What is your experience buying from CH?

User avatar
Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

Re: What is your experience buying from CH?

Postby Muse » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:29 pm

quantumflux wrote:Oh I’m sorry, I thought you were trying to say that you were having trouble utilizing these bindings.


Utilizing no, justifying yes.
As I said, we can always talk more in another thread. Perhaps this one?

topic75471.html

-carries the subject off to avoid cluttering the thread-



User avatar
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 14623
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:53 pm
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: What is your experience buying from CH?

Postby Magnolia » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:43 pm

What is your Magic Name Reading:: Personally speaking, I feel this reading was off. Not only did nothing particularly resonate but some of the associations were so opposite that I questioned whether my reading might have gotten messed up with someone else's. I understand that all readings are flawed or should be expected to be flawed in some degree but I expected at least one thing to resonate and overall it just didn't feel worth the money because of that. However I can't get a refund because they did do what I paid them to do, plus I'd feel bad asking anyway even if I was able to get one.


It's important to note that this reading doesn't just take you of present time into account, but it takes you of the future into account as well. What you may find not relevant now, you'll find relevant as you progress in this journey of magic. You aren't always going to be who you are now, you're young and you are going to grow. You are going to learn more about yourself, magic, and the future. You have many years to go as you are just beginning. The fiery breath of youth is going to give way to a greater foundation of strength and patience as you age. Be mindful that most of what you receive in readings is going to encompass your future as you have so much of the future left.

Spelled Items in General:: I have about fifteen or so spelled items from CH. Either bound to vessels or my Spirit. I don't feel anything from them, but I assume this is either because I'm not sensitive enough to or because CH spells possibly don't have as strong or any effect on me as an individual (and I prefer getting C5T3 whenever possible). This is not to say I don't believe that they were cast and have effects, I just don't notice them even after months so I can't justify any future purchases for myself. So I won't be purchasing anymore spells having to do with my spiritual growth specifically. Gifts for my Spirits or my irl friends are still on the table, because CH is very timely and I enjoy knowing which part of the process the seller is on.


It may or may not be based on sensitivity, but as I remarked before, you are growing and you are likely to find growth & evolution in your path. I don't doubt the work we do, or its power, and I'm sure you'll grow into the spells. Not to mention that the magic that complements who you are & where you are in your journey is going to be the most influential for you. You are going to find that spells, magic, spirits, entities, etc all come to you as needed as there are times that certain spells & magic are going to be more influential than others.

Custom Master Vessel with Spells:: I wish I could say something about this vessel but unfortunately there was a miscommunication on the staff side about my ring size (it was in my profile and they never noticed so they tried to mail a size 8 instead of just sending an email...my one and only true gripe here) and they had to rebind it.

I'm going through a move so I have to wait an extra week or two to receive it on top of the eleven or so days it took to prepare. The good news is that the Caberra and Bronwyn angel did let me know they were around, that, or I'm crazy. So I have been enjoying time with them albeit off and on because I'm so busy.

I remember ordering the MV days and days before the trip because I so badly wanted to have all my Spirits and Spells in one vessel so I wouldn't have to be apart from their vessels until my ring came. I suppose next time not only will I state all necessary information in my profile, but in the notes of the order AND the extra customer notes in my profile, as well as explicitly specifying not to ship anything until one hundred percent sure it's what I paid for. A bit bossy sounding maybe, but hopefully it'll prevent careless decisions in the future.


There wasn't any carelessness in your master vessel. I'm really surprised about this thread considering the overwhelming positive interaction you had with Nova and Juno. Nova wasn't careless, she was trying to pick a vessel she thought you would like and she was focused more on the color and didn't realize that she chose the wrong size. It was an oversight and it wasn't anything that was done out of disrespect, carelessness, or intentional provocation.

It did take 7 business day for the order to be completed, but that's not unusual given we usually have 7-10 business day for order turnaround. You did ask us to hold the package because you were moving, so the additional time it took to get to you isn't because of any other reason than you were moving & we weren't going to ship to your old address, or to your new address before you could get the package.

The other piece of good news aside from my Spirits being dolls is that I am actually moving closer to what still might be CH's base of operations so I might get it sooner once I'm down there.

More on the brighter side of things, they paid attention to my color request of something black (they chose Agate) and would have been right on time if not for the mix up. Also the two custom Spirits and the custom Spell notes that came with the orders for them are all just perfect. Especially the spell. I hope my Spirits enjoy it when it finally gets to me.


I'm very glad your spirits are happy to be with you, and I hope your move went well :)

So yeah...just wish more attention was paid or more consideration was taken instead of just blatantly choosing to ship out the wrong size and wasting not only my time, my Keep's time, but other shop staff members times (possibly their own) as well. Live and learn I suppose.


We did make a mistake on the ring size, and we immediately fixed the mistake, and held your package until you wrote to us and said you were okay to have it shipped because of your move.

I wish mistakes didn't happen either, but it is the human element of things, and Nova was trying to fulfill your request for color and was distracted from the size. She admitted that, apologized, and expressed her apology through the helpdesk ticket :)


De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

User avatar
Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

Re: What is your experience buying from CH?

Postby Muse » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:06 am

creepyhollows wrote:
What is your Magic Name Reading:: Personally speaking, I feel this reading was off. Not only did nothing particularly resonate but some of the associations were so opposite that I questioned whether my reading might have gotten messed up with someone else's. I understand that all readings are flawed or should be expected to be flawed in some degree but I expected at least one thing to resonate and overall it just didn't feel worth the money because of that. However I can't get a refund because they did do what I paid them to do, plus I'd feel bad asking anyway even if I was able to get one.


It's important to note that this reading doesn't just take you of present time into account, but it takes you of the future into account as well. What you may find not relevant now, you'll find relevant as you progress in this journey of magic. You aren't always going to be who you are now, you're young and you are going to grow. You are going to learn more about yourself, magic, and the future. You have many years to go as you are just beginning. The fiery breath of youth is going to give way to a greater foundation of strength and patience as you age. Be mindful that most of what you receive in readings is going to encompass your future as you have so much of the future left.

Spelled Items in General:: I have about fifteen or so spelled items from CH. Either bound to vessels or my Spirit. I don't feel anything from them, but I assume this is either because I'm not sensitive enough to or because CH spells possibly don't have as strong or any effect on me as an individual (and I prefer getting C5T3 whenever possible). This is not to say I don't believe that they were cast and have effects, I just don't notice them even after months so I can't justify any future purchases for myself. So I won't be purchasing anymore spells having to do with my spiritual growth specifically. Gifts for my Spirits or my irl friends are still on the table, because CH is very timely and I enjoy knowing which part of the process the seller is on.


It may or may not be based on sensitivity, but as I remarked before, you are growing and you are likely to find growth & evolution in your path. I don't doubt the work we do, or its power, and I'm sure you'll grow into the spells. Not to mention that the magic that complements who you are & where you are in your journey is going to be the most influential for you. You are going to find that spells, magic, spirits, entities, etc all come to you as needed as there are times that certain spells & magic are going to be more influential than others.

Custom Master Vessel with Spells:: I wish I could say something about this vessel but unfortunately there was a miscommunication on the staff side about my ring size (it was in my profile and they never noticed so they tried to mail a size 8 instead of just sending an email...my one and only true gripe here) and they had to rebind it.

I'm going through a move so I have to wait an extra week or two to receive it on top of the eleven or so days it took to prepare. The good news is that the Caberra and Bronwyn angel did let me know they were around, that, or I'm crazy. So I have been enjoying time with them albeit off and on because I'm so busy.

I remember ordering the MV days and days before the trip because I so badly wanted to have all my Spirits and Spells in one vessel so I wouldn't have to be apart from their vessels until my ring came. I suppose next time not only will I state all necessary information in my profile, but in the notes of the order AND the extra customer notes in my profile, as well as explicitly specifying not to ship anything until one hundred percent sure it's what I paid for. A bit bossy sounding maybe, but hopefully it'll prevent careless decisions in the future.


There wasn't any carelessness in your master vessel. I'm really surprised about this thread considering the overwhelming positive interaction you had with Nova and Juno. Nova wasn't careless, she was trying to pick a vessel she thought you would like and she was focused more on the color and didn't realize that she chose the wrong size. It was an oversight and it wasn't anything that was done out of disrespect, carelessness, or intentional provocation.

It did take 7 business day for the order to be completed, but that's not unusual given we usually have 7-10 business day for order turnaround. You did ask us to hold the package because you were moving, so the additional time it took to get to you isn't because of any other reason than you were moving & we weren't going to ship to your old address, or to your new address before you could get the package.

The other piece of good news aside from my Spirits being dolls is that I am actually moving closer to what still might be CH's base of operations so I might get it sooner once I'm down there.

More on the brighter side of things, they paid attention to my color request of something black (they chose Agate) and would have been right on time if not for the mix up. Also the two custom Spirits and the custom Spell notes that came with the orders for them are all just perfect. Especially the spell. I hope my Spirits enjoy it when it finally gets to me.


I'm very glad your spirits are happy to be with you, and I hope your move went well :)

So yeah...just wish more attention was paid or more consideration was taken instead of just blatantly choosing to ship out the wrong size and wasting not only my time, my Keep's time, but other shop staff members times (possibly their own) as well. Live and learn I suppose.


We did make a mistake on the ring size, and we immediately fixed the mistake, and held your package until you wrote to us and said you were okay to have it shipped because of your move.

I wish mistakes didn't happen either, but it is the human element of things, and Nova was trying to fulfill your request for color and was distracted from the size. She admitted that, apologized, and expressed her apology through the helpdesk ticket :)


I'll keep the information as far as the readings and Spells in mind. Hopefully time will tell, until then, a few of the members have given me some tips as far as getting closer and more connected with spells so I'm hoping doing those exercises help me learn a little quicker.

As for Nova and Juno, I have no personal qualms with them. When I wrote the original post I hadn't had a response yet. So I wasn't sure what was going to happen or when it could be shipped. I was only writing my current experience and planned to update once I received the vessel.

In short, the Two of them have been very patient with me. As far as my accusations of carelessness, it seemed at the time careless to ignore information that would be generally assumed the first thing to look at. As it designates which rings/colors are available to the client - unless they aren't organized by size but by color? I dunno, I'm just a person - anyway, This is not to say I'm unhappy that the two of them (and others possibly) paid so much attention to the color. I did note that I was very happy with it.

At the end of the day, they did what they could and then some. So I'm happy with the end results. Hopefully when I get ahold of it I can write a proper review.



User avatar
Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

Re: What is your experience buying from CH?

Postby Muse » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 am

creepyhollows wrote:I wish mistakes didn't happen either, but it is the human element of things, and Nova was trying to fulfill your request for color and was distracted from the size. She admitted that, apologized, and expressed her apology through the helpdesk ticket :)


Oh also I forgot to write this due to multi-tasking as I typed, but I wasn't necessarily upset about the mistake itself but the choice in not asking me my ring size before deciding to bind or mail the item. Luckily I was able to get ahold of someone and have it fixed without having to mail it back and wasting even more time, but - - - and correct me if I'm wrong here - - - I don't think it's too much to ask for an email to ask my size instead of binding to a wrong size and then having to rebind. It seems to be more time consuming and effort for the people in shop than just sending an email and getting an answer to make sure the mistake isn't made, no?

If I'm wrong and that is too much effort, I'm sorry for making the suggestion but to me, it felt as if something was blatantly overlooked because of that choice to not confirm, and not because of the mistake in and of itself.

But as I said in the other post, at the end of the day, it's luckily been fixed. So I have no further complaints. Just a hope that this sort of thing won't happen. This is the age of technology after all, double checking and getting confirmation can be done in as little time as five minutes! :D



User avatar
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 14623
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:53 pm
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: What is your experience buying from CH?

Postby Magnolia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:59 pm

Oh also I forgot to write this due to multi-tasking as I typed, but I wasn't necessarily upset about the mistake itself but the choice in not asking me my ring size before deciding to bind or mail the item. Luckily I was able to get ahold of someone and have it fixed without having to mail it back and wasting even more time, but - - - and correct me if I'm wrong here - - - I don't think it's too much to ask for an email to ask my size instead of binding to a wrong size and then having to rebind. It seems to be more time consuming and effort for the people in shop than just sending an email and getting an answer to make sure the mistake isn't made, no?


This is why we have a very extensive profile area to be utilized to not only tell us your preferred vessel, but the top 3 preferred vessels, a range of ring sizes, and detailed information. This way it keeps an order from being delayed a few days or a week while information is sought from the customer about something like a ring size.

I did hear your ticket this morning when Nova read it aloud for herself & Juno, and I don't think this was necessarily a "weakness", I think we provide more outlets for customers to give us information than most sites. You have an extensive profile area, you have a "NOTES" area on almost every listing, and then there is an order notes section when you check out. In addition to that we also have a Helpdesk system where you can contact us immediately if you realize you have forgotten to provide a ring size.

I agree that Nova should have emailed you about the ring size, but again, she went through everything we had trying to find something in black that she thought you would like and overlooked the size. However, it's just as easily overlooked when someone forgets to provide a ring size. I would chalk that to human error and not a fundamental issue with the business.

In the end, I'm glad it was resolved, as it should be, because you have to wear the vessel and be happy with it <3


De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

User avatar
Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

Re: What is your experience buying from CH?

Postby Muse » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm

creepyhollows wrote:This is why we have a very extensive profile area to be utilized to not only tell us your preferred vessel, but the top 3 preferred vessels, a range of ring sizes, and detailed information. This way it keeps an order from being delayed a few days or a week while information is sought from the customer about something like a ring size.


I'll be sure to add in my customer notes that I'd rather wait an extra week or two for what I paid for than receive the second or third best option.

creepyhollows wrote:I did hear your ticket this morning when Nova read it aloud for herself & Juno, and I don't think this was necessarily a "weakness"


I'm glad she and Juno got the letter. I think they as individuals deserve praise for bearing with me. That said, I disagree with you as far as not having extra precautions in place to avoid a basic mishap from happening - - - it is indeed a weakness in your system, how you do things as a business. A business is always capable of improving, I'm not insulting it so much as pointing it out for the future, and taking precautions myself to avoid it in case it's never solved system-wise. You always say you're open to suggestions - This is nothing more, nothing less.

The only reason I sent a letter to Nova and Juno through the help desk aside from the reasons stated in the letter itself, is because I felt they deserved to know what I was actually upset about. It certainly wasn't them.

creepyhollows wrote:I think we provide more outlets for customers to give us information than most sites.


I agree, you have a range of information to give, but having a range of information doesn't prevent mistakes as you've clearly seen, which is why most sites don't need that range of information to be able to allow sellers or whoever's in charge of the product in question to send emails. In fact, people in small shops on Etsy or Ebay have sent me from as little as one email to double confirm information on my address to five in order to ask for specifics on a piece of custom jewelry or clothing I've ordered. I see no reason as to why CH cannot implement some sort of business model that calls for double checking. I'll go one step further and say that this is just a logical step, versus what your current apparent business model, mailing an item without all the proper info.

creepyhollows wrote:You have an extensive profile area, you have a "NOTES" area on almost every listing, and then there is an order notes section when you check out. In addition to that we also have a Helpdesk system where you can contact us immediately if you realize you have forgotten to provide a ring size.


You're right, we do. I unfortunately assumed my profile which had all my information save color would be more than good enough. As you said before it boasts an array of information for those working on the order. I was mistaken in trusting the information to he reviewed. Oops I guess?

Also, I don't think it's fair that the customer in general need stress themselves over reaching HD before the package is sent. What if I hadn't seen that order confirmed email right away? What if it had already been shipped while I was prepping for a move? What if you had a member who was on a business trip and wouldn't be back for a week or more? There's so many inconvenient occurrences that could happen that would result in a bad experience and in these cases, it could all be fixed with a simple, "Hey how ya doing?"

I understand CH is busy, and big, and you take pride in both --- but I also understand what good customer service is, which is why in the end I thanked Nova and Juno, but I stand by my opinion that the small flaws in the system could be improved. The weakness, as you would. The fact that CH only has smaller ones is probably something to be proud of as well. No site is perfect, no one is perfect.

creepyhollows wrote:I agree that Nova should have emailed you about the ring size, but again, she went through everything we had trying to find something in black that she thought you would like and overlooked the size.


And she's a sweetheart for that. Don't you normally have two people working on orders and switching them around? I distinctly remember someone named Mortimer also working on the order? Was her perhaps overseeing it or did he just approve it and then not really have much to do with the process itself? Asking purely out of curiosity if there is an overseer to double check things at shop if not with customers.

creepyhollows wrote:However, it's just as easily overlooked when someone forgets to provide a ring size. I would chalk that to human error and not a fundamental issue with the business.


Taking precautions for the prevention of basic errors, be it human or otherwise, is a good step to improve a business. Especially if it's an error that can be so easily fixed with either someone double checking at the shop itself or in an email to the customer. There's really no other way around this other than,

A) You agreeing and looking towards improving.

B) You disagreeing and saying your shop needs no such improvement on that level, which I disagree with as all things can be improved no matter what it is, and we can both just pleasantly disagree like the awesome adults we are.

creepyhollows wrote:In the end, I'm glad it was resolved, as it should be, because you have to wear the vessel and be happy with it <3


Trust me, as am I.



User avatar
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 14623
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:53 pm
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: What is your experience buying from CH?

Postby Magnolia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Ishvala, I applaud that you are a very engaging individual, and that you are open and always looking for ways to help other improve, but there are somethings that are being lost in translation.

CH and the people who work here, are one in the same. We're not a big, faceless corporation, we're a small shop made up of individuals who are all very passionate about what we do. I know that each of us feels personally invested in the work we do, so when we make a mistake we want to learn from it, and move forward for the better. Whether it's Ash & I in the supernatural aspect of what we do, or Nova, Juno, Mortimer, and the rest of the Creepy Crew in their responsibilities. We love helpful criticism, and at the same time we like the opportunity to address it, because we're people, not just a faceless website.

Taking precautions for the prevention of basic errors, be it human or otherwise, is a good step to improve a business. Especially if it's an error that can be so easily fixed with either someone double checking at the shop itself or in an email to the customer.


I appreciate this insight, but we've been doing this for nearly 20 years. There's many reasons our site is still here and it's not because we take things flippantly or carelessly. We're always taking precautions to prevent errors and making things better. I don't know what your business background is, but any business can try to prevent as many mistakes as possible, but they will still happen. We try to make vessel mistakes as slight as possible.

Obviously Ash & I are meticulous in our work, because we have to be. We've been doing this a long time and we know that focus and dedication is extremely important, because the supernatural is something you can't be careless about. We put many, many measures into the work we do on the magic, spirits, entities, spells, etc side of things. Those measures are double, triple, quadruple checked, because they are the essence of what we do and the seriousness of that work outweighs other mistakes that are annoying but not as measured, like vessel mishaps.

Also, I don't think it's fair that the customer in general need stress themselves over reaching HD before the package is sent. What if I hadn't seen that order confirmed email right away? What if it had already been shipped while I was prepping for a move? What if you had a member who was on a business trip and wouldn't be back for a week or more? There's so many inconvenient occurrences that could happen that would result in a bad experience and in these cases, it could all be fixed with a simple, "Hey how ya doing?"


Of course no one wants to do that, but we have 10 or more tickets daily for people wanting to add freebies they forgot to add, switch vessels types or sizes, change a request they made, etc. It's not unusual at all for that to happen. I don't know if you've ever worked for a place that takes orders online, but customers writing in because they forgot something isn't unusual. Ideally, when we see you forget something we contact you, and that does happen, but it doesn't always happen when someone forgets to put a ring size or add a freebie, etc. If you forget to add a detail to your order, it's not unfathomable that likewise there are times we miss the chance to contact you. Obviously it adds time to your order when we have to contact you, wait for a response, and then start the work after the response is received. It's not ideal, but mistakes happen on both sides.

We consistently email customers about missing information on their order, about confusing or partially-typed order notes, forgetting to choose a vessel at all, not choosing a shipping option, etc. We try to be diligent, and sometimes we'll email a customer several times over a period of a week or two just to get an answer, and sometimes they never respond, in which case we make the best decision possible on the information given, and send a note telling them if they are not happy with the decision to contact us and we will be happy to make an exchange.

There's always room for improvement, but at the same time you can improve things 100 times, but a mistake when it comes to choosing vessels, and something simple like a ring size can be overlooked. Which is why we improved the site and added the detailed customer profile.

Then we improved again and added customer notes boxes.

Then we improved again and added the original Helpdesk software, which has been improved upon in no less than 7 incarnations.

In fact, the entire website is undergoing a massive improvement which will be launched in various releases over the next year.

Anyone who has been around CH for any length of time knows we never stop improving.

I don't recall saying we aren't looking for ways to improve. If that were the case this site would still look like it did almost 20 years ago LOL Everyone is always improving, and we are always looking for ways to improve every aspect of the site, but at the same time I think something here that was simple human error on a ring size is going to happen from time-to-time. It's frustrating, it's annoying, it's a learning experience, but human error, robot error, software error, they are all things that happen.

I understand CH is busy, and big, and you take pride in both --- but I also understand what good customer service is, which is why in the end I thanked Nova and Juno, but I stand by my opinion that the small flaws in the system could be improved. The weakness, as you would. The fact that CH only has smaller ones is probably something to be proud of as well. No site is perfect, no one is perfect.


We are, and we are extremely proud of our work. Not just myself & Ash, but every person who works for us is extremely passionate about their work and they take any mistakes they make personally. I know because I've seen how upset they get with themselves when they make any mistake; whether it's a bonehead error or forgetting something important in a customer notes, like instructions.

Even in situations where things are double-checked and triple-checked that human error is still something that happens. I've apologized and still apogolize, Juno apologized, Nova apologized, and every single one of us has also acknowledge the ring size issue, corrected it, and all of us have acknowledged there's always room for improvement. But, how do you improve human error? It's going to happen. This is why we improved and added a customer profile.

The only reason I sent a letter to Nova and Juno through the help desk aside from the reasons stated in the letter itself, is because I felt they deserved to know what I was actually upset about. It certainly wasn't them.


Nova said it was her, because she made the mistake. She said she told you there are measures in place for those mishaps, and Juno said she did too, but it happened, and she felt bad. Nova said it wasn't any other reason than she chose a ring that was the wrong size. So the first thing she said when she read the ticket and your post is, "it was me though, I'm the one who picked the ring".

I don't blame Nova or Juno for feeling hurt because they felt it was resolved, but it wasn't really resolved on your end, which is fine, I understand why you're upset. You have to feel comfortable with what you receive, and you deserve to receive exactly what you pay for, there's no arguing that. You were still upset, and I know that they would have rather known that in the tickets and addressed it with you, then to think it was fine and then find out it wasn't.

There are many great practices that go into the production and shipping of things here. We handle more than a thousand Helpdesk requests, we handle hundreds of orders, there's going to be simple human mistakes like overlooking a ring size.

We do everything we can to correct a mistake when it happens, and this site is always improving as we are & everyone who works for us. We usually bend over backwards to accommodate anyone who has a problem, but I would say that if you're upset about something to actually discuss it with the people who made the mistake rather than making only a Forum post about it while they think everything is okay. I think it's fair to give the people who made the mistake a chance to rectify it and address it personally.

I find there is always something to be learned in every situation, and all discussions, good or bad. I appreciate the opportunity to hear your grievances and take from it what we can to make things better, and I know Nova & Juno both feel it was a learning experience for them as well.


De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

User avatar
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 7507
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spirit
If I could be anything, I would be...: Anything
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Dawn

Re: What is your experience buying from CH?

Postby darkwing dook » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Ishvala wrote: There's really no other way around this other than,

A) You agreeing and looking towards improving.

B) You disagreeing and saying your shop needs no such improvement on that level, which I disagree with as all things can be improved no matter what it is, and we can both just pleasantly disagree like the awesome adults we are.

There are MANY ways around this. False dilemma is not a nice fallacy, quite manipulative actually.


"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

User avatar
Catgirl2
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:25 am
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!

Re: What is your experience buying from CH?

Postby Catgirl2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Can I add my experience with this? I had where I made a spell purchase & I was given a vessel that was the exact same one that was given for a prior to another spell I had-both spells were used for protection-but it's ok by be because regardless it was a perfect choice! If I had any concerns or doubts I would either leave a comment when I make the purchase, contact help desk, or choose I have my own vessel if there is a vessel I have in mind & I can get it on my own or already have! I had purchased a few gemstone pendants awhile back to be used as potential vessels just incase there is something specific I was going to need for a spell or spirit!



User avatar
Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

Re: What is your experience buying from CH?

Postby Muse » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:35 pm

creepyhollows wrote:Ishvala, I applaud that you are a very engaging individual, and that you are open and always looking for ways to help other improve, but there are somethings that are being lost in translation.


Engaging is certainly a word for it!
I'll be the first, or I guess with your quote second, to admit that while I always aim for the best course I usually falter in hitting my target due to...an over zealous nature? Prideful ambition? Just pride in general? I swear it's my fatal flaw. Point is, I agree with you there. One hundred percent. Both in your word choice and the ultimately predictable end result.

creepyhollows wrote:I appreciate this insight, but we've been doing this for nearly 20 years. There's many reasons our site is still here


I'm fully aware. You say this a lot when speaking with people about most anything they disagree about. I'm not questioning the value or experience of your site or your people. I'm just suggesting there be confirmation emails more often...or more cautionary efforts all around. For members.

The only thing I as a singular member can do is add bucket loads of information in my notes with every purchase and hope it doesn't happen again, but what of other members who don't see these reviews? Who don't take extra precautions themselves? I'm just trying to look out for others. It has nothing to do with me on a personal level anymore. That's why I wrote the review. If I wanted to keep it personal I wouldn't have bothered.


creepyhollows wrote:I don't know if you've ever worked for a place that takes orders online, but customers writing in because they forgot something isn't unusual.


I'd assume this is basic knowledge anyone who's ever bought or sold from a shop would know.


creepyhollows wrote:Ideally, when we see you forget something we contact you, and that does happen, but it doesn't always happen when someone forgets to put a ring size or add a freebie, etc. If you forget to add a detail to your order, it's not unfathomable that likewise there are times we miss the chance to contact you. Obviously it adds time to your order when we have to contact you, wait for a response, and then start the work after the response is received. It's not ideal, but mistakes happen on both sides.


You're either missing my point, or giving an example to something that leads to a point of yours that I'm not quite understanding...

creepyhollows wrote:We consistently email customers about missing information on their order, about confusing or partially-typed order notes, forgetting to choose a vessel at all, not choosing a shipping option, etc. We try to be diligent, and sometimes we'll email a customer several times over a period of a week or two just to get an answer, and sometimes they never respond, in which case we make the best decision possible on the information given, and send a note telling them if they are not happy with the decision to contact us and we will be happy to make an exchange.


If it was consistent and, by that definition generally speaking nonstop, which means it'd be expected of your team, then this wouldn't happen. Not to me, or the member or two above me who have had similar issues. Consistent implies any amount of communication was made beforehand, which it wasn't and to my knowledge isn't, hence my complaint.


creepyhollows wrote:There's always room for improvement, but at the same time you can improve things 100 times, but a mistake when it comes to choosing vessels, and something simple like a ring size can be overlooked. Which is why we improved the site and added the detailed customer profile.


The sizing of a vessel is arguably kind of important in the grand scheme of things. Especially when the caster isn't the one having to pick it out...

creepyhollows wrote:In fact, the entire website is undergoing a massive improvement which will be launched in various releases over the next year.


Super excited for that by the way. Can't wait to see more functionality in the site.

creepyhollows wrote:but at the same time I think something here that was simple human error on a ring size is going to happen from time-to-time. It's frustrating, it's annoying, it's a learning experience, but human error, robot error, software error, they are all things that happen.


Agreed. I'm not arguing that they don't happen, I'm arguing that given the information available as well as the resources it shouldn't have happened, and hopefully it'll happen less in the future with precautions. Such as emails. It's really not that big of a complaint all things considered.

creepyhollows wrote:Even in situations where things are double-checked and triple-checked that human error is still something that happens.


If it was double checked or triple checked chances are they would have seen the information. If it was double checked or triple checked with me via email I'd have happily given the information. It was neither. That is my complaint, which is related to how the team does things as a whole, because it leads me to believe there is no set rule for double or triple checking or emailing the customer to confirm the order is right before shipment. My complaint is towards this lacking, not on the team's lacking, but the lacking of what set of steps the team follows to ensure the product is correct. Since they pick out items and sizes and do not spend days or weeks conjuring, casting, etc I see no reason as to why issuing quick confirmation emails would be difficult. It could even be automated at the end of each completed order for the person to respond to, which is even less than five minutes for the team.

In short, there are many ways to make it as quick, painless, and ensure quality. Most of which requires less than a minute or two. I'm not asking for anything other than considering the system and where it is now, and how it can be improved.

creepyhollows wrote:I've apologized and still apogolize, Juno apologized, Nova apologized, and every single one of us has also acknowledge the ring size issue, corrected it, and all of us have acknowledged there's always room for improvement. But, how do you improve human error? It's going to happen. This is why we improved and added a customer profile.


I'm aware. I don't want apologies, albeit I do appreciate them. I want acknowledgement of the bigger issue. Hence the review.

creepyhollows wrote:Nova said it was her, because she made the mistake. She said she told you there are measures in place for those mishaps, and Juno said she did too, but it happened, and she felt bad. Nova said it wasn't any other reason than she chose a ring that was the wrong size. So the first thing she said when she read the ticket and your post is, "it was me though, I'm the one who picked the ring".


Nova needs cookies and a hug.
I say that unscarcastically, that's my thing to do for people when their sad. I'm weird. But no, on a serious note, it's not the ring. It's the system. The ring made me aware of the system. And for clarification, when I say system I mean the steps expected to be taken and/or confirmation services in place. Not, like, the actual code of the site.

creepyhollows wrote:I don't blame Nova or Juno for feeling hurt because they felt it was resolved,


It was resolved. See above.

creepyhollows wrote:but it wasn't really resolved on your end, which is fine, I understand why you're upset.


Should I have said all this in suggestions instead? I felt it would have been severely out of context if I did, as it would have turned into a review post anyway.


creepyhollows wrote:I would say that if you're upset about something to actually discuss it with the people who made the mistake rather than making only a Forum post about it while they think everything is okay.


I wrote a review of my experience before their response to my email, and then I proceeded to say why I felt the way I did, why I felt there needed to be improvement, and suggestions of ways to improve. I do not think this is just "only a forum post". I did address both Juno and Nova. Once in the letter, and once with a short response when they confirmed they could mail it to a new address after fixing it. They are no longer in any way related to this conversation unless they personally want to take blame even after doing all they can and if that's the case, please for the love of the Gods hug them or something. They're worrying too much.

Also I'm worried for them.

creepyhollows wrote:I think it's fair to give the people who made the mistake a chance to rectify it and address it personally.


I did. They fixed it.

creepyhollows wrote:I find there is always something to be learned in every situation, and all discussions, good or bad. I appreciate the opportunity to hear your grievances and take from it what we can to make things better, and I know Nova & Juno both feel it was a learning experience for them as well.


I appreciate the opportunity to speak with you as well. In the end, I'm not sure if it'll make much of a difference, but it's nice to be able to disagree with an admin without getting my head chopped off for it. As odd as that sounds. Trust me when I say it's a compliment.

darkwing dook wrote:There are MANY ways around this. False dilemma is not a nice fallacy, quite manipulative actually.


Wait, what? XD
God forbid I suggest we disagree and move on or reach agreement and improve.

The option of agreement and improvements or disagreement and acceptance of that disagreement is hardly something I'd call manipulation. They're just two general statements that explain how most every conversation or debate ends. You painting it as anything else is what I'd personally call manipulation lol.




Return to “Creepy Hollows Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests