Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2556
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Count Lucarda
Zodiac:

SeaWitch wrote:It was! How have things been going with you and yours, Jack?
I have been okay. As with my spirit keep, they've been doing okay as well.

I'll try to be a bit of a dork and goofball for a change.. (Sticks Tongue Out.) ;*D

But in all seriousness, work hard in your life, earn your place, and have fun in life, but do the right thing.
aspook
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 9

So a lot of these character bindings are originally two dimensional. How is the translation to 3D? Is that awkward?

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

aspook wrote:So a lot of these character bindings are originally two dimensional. How is the translation to 3D? Is that awkward?
The way they're depicted in our world is only 2D.
Do you really think they'd be two dimensional in their reality?
I mean you watch people on TV, which is 2D. That doesn't make them 2D in real life.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
darcyblackthorn
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Spelled Number: 0

Character bindings? I JUST stumbled upon this thread.
This is intriguing. OK , just so Im understanding this, a character binding is a custom conjured "spirit companion" but has all the physical and personality characteristics of the character you are wanting? And it can be any character in books or on screen?

Ok, for example, I request Dracula. Bram Stokers movie version played by Gary Oldman, and I would recieve a "spirit/character" binding of one who imbodied all the looks and manerisms and personality of the Dracula character that Gary Oldman portrayed in the movie?

Break it down for me people and talk to me like im four cause I want to understand this.
Is the sky the limit as far as our imagination goes? Can I request Magnum PI, or Winnie the Poo, or She-Ra princess of power? x*D

This is the most interesting thing Ive read today and I really would like to know more.
Thanks guys! Happy Friday!!

:)|

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

darcyblackthorn wrote:Character bindings? I JUST stumbled upon this thread.
This is intriguing. OK , just so Im understanding this, a character binding is a custom conjured "spirit companion" but has all the physical and personality characteristics of the character you are wanting? And it can be any character in books or on screen?

Ok, for example, I request Dracula. Bram Stokers movie version played by Gary Oldman, and I would recieve a "spirit/character" binding of one who imbodied all the looks and manerisms and personality of the Dracula character that Gary Oldman portrayed in the movie?

Break it down for me people and talk to me like im four cause I want to understand this.
Is the sky the limit as far as our imagination goes? Can I request Magnum PI, or Winnie the Poo, or She-Ra princess of power? x*D

This is the most interesting thing Ive read today and I really would like to know more.

Alright, I'll do my best here!

So I'm gonna use Batman for this example. In our dimension, Batman exists as a fictional character and there are multiple incarnations of him, right? In other dimensions, he exists as an actual person. In one dimension, he may exist as the Christopher Nolan version and in another, he may exist as the Frank Miller version.

It is believed when we are creating characters, we subconsciously draw inspiration from a being that actually exists in another dimension. Of course, not all characters are based on real people living in other dimensions. Some come purely from our imagination.

When a character binding is done, the conjurer will astral travel to different dimensions in search of this particular character and see if they want to be bound to the person requesting a binding. If they say no, the conjurer will continue hopping dimensions until they find one who agrees or they exhaust their options. Sometimes they are unable to be located, either because they don't want to be found or they simply do not exist as their own entity someplace else.

That's pretty much the bare bones of it. Hope that helps!

darcyblackthorn
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret

SeaWitch wrote:
darcyblackthorn wrote:Character bindings? I JUST stumbled upon this thread.

Alright, I'll do my best here!

So I'm gonna use Batman for this example. In our dimension, Batman exists as a fictional character and there are multiple incarnations of him, right? In other dimensions, he exists as an actual person. In one dimension, he may exist as the Christopher Nolan version and in another, he may exist as the Frank Miller version.

It is believed when we are creating characters, we subconsciously draw inspiration from a being that actually exists in another dimension. Of course, not all characters are based on real people living in other dimensions. Some come purely from our imagination.

When a character binding is done, the conjurer will astral travel to different dimensions in search of this particular character and see if they want to be bound to the person requesting a binding. If they say no, the conjurer will continue hopping dimensions until they find one who agrees or they exhaust their options. Sometimes they are unable to be located, either because they don't want to be found or they simply do not exist as their own entity someplace else.

That's pretty much the bare bones of it. Hope that helps!

Seawitch, thank you, that was perfect! I'm going to think about doing this but that helped explain a lot. I really appreciate it.
Now I have tons of books and movies to scour through. I'd love to bring home Mr Darcy from pride and prejudice, but then again...I wouldn't mind having Ghost Rider either. Or Xena...or Buffy....oh!...or Gandalf!!!....oh my God, there are so many options. I've fallen down a rabbit hole and now I may never want to come out!
Rabbit hole...the mad hatter! I can see this is going to be a problem....

Thank you again Seawitch and I hope you have a BEAUTIFUL day! I have to go now and torment myself about choosing character bindings.
Love, light, and happiness to you sweets!

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

darcyblackthorn wrote:Seawitch, thank you, that was perfect! I'm going to think about doing this but that helped explain a lot. I really appreciate it.
Now I have tons of books and movies to scour through. I'd love to bring home Mr Darcy from pride and prejudice, but then again...I wouldn't mind having Ghost Rider either. Or Xena...or Buffy....oh!...or Gandalf!!!....oh my God, there are so many options. I've fallen down a rabbit hole and now I may never want to come out!
Rabbit hole...the mad hatter! I can see this is going to be a problem....

Thank you again Seawitch and I hope you have a BEAUTIFUL day! I have to go now and torment myself about choosing character bindings.
Love, light, and happiness to you sweets!
Glad to be of service, my dear! <3

I'm sure you'll figure out the right character(s) eventually. :8) In fact, I've been considering another myself. I didn't think I'd ever get another character binding, because most characters, I would rather know them as characters than people, if that makes sense. But! I thought it would be nice to complete the Kenway trio with the missing piece of the puzzle.

As of now, the only seller who offers character bindings is darklordmidnight/Kelis at his shop Dark Desires. It's not hard to find a link to his store if you search the forum. Right now, he's on a little bit of a backlog, so there's a wait time, but the quality of his bindings never disappoints.

Have an awesome day, Darcy!

DarknessDreaming
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen Angels

To those who have character bindings, what methods of connecting work best for you?

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

DarknessDreaming wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 pm To those who have character bindings, what methods of connecting work best for you?
For me, I find that dreams, tarot, and pendulums yield the best results.

JackOLantern2170
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 2556
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Count Lucarda
Zodiac:

SeaWitch wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:12 am
DarknessDreaming wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 pm To those who have character bindings, what methods of connecting work best for you?
For me, I find that dreams, tarot, and pendulums yield the best results.
That’s interesting, SeaWitch.

How is everything with you? I have not been on the forum for a while until yesterday.

Are things with Connor going okay?

I'll try to be a bit of a dork and goofball for a change.. (Sticks Tongue Out.) ;*D

But in all seriousness, work hard in your life, earn your place, and have fun in life, but do the right thing.

Return to “Living Entities”