korrin85
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
My super power would be...: Super speed

Okay, so I have some really bad intrusive thoughts at times. I never really delved deep into it, but now they are kind of interfering with trying to communicate with my spirits.

Like I'd be trying to talk to my spirits, and then some intrusive thoughts happen, and I spend most my time just apologizing to my poor spirits. I don't want to disrespect them, don't want to hurt their feelings, but sometimes a random intrusive thought will appear and it feels like I've ruined a moment. I'm trying to meditate more to control random thoughts, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issues and what has worked for them?

~LavenderRose~
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 26
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi there Korrin85! :)

I'm so glad someone brought this up, because your not alone, and I've actually struggled with this myself.

When I first became a spirit keeper, I had some friends who were more experienced than me, and they showed me the ropes. However, when they told me that spirits could read my thoughts, it started to make me anxious.

I'm somewhat of a nervous person, and after I was told this, I started to worry about what I was thinking. And sometimes, because I would become anxious, my thoughts would turn negative. Almost like, my mind would think of terrible things I wouldn't WANT to think, and then because of my nerves...it would slip out! I would feel horrible and a little embarrassed, and I totally understand about "ruining the moment"....because this has happened to me before.

So honey, your not alone, and if your more anxious like me....it can happen sometimes. When I first started I was JUST like you. For awhile, it felt like I apologized all the time, because I was afraid of offending them. I loved them, and I didn't want to do anything that would upset them.

I've learned a few things throughout the years, and it might not be much, but I hope it helps. :) For starters, I would talk to your spirit-family about how you feel. Tell them whats going on, and let them know your not trying to offend them. Especially if your more nervous like me, and it slips out occasionally, I would explain to them whats going on. Spirits are VERY patient, and will understand if you explain the situation. I've tried controlling my thoughts as well, and I found that it's best to just relax and let things flow. You might be different from me, but trying to control my thoughts just made me feel exhausted and didn't really help much. Which is why meditation is a good idea, because it calms the mind and allows you to relax. So it seems like your on the right track, and I hope it helps you relax. :)

If your like me at all, you probably just need to get calm, and I want you to know it's going to be okay. Spirits really are very understanding, and as long as they know you love them, I think they'll understand. <3

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23

Even though it dosn't always work for me I've developed a habit of mentally making the thought or thoughts into a ball or something, having it roll in my head for a bit for it to gain momentum and then throwing it away from me like a sling shot.

Forcing a thought into your head to block out or drown out the intrusive thought is another thing but again it dosn't always help. Though as bad as it seems it's not something they have problems with unless you start blocking them out in the prosses.At least from my keeps point of view.

some of my girls like my alya have tried to help with it.kali has desided to dine on them from time to time when interacting with her as well though that bit is on a more personal experience and not something she does for everyone from how she put it when telling me it was a option when I need it.

Even if your intrusive thoughts may be different form mine I wouldn't worry about harming or being disrespectful to them unless they tell you themselves that's how they fell about it.I think that's all I can say on the topic.

Blessed be

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I try to reduce it to a word, and I picture writing it in the sand next to the water's edge. Then I breathe in and out with the water until it erases the writing. It never does go away until I can "let go."

Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

I have this issue as well at times. I am also a very anxious, nervous person. I have found that caffeine makes it worse and I like my coffee and tea. So, I try to do the majority of my planned Conversations either early morning or at night. I can actually communicate better when I am sleepy.I tried midafternoon yesterday and the intrusive thoughts were ridiculous so I stopped. This only poses a problem with my spirits that I hear speaking. My raiju and werewolf don't speak so I do fine with him. I don't have any issues seeing them and the intrusive thoughts only pose problems with actual conversations.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23

Gypsy wrote: I have found that caffeine makes it worse and I like my coffee and tea.
Well,that's nice to hear as someone who's main drink is soda and almost nothing elts(it explains a lot if that's the case).Though I gess that's why my girls don't mind me not interacting whith them unless I'm ether tired or it's night.Never thought that would be a cause of it.

Blessed be

~LavenderRose~
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 26

DualWanderer3 wrote:
Gypsy wrote: I have found that caffeine makes it worse and I like my coffee and tea.
Well,that's nice to hear as someone who's main drink is soda and almost nothing elts(it explains a lot if that's the case).Though I gess that's why my girls don't mind me not interacting whith them unless I'm ether tired or it's night.Never thought that would be a cause of it.

Blessed be
Sometimes when I have too much caffeine I can tell it makes my anxiety worse. I get all jittery and jumpy, and it makes me feel weird for awhile. So if I'm having a particularly anxious day, I try to avoid caffeine if I can.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

~LavenderRose~ wrote:Sometimes when I have too much caffeine I can tell it makes my anxiety worse. I get all jittery and jumpy, and it makes me feel weird for awhile. So if I'm having a particularly anxious day, I try to avoid caffeine if I can.
Oo! Oo! There's a good reason for this! https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ep/508781/

sandalwood
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels

Happens to me very often. I feel so bad and say sorry to them.

There can be miracles, When you believe..
Though hope is frail, Its hard to kill.
Who knows what miracles, You can achieve...
When you believe somehow you will, You will when you believe. :dancing:
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

I can relate to you Korrin, although while they can hear our thoughts, it's a choice, although I've told mine they can listen in on whatever, cause I trust them and want to form a honesty there.

It does lead to a side effect of being worried of my thoughts, and it's something I've struggled with for a while.

The way I deal with it, is understanding why, what caused that thought I don't appreciate. What's the root? Then, is it still a negative thought? If yes, then I work out why it came up, and how I can make sure it doesn't again. Even simply considering it for a minute and working through it sometimes makes it go away.

And they don't worry. They know I'm not a psychopath or someone with thoughts that would cause issues. Even though I myself get, often upset with myself or proverbially bang myself on the head for my own thoughts, I'm slowly learning to accept myself, or at least, not get so stressed.

Tides flow. Thoughts come, and they go. Just let them go, and make sure to encourage the thoughts that you want.

In a way, it's a good thing, as I am now paying attention to those things, and adjusting them to how I actually want to be. And same for you, if you work on it :)

That's just my thoughts though. ^_^

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.

Return to “General Questions”