What is your experience buying from CH?

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

I love my lazy orb. Not just because I’m lazy but also because it’s clear quartz.

I have never seen gold at all in the CH shop. If they did ide have golden vessels.

memento mori
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:Following up on Magnolia’s comment, I believe I’ve seen listings where, if it was not certain what the metal or stone is, they said as much in the listing. Sometimes, a person needs training to discern one stone from another, or ID between similar-looking metals, and I haven’t seen Magnolia or Ash lay claim to gemologist or metallurgist training.
I desperately wanted there to be a great "metallurgist" GIF. But I settled.

This is even better.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I brought me many life joys.

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I brought me many life joys.
There ya go... anything to get joy out of life is worth it...

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I brought me many life joys.
It’s good to hear that you bring your self joy! It has to come from somewhere right?

memento mori
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I recently placed two orders with CH and had two major issues (and a minor issue) that have me rather irritated from a customer service and clarity of product description standpoint. I want to clarify that my issue is not with the magic performed, assuming all is well on that front. The two orders I placed had multiple items and some great freebies. To add another layer of clarity, my issues had nothing to do with the freebies. I will also add that these things will not make me stop ordering from CH entirely, but I am going to be far more careful about what I do order going forward (particularly in regards to supplies and readings).

This is long, so settle in, get a cup of coffee, and ground yourself.

Let me describe the primary minor issue first:

Minor Issue:

One of the vessels for magic bound as part of a reading ended up being the exact same vessel I already have for my master vessel. That is, I received a ring with a turquoise stone, and I already had the same exact ring as my master vessel. Note that I picked a sterling ring with a stone. My notes for this item included text explaining what I would like - "Would like a dark green natural stone or a bloodstone, or any other natural stone dark with greens. I would also be okay with creature artwork, elephant, octopus, or similar."

I suppose my request for a green stone or bloodstone or similar could not be filled, or that any other sterling ring with a stone that might have a carving or pattern on it could be provided either, but I do wish they would take previously shipped vessel descriptions into account when they fill an order. I have now, separately, ordered a replacement ring for this one (a different type to try to avoid receiving another duplicate) and asked that the bindings be transmuted to the new ring. This will be an additional $11 that I feel could have been avoided.

I am not pleased that I have had to request and pay for a new ring for this binding. I did not file a complaint about this since I feel that this is the nature of the "random vessel" beast when you can't actually pick a vessel out from the shop that you specifically want. That doesn't change the point that their team needs to reflect on previous orders and communicate with customers better when they cannot avoid duplicating previously sent vessels. They could have looked at my order history and contacted me to offer other options.

On to the major issues:

Major Issue One

First, I want to preface this issue by saying that I have ordered previous readings from CH that come with bindings and those have been clearly described in the shop with what to expect from the binding they come with. Also, I am still waiting for a clear response on this issue from Magnolia, so it is possible there is an explanation coming forthwith. However, my experience with this reading and binding has me troubled so badly that I cannot hold my tongue on it.

I ordered the Power Bestowed Upon You Spell for An Advantageous & Powerful Offering Of Spirits, Magick & Entities, link: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/power-bestowed.html
I chose a Level 6 reading, which is noted as including 5-6 bindings and is the most expensive reading. I also indicated that Yes, spirits and entities were okay.

There were two issues related to this reading when the order completed.

The first issue was that when the order completed and I was notified it was about to ship this item's description only included the title of the service/spell and information as to what vessel it was bound to. (This happened to be the ring mentioned in the Minor Issue above.) I'm going to break this down in a timeline at this point:

January 24
I sent an email back to Support voicing concerns that no information about the reading or what bindings were performed was included in the description.

January 25
I received a response apologizing for the error and was told that another Creepy Crew member was unavailable when the description was added to the order and that they had the notes about the reading. They would add the reading to the order today. They did as promised, which was great, but the notes added only included information about the reading itself and did not describe any of the bindings done.

Aside: I will mention the reading was thorough and awesome. I have no qualms with the reading.

Here is where the second issue with the reading starts.

Despite the quality of the reading, I still have no idea what magic was performed at this point. I don't know what the bindings include in regards to spell bindings, or whether any spirits were conjured and bound, or if any entities were conjured and bound in the process of working the spell for the deep reading. (The reading's description says all are possibilities.) There is no information in the text of the reading that explains what was bound magically. There are all kinds of possibilities, but no details.

So I emailed, same day in the late afternoon, to request the missing information concerning the 5-6 bindings that come with this reading.

January 28
There was an intervening weekend since sending the email the afternoon of January 25, so I waited all day for a response on the following Monday, January 28. I had not received a response to the request, so I emailed a reminder the evening of January 28 that I was still waiting for the rest of the information.

January 29
I received a response explaining "Your bindings are related to the results of the reading." Well, that is obvious, thanks for playing. They also said: "I have asked Magnolia to break this down further for you since you don't understand the bindings that are part of the reading. We will update you as soon as she breaks this down for you." I will comment on this response a little further down, as I have a lot of problems with this response. It shows the Creepy Crew does not have clear product knowledge, for one. Second, it shows a complete lack of understanding as to what this order item actually is.

January 31
I gave a full two days before following up with the support staff the evening of January 31 for an update from Magnolia.

February 1
Received this response this morning: "Magnolia is very busy however she will get to your reading as soon as she can and we will update the ticket as soon as we have it." This is the last, current, communication. I have not replied yet.

I have A LOT of problems with all of this.

First, this is an expensive reading. Yes, I get a good discount, and it was reduced to $119 for me because of it. However, I am also a loyal customer who has now spent around $900 at Creepy Hollows since July 2018. Does that mean I should get more focus than another customer? No, but it does mean I am a loyal customer and I deserve a response that doesn't take a week of pulling teeth to get (and by the way, I am still waiting for).

Second, if Magnolia is too busy to handle customer service issues with magic she has performed, there is a problem. I know her and Ash are the only two conjurors, but when the information that you provide is not clear and someone needs to know what has been done, this should be as quick as pulling up the notes for that work and responding. The two days I gave should be enough time for a clear response in my opinion.

Lastly, the largest problem I have with this is with the bindings. The fact that the 5-6 bindings are not even described as part of the reading to begin with suggests to me that no specific bindings of spirits or entities or connections or spells have been done at all. Maybe this was incomplete when it went to the Creepy Crew. I don't know, but I'm really concerned about this.

On one hand, if the description specifically says all are possibilities (spells/spirits/entities) and purposely describes the option as "Level 6, 5-6 bindings", how does the Creepy Crew not know there are supposed to be specific bindings described with the reading? Shouldn't they have realized something was missing before completing the order? Why were the descriptions of the spirits / entities / spell bindings that were done missing? Why didn't anyone stop to ask this question?

On the other hand, I should not have to guess what this binding does for me. I should not have to try to discern what spirits are on this binding (or entities) or what the spells on this binding do for me. If there are spirits and they are ancestors from my bloodline, someone I knew in a past life, soulmates, just spirits that wanted to help, or whatever, Magnolia needs to tell me all of the their pertinent information - name, description, etc., so I can connect with them and bond. The same applies if there are living entities that stepped up as part of this reading. Maybe no spirits or entities stepped forward - okay, tell me that if it's the case. Whatever the case, she needs to also describe each spell binding and what it does for me. Again, why would they make someone guess at all of this?

I am very perturbed by this issue, and really troubled. At the end of the day, I'm going to have to ask Magnolia to check the bindings as well, just for my own peace of mind at least, because right now I don't even believe any bindings have been done. If I've been asking for the description of those 5-6 bindings for a week, and no one can answer me, I really have to wonder if the work was actually done as described in the description of what I purchased.

Right now, since no one seems to be able to answer the question, it is my opinion that what is promised was not performed. Magnolia is going to have to work very hard to convince me the bindings were done properly and provide me with some clear explanation of them.

I still await that response.

Major Issue Two

On the second order I had requested a clear quartz set of divination runes. The set is great - actual natural clear quartz stones etched with the runes and the etchings painted gold. They are nice. The etchings are a little sloppy on a couple of them so the rune is difficult to make out here and there, but for the most part the set is passable.

However, I found that I had two rune stones that were duplicate runes of each other and three rune stones that were completely missing from the set. (The set did come with two blank stones for future replacement if one gets lost.)

I emailed support with a description of the three stones missing and asked what to do. I did not know if they would just replace those or send a new set, or what. The response was positive and yet made no sense from a customer service standpoint. It was, and I quote, "I apologize for the inconvenience we can get those sent out to you on your next order just reference this ticket in your order and we will include them".

Umm... what? I have to wait until I place my next order (which at the time I did not know if I would place another order this soon) to get my missing rune stones? So I can't even use the set of runes for anything until I place another order and can make a note to ship those missing rune stones? This really irked me. From a customer service standpoint, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. The proper response should have been "We will ship them right away, today." Not "sent to you on your next order". This is just bad customer service. Period.

Now, because I ended up deciding to place an order for that duplicate ring (Minor Issue above) I ended up adding the note to that order to send me the replacement rune stones with it. We'll see how that goes. However, again, I should never have even had to place an order just to get missing pieces of a set that I already paid for.

The second issue I have with this rune stone debacle is QUALITY CHECK. The Creepy Crew should have double-checked the rune stones in the order to ensure that the set was completed properly, and, to be honest, that the runes were etched clearly and could be read easily. (Some of the symbols are very similar and will have to be looked at very closely when I start using them.) This would have taken an extra 5 minutes maybe, and would have prevented the entire issue of missing and duplicated stones, as well as ensured that stones with clear etchings were sent.

In Conclusion

I've been shopping at CH for a solid 7 months now. These issues are the first time that I've seen some serious sloppiness in customer service and quality, and some rather disturbing omissions in a performed binding.

I think the staff needs to be better educated and informed regarding the products being sold and what they should include. I think internal communication has a lot of gaps. And I feel the Creepy Crew needs to perform some much closer, serious quality checks before packing and shipping an order.

As I stated at the start of this post, this is not necessarily enough to make me stop buying from CH entirely. This may depend heavily on the explanation Magnolia provides regarding those 5-6 bindings, because if I feel like I've been misled by that listing I'm now pretty much going to question everything in the shop. Whatever the result, I am still going to be very hesitant making purchases that include new vessels or that combine readings with bindings.

I'm also pretty much going to go elsewhere for supplies (like runes and tarot) in the future.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Today is the 11th calendar day / 7th business day since I have requested information from CH regarding the 5-6 bindings that were included with my reading (see Major Issue One described in the below quoted post). Still no response from Magnolia.

I have sent a request to Support again about my concerns that these binding details have not been provided and that I am still waiting.

At this point I feel I've been patient enough. I've never been given this kind of runaround by CH before, and at this point I'm well within my rights to be frustrated with the level of response that I've received.

Were the bindings even done? Why can't I get an answer describing them? Why can't they tell me if spirits or entities were bound as part of the reading?

I just cannot believe a professional conjurer wouldn't have notes about their work that they could easily refer to and answer this sort of question in a reasonable timeframe.

If the work wasn't done and a mistake was made, someone needs to come clean and correct the issue.

If the bindings cannot be explained, then I do not believe they are real and I want a refund.

I will update this thread as I see a response in my email.

Regholdain wrote:I recently placed two orders with CH and had two major issues (and a minor issue) that have me rather irritated from a customer service and clarity of product description standpoint. I want to clarify that my issue is not with the magic performed, assuming all is well on that front. The two orders I placed had multiple items and some great freebies. To add another layer of clarity, my issues had nothing to do with the freebies. I will also add that these things will not make me stop ordering from CH entirely, but I am going to be far more careful about what I do order going forward (particularly in regards to supplies and readings).

This is long, so settle in, get a cup of coffee, and ground yourself.

Let me describe the primary minor issue first:

Minor Issue:

One of the vessels for magic bound as part of a reading ended up being the exact same vessel I already have for my master vessel. That is, I received a ring with a turquoise stone, and I already had the same exact ring as my master vessel. Note that I picked a sterling ring with a stone. My notes for this item included text explaining what I would like - "Would like a dark green natural stone or a bloodstone, or any other natural stone dark with greens. I would also be okay with creature artwork, elephant, octopus, or similar."

I suppose my request for a green stone or bloodstone or similar could not be filled, or that any other sterling ring with a stone that might have a carving or pattern on it could be provided either, but I do wish they would take previously shipped vessel descriptions into account when they fill an order. I have now, separately, ordered a replacement ring for this one (a different type to try to avoid receiving another duplicate) and asked that the bindings be transmuted to the new ring. This will be an additional $11 that I feel could have been avoided.

I am not pleased that I have had to request and pay for a new ring for this binding. I did not file a complaint about this since I feel that this is the nature of the "random vessel" beast when you can't actually pick a vessel out from the shop that you specifically want. That doesn't change the point that their team needs to reflect on previous orders and communicate with customers better when they cannot avoid duplicating previously sent vessels. They could have looked at my order history and contacted me to offer other options.

On to the major issues:

Major Issue One

First, I want to preface this issue by saying that I have ordered previous readings from CH that come with bindings and those have been clearly described in the shop with what to expect from the binding they come with. Also, I am still waiting for a clear response on this issue from Magnolia, so it is possible there is an explanation coming forthwith. However, my experience with this reading and binding has me troubled so badly that I cannot hold my tongue on it.

I ordered the Power Bestowed Upon You Spell for An Advantageous & Powerful Offering Of Spirits, Magick & Entities, link: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/power-bestowed.html
I chose a Level 6 reading, which is noted as including 5-6 bindings and is the most expensive reading. I also indicated that Yes, spirits and entities were okay.

There were two issues related to this reading when the order completed.

The first issue was that when the order completed and I was notified it was about to ship this item's description only included the title of the service/spell and information as to what vessel it was bound to. (This happened to be the ring mentioned in the Minor Issue above.) I'm going to break this down in a timeline at this point:

January 24
I sent an email back to Support voicing concerns that no information about the reading or what bindings were performed was included in the description.

January 25
I received a response apologizing for the error and was told that another Creepy Crew member was unavailable when the description was added to the order and that they had the notes about the reading. They would add the reading to the order today. They did as promised, which was great, but the notes added only included information about the reading itself and did not describe any of the bindings done.

Aside: I will mention the reading was thorough and awesome. I have no qualms with the reading.

Here is where the second issue with the reading starts.

Despite the quality of the reading, I still have no idea what magic was performed at this point. I don't know what the bindings include in regards to spell bindings, or whether any spirits were conjured and bound, or if any entities were conjured and bound in the process of working the spell for the deep reading. (The reading's description says all are possibilities.) There is no information in the text of the reading that explains what was bound magically. There are all kinds of possibilities, but no details.

So I emailed, same day in the late afternoon, to request the missing information concerning the 5-6 bindings that come with this reading.

January 28
There was an intervening weekend since sending the email the afternoon of January 25, so I waited all day for a response on the following Monday, January 28. I had not received a response to the request, so I emailed a reminder the evening of January 28 that I was still waiting for the rest of the information.

January 29
I received a response explaining "Your bindings are related to the results of the reading." Well, that is obvious, thanks for playing. They also said: "I have asked Magnolia to break this down further for you since you don't understand the bindings that are part of the reading. We will update you as soon as she breaks this down for you." I will comment on this response a little further down, as I have a lot of problems with this response. It shows the Creepy Crew does not have clear product knowledge, for one. Second, it shows a complete lack of understanding as to what this order item actually is.

January 31
I gave a full two days before following up with the support staff the evening of January 31 for an update from Magnolia.

February 1
Received this response this morning: "Magnolia is very busy however she will get to your reading as soon as she can and we will update the ticket as soon as we have it." This is the last, current, communication. I have not replied yet.

I have A LOT of problems with all of this.

First, this is an expensive reading. Yes, I get a good discount, and it was reduced to $119 for me because of it. However, I am also a loyal customer who has now spent around $900 at Creepy Hollows since July 2018. Does that mean I should get more focus than another customer? No, but it does mean I am a loyal customer and I deserve a response that doesn't take a week of pulling teeth to get (and by the way, I am still waiting for).

Second, if Magnolia is too busy to handle customer service issues with magic she has performed, there is a problem. I know her and Ash are the only two conjurors, but when the information that you provide is not clear and someone needs to know what has been done, this should be as quick as pulling up the notes for that work and responding. The two days I gave should be enough time for a clear response in my opinion.

Lastly, the largest problem I have with this is with the bindings. The fact that the 5-6 bindings are not even described as part of the reading to begin with suggests to me that no specific bindings of spirits or entities or connections or spells have been done at all. Maybe this was incomplete when it went to the Creepy Crew. I don't know, but I'm really concerned about this.

On one hand, if the description specifically says all are possibilities (spells/spirits/entities) and purposely describes the option as "Level 6, 5-6 bindings", how does the Creepy Crew not know there are supposed to be specific bindings described with the reading? Shouldn't they have realized something was missing before completing the order? Why were the descriptions of the spirits / entities / spell bindings that were done missing? Why didn't anyone stop to ask this question?

On the other hand, I should not have to guess what this binding does for me. I should not have to try to discern what spirits are on this binding (or entities) or what the spells on this binding do for me. If there are spirits and they are ancestors from my bloodline, someone I knew in a past life, soulmates, just spirits that wanted to help, or whatever, Magnolia needs to tell me all of the their pertinent information - name, description, etc., so I can connect with them and bond. The same applies if there are living entities that stepped up as part of this reading. Maybe no spirits or entities stepped forward - okay, tell me that if it's the case. Whatever the case, she needs to also describe each spell binding and what it does for me. Again, why would they make someone guess at all of this?

I am very perturbed by this issue, and really troubled. At the end of the day, I'm going to have to ask Magnolia to check the bindings as well, just for my own peace of mind at least, because right now I don't even believe any bindings have been done. If I've been asking for the description of those 5-6 bindings for a week, and no one can answer me, I really have to wonder if the work was actually done as described in the description of what I purchased.

Right now, since no one seems to be able to answer the question, it is my opinion that what is promised was not performed. Magnolia is going to have to work very hard to convince me the bindings were done properly and provide me with some clear explanation of them.

I still await that response.

Major Issue Two

On the second order I had requested a clear quartz set of divination runes. The set is great - actual natural clear quartz stones etched with the runes and the etchings painted gold. They are nice. The etchings are a little sloppy on a couple of them so the rune is difficult to make out here and there, but for the most part the set is passable.

However, I found that I had two rune stones that were duplicate runes of each other and three rune stones that were completely missing from the set. (The set did come with two blank stones for future replacement if one gets lost.)

I emailed support with a description of the three stones missing and asked what to do. I did not know if they would just replace those or send a new set, or what. The response was positive and yet made no sense from a customer service standpoint. It was, and I quote, "I apologize for the inconvenience we can get those sent out to you on your next order just reference this ticket in your order and we will include them".

Umm... what? I have to wait until I place my next order (which at the time I did not know if I would place another order this soon) to get my missing rune stones? So I can't even use the set of runes for anything until I place another order and can make a note to ship those missing rune stones? This really irked me. From a customer service standpoint, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. The proper response should have been "We will ship them right away, today." Not "sent to you on your next order". This is just bad customer service. Period.

Now, because I ended up deciding to place an order for that duplicate ring (Minor Issue above) I ended up adding the note to that order to send me the replacement rune stones with it. We'll see how that goes. However, again, I should never have even had to place an order just to get missing pieces of a set that I already paid for.

The second issue I have with this rune stone debacle is QUALITY CHECK. The Creepy Crew should have double-checked the rune stones in the order to ensure that the set was completed properly, and, to be honest, that the runes were etched clearly and could be read easily. (Some of the symbols are very similar and will have to be looked at very closely when I start using them.) This would have taken an extra 5 minutes maybe, and would have prevented the entire issue of missing and duplicated stones, as well as ensured that stones with clear etchings were sent.

In Conclusion

I've been shopping at CH for a solid 7 months now. These issues are the first time that I've seen some serious sloppiness in customer service and quality, and some rather disturbing omissions in a performed binding.

I think the staff needs to be better educated and informed regarding the products being sold and what they should include. I think internal communication has a lot of gaps. And I feel the Creepy Crew needs to perform some much closer, serious quality checks before packing and shipping an order.

As I stated at the start of this post, this is not necessarily enough to make me stop buying from CH entirely. This may depend heavily on the explanation Magnolia provides regarding those 5-6 bindings, because if I feel like I've been misled by that listing I'm now pretty much going to question everything in the shop. Whatever the result, I am still going to be very hesitant making purchases that include new vessels or that combine readings with bindings.

I'm also pretty much going to go elsewhere for supplies (like runes and tarot) in the future.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Do u feel anything at all?

memento mori
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I emailed HD about the above in hopes of getting attention on your situation a tad bit faster. I'm sure there was some kind of misunderstanding, hopefully they'll be able to fix things or refund you soon - - - whichever winds up being the preferred end result.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

They could be busy. My order is taking forever as well.

memento mori

Return to “Creepy Hollows Reviews”