Open-minded walking encyclopedias wanted for friendship

heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

In other words, geeks/nerds/anyone who functions by thinking about all the details and needs a good dose of learning new things everyday. Doesn't have to be scientifically minded, as I'm not, but must be the type to need information in detail.

Also must be open-minded and have a good ability of facing their own cognitive dissonance. I like asking lots of questions, and I like facing "negative" things and questioning them, I think it is how we all learn about ourselves, and I think it is OK to question who you and others are. People get annoyed with me about this on a frequent basis. Most people have a wall of cognitive dissonance and won't face it. I myself have this, it is obvious to me that everyone has this wall that I call it (their insecurities). I accept that I react badly at first when I face my deepest beliefs and question them, but to me it is part of the process of recognising and changing oneself, and self-improvement.

I have only met a handful of people like the above in my life, I'm hoping on here there will be others like me who seek similar companions. I browse different forums and most people to me seem disorganized in their wording and very vague. To them I appear too much and overly curious.

I wish more than anything to find people similar minded to me, who want fast results and see around things and shortcuts like me, and don't necessarily agree with a group and who value individual thinking.

Bear in mind I think there are different types of intelligence, and the type I'm looking for is someone who is overly curious about everything. Wants to explore everything. Needs to explore something fully before dismissing it, or because someone or something (like a book) in a higher social heirarchy says so.

I'm a lady, nearly 30, and I live in England. I welcome the above from around the world, at least 18 years old. Thank you for reading.

SnowyAshes
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Still searching!
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I myself am 16, and thus I fear too young for what you're looking for by two years, however, I do have an appreciation that way of thinking. I suggest if you are searching for like-minded people, for this purpose, try more popular forums and websites. Quotev and Chicken Smoothie, for example, though they are for other purposes, have plenty of corners where one can simply connect and reflect with others of many different backgrounds.
Kind regards,
Snowy

P.S. It's nice to see another Englishwoman, most people I know here are from America.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXX╔══════════════════════════╗XXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXX──────── ──────── ────────XXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXINFJ ~ Cryptid ~ AsexualXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXX──────── ──────── ────────XXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXX╚══════════════════════════╝XXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Starryone
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fairy
My magical/paranormal name...: Dawn

Hello, there.
You actually sound a lot like me. Have you heard of Meyers-Briggs personality typing? I wonder what your type is. I'm an INFJ. I'm always looking for others like me as I seem to be so different in my thinking and intetests from most people.

I have been called a nerd on occasion. I can't understand why being focused and passionate could possibly be considered a negative thing. To each his own, I suppose. I would love to chat to see what we may have in common. I have to warn you, though, I am obsessed with quantum physics! Not that I am necessarily scientific but I am completely fascinated by this field!

SnowyAshes
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Still searching!
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Dragon
Zodiac:

I am well aware of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, as my Grandmother wrote a published book on the matter. I happen to be an INFP, so we are indeed quite close in personality! Though, I try to get in touch with my shadow side too, since many people are extroverted, and I am severely introverted.

Indeed, people can respond negatively when They ask about something and I happen to know an answer to it, then respond equally negatively if there is something I do not know, as though I must know everything about everything. People are odd folk. I do have a love for Physics too, although I can't say my understanding of quantum physics is exactly great, I think it would be interesting to learn more about it from you!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXX╔══════════════════════════╗XXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXINFJ ~ Cryptid ~ AsexualXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXX╚══════════════════════════╝XXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lifeabroad
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 29
Your favorite spirit to work with: too new to say
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel or Immortal
Zodiac:

heypanda wrote:In other words, geeks/nerds/anyone who functions by thinking about all the details and needs a good dose of learning new things everyday. Doesn't have to be scientifically minded, as I'm not, but must be the type to need information in detail.

Also must be open-minded and have a good ability of facing their own cognitive dissonance. I like asking lots of questions, and I like facing "negative" things and questioning them, I think it is how we all learn about ourselves, and I think it is OK to question who you and others are. People get annoyed with me about this on a frequent basis. Most people have a wall of cognitive dissonance and won't face it. I myself have this, it is obvious to me that everyone has this wall that I call it (their insecurities). I accept that I react badly at first when I face my deepest beliefs and question them, but to me it is part of the process of recognising and changing oneself, and self-improvement.

I have only met a handful of people like the above in my life, I'm hoping on here there will be others like me who seek similar companions. I browse different forums and most people to me seem disorganized in their wording and very vague. To them I appear too much and overly curious.

I wish more than anything to find people similar minded to me, who want fast results and see around things and shortcuts like me, and don't necessarily agree with a group and who value individual thinking.

Bear in mind I think there are different types of intelligence, and the type I'm looking for is someone who is overly curious about everything. Wants to explore everything. Needs to explore something fully before dismissing it, or because someone or something (like a book) in a higher social heirarchy says so.

I'm a lady, nearly 30, and I live in England. I welcome the above from around the world, at least 18 years old. Thank you for reading.

PM me, I'm also searching for a friend to help each other with the Arts

Miyu Limliriel
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Limlíriel
Zodiac:

Hallo, I am definitely a walking encyclopedia! Most of my friends/family are very much NOT, so I annoy them, unfortunately, and would like to make more friends that also have an unquenchable NEED for continuous learning.

I just started learning German last week and am almost 30% fluent, according to Duolingo! Learning is so much fun!

Performing Mermaid
Spirit Artist
Seeking Vampire Connections
1 Woodland Fae
bronzewolf
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 13
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a flying animal
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: mysticala

i could do with talking to someone, if you want we can try and see how we click...im quite nerdy geeky have a zillion interests but solitary as i have noone to talk to and bounce off ideas etc

Nubicooks
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 3
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just free
My magical/paranormal name...: Wisdom Keeper
Zodiac:

Hey! I'm from the Americas but I think I could be apart of this en devour of yours, if you call it such. It's hard to find anyone to talk about stuff with especially from a non-bias perspective. As far as Meyers-Briggs; ENFJ or INFJ depending on the day (Leo Sun/Pisces Moon) lol I'm sort of an encyclopedia (not jeopardy wise lol) given that I have perspective from all over the world but I'm always willing to learn more. It'll be great to connect to more like minded individuals. Maybe we can find a place for all of us to talk?

If you’re wondering if you did it right yesterday, if you’re doing it right today, don’t worry, you are. You’re well on your way. ▲△
MoonSliver
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Delica Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Woodland Elf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: The Boy of Many Names
Zodiac:

It's a pleasure to find someone so similar! I'm an INTJ, and I'm in college for art and music. I am quite the experienced writer, having a five hundred-pager three book series under my belt. I seem to always know 'too much' about everything. I've always been considered 'the smart one' in friend groups. My bookshelves are full to the point that the shelves might snap, and my fiance is always telling me to loosen their loads.

scalar
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: happier
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Yep, I've got to own up and admit that this thread seems to describe me to a T. And yes, I've only known perhaps one or two other people vaguely similar on all the most important points of this "profile", or set of attitudes.

I'm a 38 year old English musician who is also a computer technician and generally obsessed with learning about very random things (by which I mean, I keep a very varied intellectual diet). I sometimes wonder if I deceive myself only, and my entire mental regimen is basically constant junk food... I feel like I never get deep enough into anything, but then I am relentlessly self-critical (part of the reason I've ended up on this forum - this is my first post by the way).

So yeah I'm a pianist, obsessed with music perhaps more than anything else, very empathic, and consider myself a classical liberal in the sense that I value not just my own liberty but the liberty of all conscious beings... pretty "unsuccessful" (as a result?) from the perspective of mainstream British society, but then when I tired being very conventionally successful, I felt even more unsatisfied than I do when I'm just focusing on me and... yeah...

Anyway. Hello. Let's be friends <3

Return to “Message Board - Wanted/Classifieds”