What has been your scariest paranormal experience?

titch2k6
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

So, this is an event witnessed by quite a few people. Why do I share it here now? Just as an example of how things can go 'south' and why you should not be playing around with spirit boards, especially if you do not know what you are doing. This is the event that made me walk away from spirit boards forever.

I use to be a Wicca taught Spirit Board medium and did this for 8 years. In October of 2007, I was invited to conduct a session for a group of friends as part of their Halloween festivities in the Spalding area, Lincolnshire. Having conducted a number of sessions for them in the past, I agreed to attend and conduct a session, at their request, at 03:00. I produced a 'hellgate' board (please don't ask if you don't know - I will not tell you.....) in oak for the event, again, something I had done before and used to get some really good responses with.

The event started off normally with the lighting of the candles, sealing of the glass and a protection ritual. There was six of us, myself included, around the board and 8 spectators, including my scriber who was responsible for recording all of the board activity for review at a later time. We had a 'resident' presence ('our Fred') come through and spent a bit of time with us, much to the enjoyment of the group, before we said goodbye to him and let him move on. Things then went really quiet for a bit before we started to get another response.

From the outstart, something just did not feel right with this presence. Can't explain it - there was just this 'feeling' deep inside me. We had a lot of glass movement, but at the same time, it was very sporadic. It would give us no information and refused to follow our instructions, such as to returning to the centre of the board. Nothing abnormal there - 'Jokers' and 'Clowns' do this all the time initially. However, the force on the glass was also slowly getting more forceful the longer we tried to make actual interaction with the entity. As we progressed, the entity seemed to be getting more confident with itself and the glass movement started to become even stronger and it was spending more time trying to head to my line of limitation, located in front of the 'hellgate', with the group having to physically stop the glass on more than one occasion. All of this time though, not a single thing had been 'said' through the board and we, at this point, still had no idea who, or what, we were dealing with.

After a few minutes of this, the glass finally started spelling out things, but at the time, it just appeared to be gibberish to us. It was my scriber that actually realised that we were getting messages through. The reason we could not understand what was being said was that everything was being given to us in reverse.......

Now, this is where I should have stopped the session there and then, potentially facing a negative entity, and closed the board. Instead, I let intrigue get the better of me and allowed the session to continue. Something I regretted for many years after the event.

We continued to get responses in reverse, normal phrases (mostly threatening those on the board) and then we started receiving responses in, what we found out after the event through research, Latin. In my whole spirit board 'career', I had never received anything in Latin during any previous events. I had heard about it happening (and apparently, it was never a good sign), but never experienced it. The one phrase we got upon review that I will never forget was 'angelus reprobi', which translated means 'fallen angel'. During all of this time, we never received a name for the entity and the glass got that strong in its movements at one point, the six of us on the board were struggling to keep up with it.......

The session came to a finale, with people now starting to panic a little, with the glass making a direct line for 'hellgate' on the board. We quickly applied all the pressure we could to stop the glass and I found myself shouting for the entity to return to the centre of the board. The glass started moving a lot slower than it had all evening (I remember thinking that maybe it had used most of its energy by now) and positioned itself at the centre.

Then the glass imploded.

Now understand this - this thing did not shatter outwards or crack and come apart - this thing went IN on itself.

This, honestly, was the first time I actually felt true fear. After being taken back for a few moments, and after gathering my thoughts, I conducted an impromptu cleansing ritual and we appropriately disposed of the board. Myself and a couple of others experienced very disturbing nightmares following the event over the next few nights, and even more eerily, they all were very similar in nature (tall figure with red eyes taunting us from within shadows, faceless people being horrifically tortured and the death of loved ones - all very graphic in nature). My marriage with my very loving wife also broke down shortly after, as well as a run of other bad luck that seemed to follow me for a period of time after. I vowed following this event that I would never have anything to do with spirit boards again and have not touched one since despite numerous requests over the years from people I had previously met through holding sessions for them. Instead, I went down the path of being an investigator, which is fine by me and been happily doing for many years now.

I still have contact with some of the people, and who are still close friends, that were there during that morning and witnessed the events that unfolded. We recollect the night in conversation occasionally and laugh about it now, but there still exists a feeling of just how lucky we were to get off as lightly as we did.

As a final twist to this story, I am a member of a number of paranormal forums spread across the internet. I met another Wicca taught spirit board user in one of these who had a frighteningly similar experience that also made her walk away from them forever. She has been, and still is, a very active advocate in teaching people how dangerous these 'toys' can actually be.

badgyal
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Aw man I have too many stories to tell..

I’ve gotten spiritual attacks by entities numerous times.
In the first dream there was this creepy white man with a very wide grin, looked sorta like a sketchy salesman and he was asking if I wanted to buy something. I said no, go away. Then he shapeshifted into its original entity form, with the same wide creepy grip and was asking me over and over to take his hand if I wanted to meet my spirit guides. I started yelling for him to leave, then he vanished.
Another time there was an entity (I won’t be surprised if it was the same one, because it too had a wide creepy grin) and in my dream we were face to face. It felt like he was pulling my spirit out of my body. I had to literally fight through sleep paralysis to pull my self back in.

On the bright side, I felt confident in myself fighting them off in my dreams lol. No matter how powerful they may feel, or how intimidating they look.

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

Wasn't exactly scary, but we were scratching our heads. This happened about 15 years ago . My roommate and I decided to go for our usual walk late at night in a safe neighborhood. Our walks were always between 10pm and 1 am.
We decided to take a slightly different route, crossing the street to walk past a school. As we were crossing, a woman with hunched shoulders, wearing what looked like 10 thick brown trench coats, hooded.. Appeared in front of us in the middle of the cross walk. She put a hand on my arm , and in that moment I tried to get a better look at her face. She looked incredibly old and kinda creepy looking. She said "don't go that way. Unless you want to die."
She began to shuffle away. I looked at my friend.. (Beginning to suspect that maybe the lady was nuts,) then back at the woman, but she was gone, not even across the street or anywhere to be found. She had completely disappeared only seconds after speaking to us
. My roommate and I ran all the way back home with goose bumps all over.
The next morning my neighbor Susan (she knows everything that happens in the neighborhood) came to greet us, telling us about a shooting that happened that night at the school parking lot. She was worried for our safety because she knew we walked every night.
Even though it was a tad creepy, I was incredibly grateful. I'll never forget the way she felt.

🦇♦️🦇
rapidful
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 53
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Laughing

Bunch of arms showing up in a black hole on my toilet's door when I was just, just, just awaked.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I must admit that I do not get as frightened as before anymore. My nervous system somehow got used to "alien" energies, lower energies and I must say higher energies can be frightening too. But in the past, I had many experiences that in that moment were very scary. Especially some of my OBEs were terrifying.

cursedcore
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Spider
Zodiac:

This is my most recent one.
I was laying in bed and I heard the screaming, growing up with my Irish family I recognised it as a banshee. It was almost innate and known immediately particularly when the panic muddled with fear set in. That alone was terrifying enough but everything really sunk in when my uncle died a month later.

They/them
Scorpio

Spirits
A tiny, tiny village

~Primarily works with deities from a fictional pantheon~
sweetchiliyeet
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

The scariest was when I lived in an old farmhouse in my teens. We were probably about a 15 minute car ride from the nearest village, and even further from any kind of emergency services. Very isolated, which made a lot of these experiences all the more terrifying.

While we lived there, a whole multitude of things would happen. I slept on a mattress on the floor in my moms room because the day we moved in, when I walked into my room, it felt like something was grabbing my heart and stomach and squeezing. I wouldn't even go in that room to get the few of my things that had already been brought in, they just stayed in there until we moved. We had a break-in later on and a police officer described the same feeling after being in that room.

My sibling was in the room next to that one, and at night if they were making any noise, they would hear banging on the other side of their wall coming from that room.

I only went down to the basement once, but my sibling went down almost every day in the winter to put wood in the heater. After we moved out we told each other about seeing young girls down there, and then my mom confirmed that she had too.

At night, often times it would look like a man was standing on the other side of our glass front door. Sometimes he would knock to be let in. I would just try to stay as still as possible and hope that he would go away. I know my stepdad opened the door a few times though, before he left.

If I was up into the very early hours of the morning (around 4-5 AM), I would "see" in my visions, a woman with long black hair and a white night gown, floating around the house. Her hair was always wet, and she felt very sad, like something horrible happened that devastated her. I knew not to go out into the house when I would "see" her, it just felt wrong. Sometimes I could feel her watching me sleep if my mom left the bedroom door open. It never felt like she wanted to hurt me, but her emotional pain was just so overwhelming that I couldn't sleep.

There was also a turkey barn at the end of the driveway. We would bike up and down the driveway, in the middle of the day. A couple times when I was alone, when I got too close to the turkey barn, I would see a face in the window. A pale white face with no eyes. It looked almost like a mask, but it couldn't have been a mask because nobody went in there and it appeared at the most random times with different expressions. We all avoided the turkey barn because it was creepy. I stopped riding my bike up and down the driveway. After we moved out, my sibling told the same story, and I know I had never mentioned it to anyone or written it down anywhere.

The scariest for me personally, was the day we moved out. We were just moving the last of our stuff out when the house absolutely swarmed with bees. A huge angry swarm of bees came through a hole in the kitchen wall. I'm deathly allergic to bees, so my mom had to run upstairs, get my sibling and I, and we had to rush out of the back door. We're lucky I didn't get stung because they were already starting to go into the rest of the house while we were making our escape. This maybe doesn't sound paranormal, but to us it felt like whoever was there was angry that we were leaving.

After we moved out, my family had been told by a few people that no one from our reservation moves in there for a reason. Apparently a long time ago, when the elders were kids, young girls would go missing from a park (I also have a scary experience in that park, but I digress). I'm not sure about all the details, but people suspect that the house I lived in is where they were disappearing to. I still don't know how much I believe that I lived in a murder house, but I guess it would explain the girls in the basement.

It wasn't all bad though, I wrote a lot of poetry and lyrics while channeling deities, I wish I could find my notebook that I wrote it all in. My heart still breaks for the woman that would float around, I hope she is able to pass on to something better someday.

ensa
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

I have had a lot of paranormal experiences like entities manifesting themselves outside of my house and anyone can actually see them when they pass by. Another is when pretended to be my cousin and stayed by the balcony, so when a friend asked my cousin that they saw her. My cousin told them "I wasn't home at that time."

However, my scariest paranormal experience did not come from spirits and entities. It came from a person, who presents themselves to be a "healer" and wished to manipulate me through attaching a cord, when I received a reading from them. My companion L stepped in to defend me from this person. He deflected back whatever bad energies this person tried to send me. Hahaha! I really told L, "my hero~!!" :) I learned to be more wary of people who aren't what they seem. It is really best to ask around next time like here in CH ;)

Osean
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

I’ve had quite a few in my day such as seeing entities and spirits but the one that stands out the most is the one where I was attacked by a so called friend. It started with horrific nightmares and huge energy drains and culminated to the point that the walls and ceiling of my apartment would drip blood. I got to the point I was ready to check myself into a mental health center.
I was very young and didn’t realize I was being attacked until someone he had done this to before me had telepathically clued me in and gave me the tools to fight back. I ended up turning the tables on him and he learned a valuable lesson from it. It also taught me the importance of protecting myself.

kittymoo
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0

A disembodied torso appearing slowly in a window. I met a ghost cyclist not long before this experience, and actually took his outstretched hand. This seemed to open up a door, and I saw the world teeming with spirits for a number of hours afterwards. Most seemed pretty harmless, but the torso was terrifying. Actually, the whole experience was, but the torso in particular. I don't think I've ever been quite so afraid in my life.

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”