The next morning I get up to see one of my boxes had fallen out of my closet with all of its contents spilled out. The sad thing about this is this spirit followed him around after this, attaching itself to him. I got to watch him go through a lot of mental instability for years that might have something to do with it. I will not use a Ouija board agian because of this. I really wish it didn't take me So long to think the spirit might have played a part in his troubles since we no longer talk to each other and can't help him.

At another friends house trying to fall asleep but I kept sensing someone watching me from the closet. I could not take my eyes off the closet until I finally just passed out into an uneasy sleep. I get up in next morning and tell my friend that she had something living in her brothers closet. She was like, "well at least he was being quiet, he likes to bang on the water heater all night sometimes, and loves to freak out guests." She said he liked to run in and out of the house before going into her brothers room and loudly knocking stuff out of his closet.

My childhood home was surrounded by woods and no one liked going outside at night. I lived in the Tippecanoe Valley area of Indiana, and everywhere seemed haunted. I mean just my property could be very off putting and scary, and when my friend moved to another wooded area close by hers was even worse. Well a couple of years ago I read that the whole area of Tippy Valley had been cursed by an Indian chief after they had been forced to give up their land. All the haunted places made sense then.

Most of these stories involve the same friend. She could see spirits and so many things used to happen to her, more so then me. I used to be jealous of her, but I'm glad that my gift was only feeling and sensing. But she was so awesome at it and hardly ever got freaked out about it, her stories were the best and I really enjoyed hearing about them.

kindred
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

doom_star898 wrote:A lot of my stories aren't that scary. I can't see spirits, but I've always been sensitive to their energy, so I've had times where I've known a spirit was around and I've been uncomfortable. Besides the story I told before here are a few small instances were I've been uncomfortable.

While on a Ouija board a clock flew off a shelf. It was plugged in behind my head board, so it shouldn't have done that.

A spirit would use a picture of a wolf to spy on me. Its why I still only hang landscapes, or nothing at all. I know now they don't need the picture to spy, but this one used this particular pic as an anchor. Was unnerving.

My friends houses were always haunted. At one the spirit there was a huge prankster. Slamming doors, a mirror on her vanity table flipped backwards, the same picture would follow me around appearing in spots I had been standing, a black mass in the reflection off a window, etc...

I walked into an abandoned house when I was house hunting with my mom. The energy was immediately off putting and heavy. I walk into a bedroom and someone had drawn sigils all over the back of a closet door and there was a huge burn spot on the carpet. I walked outside and told my mom I would never live there. The spirit in that house was trapped and very, very pissed off.

After another session on the Ouija board my friend was downstairs trying to fall asleep when he heard someone whisper hello in his ear and then run up the stairs followed by a loud crash in my room. It woke me up enough to wtf at the noise before rolling over and going back to sleep. The next morning I get up to see one of my boxes had fallen out of my closet with all of its contents spilled out. The sad thing about this is this spirit followed him around after this, attaching itself to him. I got to watch him go through a lot of mental instability for years that might have something to do with it. I will not use a Ouija board agian because of this. I really wish it didn't take me So long to think the spirit might have played a part in his troubles since we no longer talk to each other and can't help him.

At another friends house trying to fall asleep but I kept sensing someone watching me from the closet. I could not take my eyes off the closet until I finally just passed out into an uneasy sleep. I get up in next morning and tell my friend that she had something living in her brothers closet. She was like, "well at least he was being quiet, he likes to bang on the water heater all night sometimes, and loves to freak out guests." She said he liked to run in and out of the house before going into her brothers room and loudly knocking stuff out of his closet.

My childhood home was surrounded by woods and no one liked going outside at night. I lived in the Tippecanoe Valley area of Indiana, and everywhere seemed haunted. I mean just my property could be very off putting and scary, and when my friend moved to another wooded area close by hers was even worse. Well a couple of years ago I read that the whole area of Tippy Valley had been cursed by an Indian chief after they had been forced to give up their land. All the haunted places made sense then.

Most of these stories involve the same friend. She could see spirits and so many things used to happen to her, more so then me. I used to be jealous of her, but I'm glad that my gift was only feeling and sensing. But she was so awesome at it and hardly ever got freaked out about it, her stories were the best and I really enjoyed hearing about them.
great stories! it would be nice to hear some of your friends stories!

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

My friend has a weird family heritage, actually more sad then anything. All the women in her family were psychic to some degree and tragedy seemed to follow most of them. Her grandma could predict death, her mother was a crazy good tarot reader, and she could see spirits.

Anyways a here are some stories:

Her mother and stepdad used to buy houses to renovate and one of them was haunted by a lady who just did not fit so we're not sure how she wound up there. The town was older with tons of Victorian era houses, but this house was not that old. She was dressed in a Victorian style and had a very sad feel to her. She loved playing with the radio and would break stuff if they tried messing (fixing) with something she wanted left alone. My friend would catch her roaming the house often.

Her father also moved around a lot, and he bought this really really old house in St. Augustine FL. Cool thing about old houses there are that most of these places have fenced in widow peaks on their roof. This house was home to a lady ghost who had lost her husband during the civil war. One night my friend was trying to sleep when she seen her manifest. She laid there for awhile staring at her before the lady turned and floated off. This happened for several nights before my friend got up and followed her into the kitchen. The lady pointed to a place on the wall and then disappeared. This happened several times until she came home. Now I have this thing were I get random bits of information on situations, and after I accurately described her house I began spitting out info on the lady ghost. She had committed suicide soon after she realized her husband wasn't coming home, before that she had stashed a journal and a locket inside a desk that used to sit in the spot she was showing my friend. She was wondering where it was.

The woods I was talking about last post had a trailer off the main house that my friend lived in. Now the house wasn't haunted but there was a lot of activity. She never saw who it was but she would hear a woman screaming and crying almost every night. One night I was on the phone with her and I even heard it, it was loud. You could also hear what sounded like a regiment marching through the pasture and sometimes you could see campfires flicker briefly in the woods.

Her grandmas house was backed up against a cornfield, and they had a crazy amount of cats. Her grandma kept talking about this thing that she would see come out of the tall corn at night to roam about with the cats. Of course this was dismissed, because from what it sounded like this thing looked like a highly deformed kangaroo missing its tail. Well one night my friend was outside walking her gmas dog when it stepped out of the cornfield. Everyone froze, and the normally yappy dog curled up behind her whimpering. They stayed staring at each other for several long seconds until her brother came slamming out the door wondering what was taking so long. It slipped back into the woods and was never seen again. She said this thing had bright yellow eyes that seemed to be highly reflective. We have no idea what it was, and the whole thing seemed fake, but she was not a liar and neither was her grandma.

Last one because goodness is this long. Right after she had her second child she moved into a two hundred year old house with a group of friends. She started seeing a women dressed in black rags almost immediately. This was not the only one there, but the one she saw the most. The first time she saw her she was reading in bed when she caught the womens reflection in the window as she floated past and disappeared into her kids room. She got up and checked on the kids, who were fine, so she shrugged it off and went back to bed. A couple nights later she heard her daughter talking to someone and when she went in there her daughter was talking to the corner. Crazy stuff just kept happening, and some of it was pretty bad. I went in there with her to grab some stuff after she moved out and it was creepy as heck. She thought there was a least three different spirits there, but those were only the ones she actually saw.

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Oh and apart from all that, there are also all the times we went to known haunted areas and she saw things and I felt them. Those stories are just from activity that happened around us! Our life was pretty crazy now that I think about it. And after I moved away from there it settled down and now nothing like that happens at all. I still feel spirits, but nothing as crazy as when I lived there.

User470
active contributor
active contributor

doom_star898 wrote:
Her grandmas house was backed up against a cornfield, and they had a crazy amount of cats. Her grandma kept talking about this thing that she would see come out of the tall corn at night to roam about with the cats. Of course this was dismissed, because from what it sounded like this thing looked like a highly deformed kangaroo missing its tail. Well one night my friend was outside walking her gmas dog when it stepped out of the cornfield. Everyone froze, and the normally yappy dog curled up behind her whimpering. They stayed staring at each other for several long seconds until her brother came slamming out the door wondering what was taking so long. It slipped back into the woods and was never seen again. She said this thing had bright yellow eyes that seemed to be highly reflective. We have no idea what it was, and the whole thing seemed fake, but she was not a liar and neither was her grandma.
OMG!!! 2sc 2sc 2sc

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”