Handy Links for Empaths In Trouble -possible trigger warning

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

-Continued from post on previous page.

Was too slow to edit but a notable quote from a past life reading is "You sought answers as you still do now", and being 'restless' in doing so maybe: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/topic68933.html

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Okay for an update about the aura stuff? Why did an inner aura reading say it is "very bright, sunny yellow light surrounding your body. The energy glows strongly and is very noticeable. The aura extends out very far from your body, and fades out a bit as it gets farther away. The energy is a warm feeling, and has dense texture." strange? (For thing before if I didn't interrupt). Currently in a more 'normalized' state of mind compared to last time when I faced some drama too.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Servant - it might be good to ask these questions in a separate topic, as they have nothing to do with empathy. :)
-Raven

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Bump please!

:3
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Catgirl2 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:52 am Bump please!
Good bump.

The OP article really helped me.

Just realising what my aura was doing was a huge revelation. I am very empathic & suffered for many years, not quite getting what was out of kilter.

Since masking my aura to 3' as a regular thing, I've got the feel of being able to withdraw from being out there and instead be within and with myself.

I think my work on being one with the Universe/Tao, weather calming + some of the other spiritual/occult things I practiced tended to bring me very Out There...to the extent that I didn't see it. Like a fish in water, it seemed normal.

Masking the aura to 3' is in fact a Known Thing. I know that now: The Grounding Book by Josh Schulz, which I have, also recommends it.

As a side note that I can't resist adding: some aura or energy field practice can involve expanding our aura to encompass an entire crowd, a country, the planet, the Universe. In fact we probably all naturally flex our auras according to what we're tuning into - all the time.

It's just with some empaths it gets stuck wide open and we don't notice that.

Using intention to make the aura smaller when it doesn't need to be bigger is probably one of the best single things an empath can do. If you're like me, it'll probably take repeated practice until it becomes a habit. For me it's like being on a recovery path...I may never be 'cured' of the tendency for my aura to go super wide...but I can intentionally shrink it and take things one day at a time.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I find my aura gets messed with when I am around self-absorbed negative people, so I tend to keep my distance from them, I needed something like this article!

:3
Loviatar
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: my true self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

NyctophiliaRaven wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:02 pm Handy Links For Empaths in Trouble

Empathic Auras https://selqetkitty.wordpress.com/2017/ ... hic-auras/
Empathic Auras

Here’s the thing about empaths that even most empaths don’t know.

Your auras are HUGE. Like, fill an entire house HUGE. You’ve learned to live inside other people, usually out of sheer defense. Almost all empaths are empaths due to lengthy trauma… so they learn to push their aura out to such a distance that they are ALWAYS PREPARED. It’s a survival mechanism.

I’ve yet to meet an empath who DIDN’T have an aura that invaded everyone else’s space.

So shielding often doesn’t work. If you shield your aura, but your aura is still large enough that other people are still INSIDE it, then you’ve shielded them inside with you.

The solution to empathy being so overwhelming is to work to pull your aura back into your original personal space. Because your aura is so large, you have issues with boundaries. You don’t have them. That allows for you to be constantly overwhelmed psychically, mentally, emotionally.

The first boundary you must set is your own. It’s hard work to reel in your aura, but it’s worth it. Then, when you need to, you can push it out to “taste” people and/or environments, but when you’re done, you can pull back in, cleanse (dump the toxins), and shield… REALLY shield, and just be alone in your head again.

Trust me… Get your aura under control, and being an empath will no longer be a curse.

-Raven
So if you can pull in your aura, then ground, that should help the most. Once you’ve reigned in your aura and grounded, then you can do a very simple cleanse. Eventually, you will want to work on your chakras, because empaths are MADE, through trauma and abuse. Empathy is a natural ability of all humans, but empaths who are as sensitive as you are develop it as a defensive mechanism against harmful situations. Having your aura spread out so wide allows you to be prepared. It’s a form of hyper-vigilance.

So, about cleansing. Once you have your aura contained, and you’ve grounded, I would suggest that you go for a walk in a place where there aren’t a lot of people (I like to walk after dark, or take a hiking trail). While you are walking, just focus on breathing the fresh air, the stillness and the silence. Let the greenness of the world, or the whiteness/darkness if you’re walking in winter or at night, let the weather and the season just sort of recharge you as you breathe it in.

Finally, a bare-bones method is simply to visualize a ball of white light as large as your aura (for most people this is three feet wide, for you it’s probably considerably larger which is why I don’t suggest doing this until you’ve got your aura reigned in) coming down through you from the sky, and a second one coming up through you from the earth. See these balls as collecting all the muck as they go, and as the ball from the sky enters the earth below you, and the ball from the earth enters the sky above you, see the earth and sky absorb those balls and the negativity they’ve removed from you.

I was an empath once. I don’t recommend the way I had to go to stop it, but I remember what it was like, so whenever I see anyone having difficulties, I feel like it’s my duty to share what I know about it.

-Raven
I hope the quote works, I snipped some stuff. Though it was all really helpful. This explanation explains soooo much from my life and how my energy works and why I haven't been able to shield myself. Can anyone elaborate on how to start reigning in my aura? I can't visualize and am not in control of the boundaries of my aura. I know this is old and I will comb through this again. I have started my working considering chakras more and more but I don't see a straight connection to pulling in my aura. This resonated sooo much with me, and I know needs to be my first priority to not be out of energy all the time. Also explains why at some times I radiate it enough that random people in just like your corner pub might tell me that I have an inviting vibe. Thank you so much for putting it to words.

If someone could explain how do I set the boundaries, how do I get started when I can't visualize it and feel completely like it's out of my control. I moved in the middle of the woods, I was so drowning in everything. I often wonder the origin of a feeling and realize it's not my own. If anyone has pointers where to begin to start, I'd be very appreciative

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Loviatar wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:44 am [...] Can anyone elaborate on how to start reigning in my aura? I can't visualize and am not in control of the boundaries of my aura. [...] This resonated sooo much with me, and I know needs to be my first priority to not be out of energy all the time. Also explains why at some times I radiate it enough that random people in just like your corner pub might tell me that I have an inviting vibe. Thank you so much for putting it to words.

If someone could explain how do I set the boundaries, how do I get started when I can't visualize it and feel completely like it's out of my control. [...] If anyone has pointers where to begin to start, I'd be very appreciative
It's at times like this that I kind of wish I was more of a practitioner; more used to giving practical advice or support.

I hope some of this is useful or at least of interest.

Two things, then maybe a recommendation...

1. 'Moussing', expanding or encompassing people in your aura - Magnolia posted something here once re this that I haven't got the link to. To paraphrase what I remember her saying (my paraphrasing): when we're with a person or a group of people, we can consciously enfold our aura around them. That way not only are you kind of including them, it seems to have a positive, subtle harmonious influence on a subliminal level. When I do this, eg in a meeting, I remember to un-enfold my aura from them afterwards, re-enfold it around myself and set it at a comfortable size, like 3 feet.

2. Withdrawing, closing, masking or shrinking your aura - if there's someone physically near you that you want to withdraw from - the opposite situation from above - you can mentally close your aura to them or their vibe. Or you can mask it by shrinking it to less than the 'standard' 3 feet from your body. This can make you seem less present or less noticeable. (The opposite's true. You can expand your aura to somewhere between 3-6 feet. This can make you feel and seem to others more present and have a bigger, more powerful presence.) It's very subtle and might not be stronger in effect than purely psychosomatic body language - except to people who can sense that kind of thing. Once you've left that situation you can restore your aura to comfortable size.

I think it's become almost standard in recent decades to talk about our aura as being 6 feet from the body when at its fullest extent. In many people it may be just 1-2 feet from the body. It's that aura that an over-extended empath needs to shrink to 3 feet - as explained in the OP.

(I could over complicate this by talking about the chi sphere, accumulating & radiating vital energy at levels & over distances at which we can be present with our energy with much, much bigger energy fields than the standard human aura - but I won't say any more just now.)

Practical -

a) Learning about the aura might be a good idea. Especially how to sense or read the aura. Then you have some sense of it. It can be worked with on different levels. It's almost as if there are different auras but I like to think that really it's more that it's the same aura / energy field just seen from different angles. The aura responds easily to our mental state. (In fact one thing aura readings can do is see a person's mental/energy state, which fluctuates according to how we feel.)

b) Exercising the aura - One exercise I remember goes like this. Sit comfortably in a dark room - maybe in an armchair. Take several comfortable, slow deep breaths. This will make your aura brighter. Then look at your arms. You might see a faint glow around them. It might look whitish. Change its colour. ie Imagine it's a different colour. You should be able to see that. Then change its size. ie Expand it to twice the extent it is, or half, for example. See it. Then change its density, eg either make it twice as dense or half as dense, for example. Feel it. You might want to return the aura to the original colour, size & density when you're finished.

When you're out and about and you sense your energy/ aura is over extended, just will it to be shrunk to 3 feet from the body then see it doing so. That's all that's needed.

find it again.
Loviatar
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: my true self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Lewk wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:13 am
Loviatar wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:44 am [...] Can anyone elaborate on how to start reigning in my aura? I can't visualize and am not in control of the boundaries of my aura. [...] This resonated sooo much with me, and I know needs to be my first priority to not be out of energy all the time. Also explains why at some times I radiate it enough that random people in just like your corner pub might tell me that I have an inviting vibe. Thank you so much for putting it to words.

If someone could explain how do I set the boundaries, how do I get started when I can't visualize it and feel completely like it's out of my control. [...] If anyone has pointers where to begin to start, I'd be very appreciative
It's at times like this that I kind of wish I was more of a practitioner; more used to giving practical advice or support.

I hope some of this is useful or at least of interest.

Two things, then maybe a recommendation...

1. 'Moussing', expanding or encompassing people in your aura - Magnolia posted something here once re this that I haven't got the link to. To paraphrase what I remember her saying (my paraphrasing): when we're with a person or a group of people, we can consciously enfold our aura around them. That way not only are you kind of including them, it seems to have a positive, subtle harmonious influence on a subliminal level. When I do this, eg in a meeting, I remember to un-enfold my aura from them afterwards, re-enfold it around myself and set it at a comfortable size, like 3 feet.

2. Withdrawing, closing, masking or shrinking your aura - if there's someone physically near you that you want to withdraw from - the opposite situation from above - you can mentally close your aura to them or their vibe. Or you can mask it by shrinking it to less than the 'standard' 3 feet from your body. This can make you seem less present or less noticeable. (The opposite's true. You can expand your aura to somewhere between 3-6 feet. This can make you feel and seem to others more present and have a bigger, more powerful presence.) It's very subtle and might not be stronger in effect than purely psychosomatic body language - except to people who can sense that kind of thing. Once you've left that situation you can restore your aura to comfortable size.

I think it's become almost standard in recent decades to talk about our aura as being 6 feet from the body when at its fullest extent. In many people it may be just 1-2 feet from the body. It's that aura that an over-extended empath needs to shrink to 3 feet - as explained in the OP.

(I could over complicate this by talking about the chi sphere, accumulating & radiating vital energy at levels & over distances at which we can be present with our energy with much, much bigger energy fields than the standard human aura - but I won't say any more just now.)

Practical -

a) Learning about the aura might be a good idea. Especially how to sense or read the aura. Then you have some sense of it. It can be worked with on different levels. It's almost as if there are different auras but I like to think that really it's more that it's the same aura / energy field just seen from different angles. The aura responds easily to our mental state. (In fact one thing aura readings can do is see a person's mental/energy state, which fluctuates according to how we feel.)

b) Exercising the aura - One exercise I remember goes like this. Sit comfortably in a dark room - maybe in an armchair. Take several comfortable, slow deep breaths. This will make your aura brighter. Then look at your arms. You might see a faint glow around them. It might look whitish. Change its colour. ie Imagine it's a different colour. You should be able to see that. Then change its size. ie Expand it to twice the extent it is, or half, for example. See it. Then change its density, eg either make it twice as dense or half as dense, for example. Feel it. You might want to return the aura to the original colour, size & density when you're finished.

When you're out and about and you sense your energy/ aura is over extended, just will it to be shrunk to 3 feet from the body then see it doing so. That's all that's needed.
I can't imagine, it's called aphantasia. I'm trying to learn. But it will never be like with people born with it. I feel as this limit's my vision in general. I can't see my thoughts or use vision to manifest anything from my mind, I will ever develop a sight that senses anything that's not material. To me it's easier to use other senses. I can sense the color your touch leaves my skin. I think it has a lot to do with an aura. I'm interested in the subject, but still not sure what it is, there are so many takes on it.

I met this girl who has synesthesia. So she sees her feelings as colors, her parents realized this when she told her knee was orange/felt orange. I was very atheistic around the time I met her and she actually saw auras, so ever since I sort of thought of it as an other way of sensing people. You immediately, before your conscious of it, create many assumptions from a person when you meet. How they walk, breath, stand, take eye contact, smell etc. so a lot you can't "see". Others absorb all that information, but synesthesia allows that information to be presented to you as a color. So I kind of think aura as a persons essence radiating around them, but also absorbing those of others around them. All I've learned from mirror sells and neurology to less "certified" takes on how people are in contact. I've met a few practitioners, mostly wiccans, who have a very similar take, though they had a tendency to make it sound super mysterious, which was off-putting to me.

But never was it something I thought you could change as a thing itself. I've always thought it more as a mirror, if you want to change that, you need to change what's mirrored. Which also is not true as I've found out. I doubt anyone lives their whole lives without experiencing at least some body dysmorphia that affects how they see themselves. It's never just about the physical. But still I find it hard to wrap around my head on changing my aura. I clearly would benefit from having control, but I guess I'm afraid it will close me up from everything else as well. I need to look into that, if I can try to control how I absorb. But I doubt I can do it with vision. I have objects though that have an essence I can feel so maybe I could use those to practise.

But I definitely have done that. I just can't see the color changing and I can also make it darker. Not turn to different color, but more like a white or light that's just so dim you maybe wouldn't call it light anymore? It's hard to explain since I can't "see it" and compare it to a color or a source of existing light, I just feel the change. It's more of a side effect of meditating, feeling deep feelings, or practices to fall asleep. So I haven't focused on it that much on it, but definitely felt like I recognize what you are describing in the practise. Or maybe this is changing the "range". But thank you, this definitely gave me some ideas to get a better sense of it.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

;*D
Loviatar wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:03 pm [...] But thank you, this definitely gave me some ideas to get a better sense of it.
That's really clearly explained, thank you.

Yes, I think the other way(s) you sense can definitely be worked with.

I don't just 'see' my aura, for example. I feel it. So I think you probably might be able to succeed in getting some sense of feeling your aura being expansive or shrunk. That might actually be in some ways better, if you're managing your aura to deal with empathy (which is mainly a type of feeling).

I also 'hear' energies and can kind of hear a difference between a wider aura and one closer to my body.

Another thing you may want to try to work with is intention. This is incorporated into magic, eg spells, but the practice of 'seeing' ones' aura as being bigger or smaller is actually a form of using one's intention. So I think it's just as valid to use another sense, eg feeling, as a focus for one's intention. To put it simply, intention is probably the main thing. Seeing is perhaps not that crucial, if you have aphantasia.

You could will (ie intend) that your aura shrinks to a certain size. Even affirm it, while giving the aura permission to change size. Although I do use imagination when adjusting my aura, I also use intention or feeling.

Have you heard of proprioception?

proprioception
ˌprə(ʊ)prɪəˈsɛpʃn

noun
perception or awareness of the position and movement of the body.
[Google]

Just as we can feel or know where various parts of our body are, we can feel/know where our aura is.

Finally - and I want to avoid this sounding like a boast - I do see energies in my visual field. After 50 years of spiritual stuff, especially 40 + years of chi work, perhaps it's not too surprising. (That's not the same as seeing in my mind's eye - which I think is perhaps the main difficulty for someone with aphantasia?)

To give you an idea of how that's different, I can sit with my eyes closed, practice an aura reading technique and see the colours of that person's aura in my mind's eye. But I can also sometimes, with eyes open, see a white mist around me like light rain. Or a golden light around me in the space I'm in. At those times, I'm not using visualisation, not seeing those things in my mind's eye. I'm not using intention either. I'm just seeing, like I see anything.

You know when we (most people) stare at the same spot for a long time, eg a wall, without moving? When we move our gaze away we then see a shape of light that moves where we look? Have you ever seen that? That's our visual field at work. Our neurological system fills it in with light, where we look. We don't notice that most of the time. (At least that's how I think of it.)

The aura exercise I mentioned, which involves sitting in the dark, is more about seeing with the visual field - ie in what you might call a somatic neurological way. Perceiving an actual misty white light around the arms, for example. Not imagining it in the mind's eye. I hope that's useful to point out. However I realise someone with aphantasia might find that equally as difficult as imagining - at least to start with maybe.

find it again.

Return to “METHODOLOGIES”