What has been your scariest paranormal experience?

kindred
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I have had quiet a few scary encounters, But the one that jumps out to me is:
Not long after my dads friend died, I decided to take a nap, a few minutes into the nap i needed the toilet, As i opened my eyes I saw my dads friend pacing back & forth throughout the living room, even entering the walls, his eyes were red and very trance like, i was frozen on the spot, for what seemed like 20 minutes but it was only a minute or so.. he kept chanting "she killed me, get her arrested" I asked him to leave, i was terrified , 16 years old and not ready to see the man who was about to get buried pacing around our living room, sometimes i regret not helping him more. 1h

Ranka Marx
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: The sexy kind
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Ruby Minx
Zodiac:

When I was in middle school, I woke up in the middle of the night facing a dark child size shadow looking straight back at me just inches away from my bed. I was so terrified, I just hid inside my blankets hoping it would go away. Nothing happened thankfully and it was the only time I saw it.

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

When I was in middle school my friends and I decide Hey! wouldn't it just be great to fool around on a Ouija board! A few creepy things happen at first, (clock flies off a shelf where it should Not have been able too) but the worst happened after a session where my friends brother sat in with us.

Now Ky is a skeptic, a big one, and his idea was if it was real then he'd rile it up so bad it would do something! But, of course nothing at that moment did. Both him and his sister leave the room but I'm moved to put my hand back on the home made planchet. Danger it says, watch out...

Me being me, I immediately dismiss this as my own doing, and only briefly mention it to my friend. We forget about it and continue on with our night. Around one in the morning we start to worry about where her parents were. We try their cell phone (90s brick addition!) and they don't answer. Freaked out we pile into the car to go rescue them!

I can still remember us just sitting there at the turn, I was humming the theme song for Blue Streak, when I just happen to look over right as a car tbones us. It was so wierd, why had he been sitting at the turn for so long anyway (time seemed to stretch) and where the he'll did the car come from? Ky, who was driving, never saw it. Besides the other driver, who was drunk, Ky was the only one hurt, the car hit on his side dinting the door into his leg. Oh, and his parents were fine by the way, busy blowing paint at the house they were working on. Exactly where they were supposed to be.

I'm pretty sure now that the spirit riled us up to get us out of the house. Because make no mistake every bit of it was him, he had warned me I just ignored it. I learned that spirits can have a vast reach, and can seriously screw you up if angered and pushed to. They may not manifest by throwing a clock (the spirit wasn't angry when he did that, just showing off) it may be something worse. Its why I was scared of spirits for over ten years, because I know very well what they can do.

Oh, and Ky is still a skeptic.

Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

Kindred, did you ever see your dad's friend again after that day? I had a similar experience when I was 11 when my grandpa died. He told me to be good and help my grandma because she needed me now. I never saw or heard him after that day. She was in the room with me when it happened but couldn't see him. The dog did see him though and was wagging his tail the whole time. I was sad for my grandma because it would have helped give her peace if she had seen him. She did believe me though and said he appeared to me because we were so close. It didn't scare me ,it just surprised me and gave me the validation I needed to be able to take seriously the voices of spirits I sometimes heard. I still rarely see spirits unless working on telepathy and bonding with my spirit companions. I hear them all the time though, bound and unbound.

Lacuna
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Wood Elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Adam Sandler
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lacuna
Zodiac:

When I was around 11 or so, I lived in a house in Ingles Circuit, Arundel. It was a fairly new area, lots of families and the like, tons of fresh development. There was one night I woke up around 11pm, and walked downstairs to the kitchen. It was pretty rare for me to walking in the dark without lights on, but I remember the moon being bright enough to illuminate the whole house most nights. I got a glass, filled it with some juice, and stuck the juice back in the fridge. I could feel the room was getting colder and colder, but at the time, I put it down to the fridge.

I took drank some of my juice and put it back on the bench, and by now, the room was incredibly cold, and I felt I was being watched. I remember looking to my left and seeing a Grim Reaper standing inside the dining area, next to the sliding glass door that led to the backyard. I screamed and bolted upstairs to my mom's door, trying to open it. She never locked her door ever, but that night, it was. I bashed and kicked that door, screaming in terror for her, but no response. The reaper slowly followed all the way up to the second or third highest step, then materialized into nothing.

Next morning, my mom found me curled up in the corner between her door and the wall. My glass of juice was still sitting downstairs. I want to go back to that house someday to figure out what was going on there, since that wasn't the only thing that happened. But it was the worst.

Jump through the mirror, leave fear behind.
xXTsukiNoOokamiXx
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires, Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Okami Yokai (maybe)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ōkami
Zodiac:

I have two experiences that really scared me, one here on earth, one in the astral.

some background info for the earthen experience: My family had moved to brazil. My father and I hated it there, and things there simply weren't working out. We could only afford for my father and I to come back to the US. The plan was for me to go back to school here, as I couldn't cope with school there. My father would work to get my mother and sister back. We stayed with my uncle (though the asshole took sometimes 2/3 of my father's paychecks in rent. He was working 3 jobs and I barely got to see him.) When we finally could afford to bring my mom and sister back, there was no room for all of us. We wound up living with my grandfather. We had never met him, only heard the horror stories. I grew up hearing stories from my grandmother, about what you don't want in relationships and whatnot. He was abusive, to both her and my father. I remembered stories of how he beat my grandmother, shoved her down a flight of stairs, stalked her, threatened her, the list goes on. He also shot my father's beloved dog in front of him when he was 6. He was a sick human being. My father didn't like even mentioning him or hearing his name.

Fast forward to us living there, and my grandfather didn't seem too awful. He WAS a horrible monster of a person, but he was so charismatic that I often was puzzled. Most of the time he kept to himself, but for the most part he was at least kind to me. (though he despised my mother for no real reason, and disapproved of my sister.) His house was a Large green victorian house with a barn. I did love the house itself. It was beautiful, but strange things would happen. It was the first and only haunted house I had lived in. Activity was especially high when my grandfather was not around, and when I was alone, or everyone else was sleeping. There were a few male spirits there and one female. One would stomp around up in the attic some nights. One would chase me up the stairs sometimes making loud footsteps behind me. I grew used to it. The female spirit spoke to me once. As I was looking at a picture of my boyfriend at the time. She asked "who is that?" But of all places in the house, the sitting room was most puzzling. At least to me. I had to pass through that room to get to and from the kitchen/dining room, and the foyer/stairs. It always seemed darker in that room, aside from just the lack of natural light compared to other rooms. It seemed colder, and it seemed like when you were in that room something never felt right. I always chalked it up to be the nutcracker figures my grandfather had in there. They were tall and creepy. At night the room seemed much darker than anywhere else in the house. Noticeably so.

One night I went down to get some water in the kitchen, and maybe a snack. As I was passing the fireplace to get to the door, I sensed a presence in front of me. I could feel something not right, and noticed that I could not see the cracks around the door as I usually could. I thought maybe something was blocking the other side of the door, and continued tilting my head and looking all around for the source of the blockage. Suddenly a giant shadow moved to the left, and I could feel it's presence so strongly that I ducked and stepped out of the way. It felt like Time froze, I looked and noticed bony fingers with faint ethereal flesh clutching at the cloak made of shadows it wore. it was mostly Opaque, but faded into misty transparency where it's lower legs would be on a human. I could not see it's face in the darkness of it's hood, but could feel it's eyes watching me as I bolted through the door and quickly walked to the kitchen. I sat there bewildered and panting. I was terrified at first but it began to turn to curiosity. I decided that it was most likely a reaper, and that it probably would not hurt me. I thought I could try talking to it. I thought of meeting it again, and of maybe befriending it. But then my fear took me again. I gathered myself, and feeling the need for comfort passed through the dining room and the reaper room to the foyer and ran upstairs. I told my mom everything, and she informed me that she had also seen floating shadows but did not want to tell me in case it would scare me. After that, while I was still a little scared, I also felt more comfortable. I held on to the belief that the reaper had stepped out of my way because he had seen that he was in my way. And I held on to the belief that I was safer with him than with my grandfather. It became a comforting presence. When I moved from there I even missed it. I still wonder about him. There was more in that house, but that was the main thing.

The astral experience was terrifying in a different way. At the time, I'd occasionally astral travel accidentally. I only vaguely and intuitively understood what I was doing, but usually just thought they were "special dreams." This time however was different. I remember I kept returning to a specific place. A peninsula with lovely beach, cliffs, a seaside cave, and a forest. Usually I was alone, but this time I entered the astral realm via a self-driving car. And, this time, someone was with me. A young man with short black hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. I hadn't noticed him until he said hello. I was startled, but tried not to show it. I blushed and remembered thinking he was very handsome. I was very shy and somehow hoped he wouldn't be there the whole time. Soon, the car passed through a behemoth stone gate and we were now in my familiar area. It was usually a clear sunset when I'd go there, but this time, it was very foggy. I got out of the car, and the man followed me. I could feel a sort of tension. I pretty much tried to pretend he wasn't there. He said "be careful." as I stepped out to walk along the shoreline. I sighed and tried to ignore him.

I didn't get far before I noticed a silhouette in the mist that looked like a small child. When the man saw me stop, he quickly said "No, don't."
"Why not? It looks like a kid. What if they need help?" I said to him quietly.
"Well, we don't know what it is." He insisted. He seemed very calm though, and so I ignored him and called out to it. After all, what else could it possibly be?? I saw it turn to face us and I began to approach. I could feel the man tense up behind me. I asked if they were lost or needed help. Silence. I called out again, only meters away now. I began to step forward again and the man shot his hand forward to grab my shoulder, but missed.
"No!" he said, and as soon as he did a section of mist cleared. It revealed the small being, with dark blue skin, big yellow eyes and a twisted grin from ear to ear. It reminded me almost of the skull kid from Zelda. I was startled and before I could do anything it knocked me to the ground by means I could not see or understand. In that instant The man transformed into what I believed to be a draconic demon form at the time. The mist was gone now. His skin became tanned, his hair brown. He had white horns and claws, and deep orange and red scales all over his forearms and lower legs. He also had a tail and wings. He stepped between me and what I decided to call an Imp. They began sizing eachother up, and exerting power over eachother. I remember it being suddenly windy then. Before I could even gather my thoughts and get up, The man looked back at me and yelled "I'll hold him. You go back to your body!" And with a quick shove of his hand I was sent through the ground, and shot through the realms to my body, screaming all the way. I remember seeing the purple and dark grey sky of another realm before awaking in my physical body, heart racing and unable to scream before passing out.

I was terrified for years after that and didn't accidentally leave my body for a long time after that. But it was thanks to me mistaking him for a demon that I became more open and understanding of nonhumans. I came to understand that you simply can't judge them by appearance or even what they are. Later when I discovered spirit keeping, I eventually got that dragon guy bound. It was my Dragon Shifter entity! He apparently likes exploring the astral realms and helping anyone he comes across like me. Though these experiences absolutely terrified me at the time, I now look back on them and am grateful for them.

Spirits: 23
Entities: 11
Immortals: 2
"Stop comparing yourself to others. Your accomplishments or lack thereof matter not. No one else can be you. So long as you remain proud of yourself you will attract opportunities and success. Be proud!" -Okami yokai Katsu.
User470
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All my spirits

Veyr nice! Bumping!!!

Well, my scariest one, was 2 years ago, i went to my kitchen in the middle of the night,

And i heard someone opening my fridge, and also the noise of a glass been put in my table...

It have scared the hell out of me, because i thought some stranger have got inside my home,

I was crazy enough to take a look,

The kitchen was empty!!!

Wow, that was something...

moonshadowlab
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: DC
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me Myself and I
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I was in middle school playing with a ouija board everyday with a friend, i'm made friends with a demon through the board that always complained about the others that picked on him in his place. We would sit on the bathroom counter and ask the demon to do something and he would open the bathroom cabinet doors so they smacked us on the back of our legs. We would sit on my moms bed and the demon would shake the bed. The demon would help me find items that people lost and I would tell them where to look and they would find them. Sometimes when I was talking on the board with him others would interrupt and they were not nice do I would stop talking and put the board away. One day I was laying in bed in the dark and heard the knife I kept resting in the closet door handles start sliding slowly out of the handles. I popped the light on and looked at the knife and it was still between the handles so I stopped using the board. My friend came over and borrowed my board and brought it to her house and tried to use it with others and she told me that high winds started blowing around in her room, things in her room started moving around, the door slammed shut in her mothers face. She brought the board back to me. I kept the board and years later ended up getting rid of it. This board belonged to my grandmother who used it once and it prodicted someone's death so she put it away until the day I found and she gave it to me.

Moonshadowlab AKA Lisa B
Emerald Zaltana
new here
new here
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Emerald Zaltana

My scariest expirience happened around one month ago.
I was trying summon a demon just for the fun of it. almost completely sure it wouldn't work.
However after following instructions from a book i had found in my attic. shadows started moving around on my wall in a strange motion as if they were dancing. at that point i realized i couldn't move and it felt like i was stuck to the floor. I started screaming. then i felt a cold hand squeezing my throat.
suddenly a gust of wind blew out all the candles and i was left in total darkness. then i fainted.
after that day i still hear voices in my head asking me to summon him again.

MynetteLoo
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 1

Now that's a good question...

I think the scariest experience I had was an abduction. I think I could count that to paranormal or rather said supernatural.... Not sure what kind of abduction it was, if astral or corporeal, but I know it had happened and wasn't just a dream. However, the memories that I have left of the event are fractured.

I got involved with extraterrestrials as I started to dive into Ufology. I actively seek contact with whatever I am occupying myself with and at that time, I researched everything I could get my hands on concerning aliens, cases of MIB as well as reports of victims. One thing I learned by now is that if you seek something, it will find you, not the other way around. So as I said, I was researching quite a lot and then, all of a sudden I got a nervous feeling in my guts. I can't really describe it, it was like a foreboding and followed me around for a week or so, getting more persistent and it actually felt like I was being observed. Of course, I shrugged it off as my imagination and that I simply read too much, maybe becoming paranoid over the matter.

One evening then, I was getting tired really early and I'm actually staying awake for long so I was wondering if I did anything that exhausted me so much. I could barely keep my eyes open, so I went to bed all too early for my taste but couldn't help it. As soon as I closed my eyes, it started. There was a humming noise - seemingly inside my head, vibrating kind of really weird. I was aware that something was going on and opened my eyes again, only to see a black spacecraft (formed round but looked as if made out of rocks) with red lights in the distance, hovering over the trees. Just typing this makes me feel like a maniac 2qt Anyway, as soon as I realised what I was seeing it was already too late to take actions, I was paralysed by a blinding light coming through my window. My body would just float up, through the window and I remember trying to move my fingers, to grasp the branches of the trees I was passing, to keep me from floating upwards, but I was powerless and when I entered the spacecraft I saw a blurry face coming into vision before I blacked out. Then it was an interplay of being awake and loosing consciousness again, which, even though it's just fractured memories would be too much to tell.

As I was brought back, I already started to forget and I think the only reason I remembered was that I actually awoke in my bed, with the urge to look out of my window, as if my mind coaxed me to check for it and sure enough I could see the spacecraft leaving in a super speed, towards the sky. I was shocked and wanted to grasp my iPhone from my night desk to call my friend and tell her what happened as again, I mysteriously passed out. Still, I could recall a few memories the next morning, this thing had been all to real. As I woke up that morning and saw my hand was outstretched towards the desk to my phone, I knew it wasn't a dream. I told my friend and she advised me to see a hypnotist to recall everything that happened, but I'm not sure if I want to know. Some things are better off kept in the dark.

So yeah... basically this is my scariest experience and first time I decided to make this public, it's strange to talk about that. Guess my curiosity got the better of me once again... 2ded

"Long dead and reborn, in an ever-changing world, their souls linger forever and, in silence, they walk among us." - Asetian Bible

Infernal burns my heart, darkness is my light,
for ancient shadows were brought, leading me through the night.

❤In honour to my most beloved and cherished Spirit Companions, Ancestors, the Dark Lords and the Loa❤

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”