Video: 10 Folklore Creatures with 2 beings we haven't heard of before

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Discuss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_xO8E558Sk

The 2 beings new to most of us in the video would probably be:

Kuri - (Sounds highly lethal and inherently malevolent. Could it be BA?) Found at https://youtu.be/b_xO8E558Sk?t=154 of the video.

Tommyknockers - (Although the mining noises encounters were dismissed by the narrator there are more valid examples cited, in which spelunkers hear tapping sounds deep in the caves and follow them to be led deeper or worse like get stuck in somewhere they cannot get out from.) Can be found in https://youtu.be/b_xO8E558Sk?t=526 of the video, third creature talked about.

Are these two malicious spirits? Maybe it would be good if they could add some Encyclopedia entries for them.

16:52 also describes a live encounter with a 'kelpie' in which a person almost drowned. They encountered what supposedly looked like a 'pony' in a dreamlike state, and unknowingly in the 'waking world' at the same time 'sleepwalked' into a body of water, falling unconscious afterwards to be pulled out by their grandmother. The boy then recounted what he saw that made him want to 'follow' in a certain state.

New info: Its said that merely discussing skinwalkers can attract their attention, is it true? They do not merely exist in America but there have been sightings of skinwalker-like beings in Australia as well so just a reminder.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

-Its believed that Tommyknockers are responsible for the deaths of many miners, and today harm spelunkers by luring them to go deeper or where they will get stuck.

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Once I start watching these videos I can't stop, seriously xD
but I think there are still so many spirits and entities out there, that we haven't heard of yet. The two you found there are new to me as well and they do sound BA but I think they could also be very dark DA, since both are able to kill a human and can delight in mental torture. Have you heard of the Each Uisge? They're similar to Kelpies but far more sinister and still on the very dark DA side. So it's all really hard to tell.

You attract a lot of beings attention when discussing them or mentioning their name. That's why there are still so many warnings out there to not play with the fire by calling them out I guess ;)

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

MidnightMusings wrote:Once I start watching these videos I can't stop, seriously xD
but I think there are still so many spirits and entities out there, that we haven't heard of yet. The two you found there are new to me as well and they do sound BA but I think they could also be very dark DA, since both are able to kill a human and can delight in mental torture. Have you heard of the Each Uisge? They're similar to Kelpies but far more sinister and still on the very dark DA side. So it's all really hard to tell.

You attract a lot of beings attention when discussing them or mentioning their name. That's why there are still so many warnings out there to not play with the fire by calling them out I guess ;)
I'm just curious because I've read books with many creatures' or certain beings' name types listed in them written by people in the past. Is this why you might feel fear after discussing certain beings, did you watch the part on tommyknockers and have any opinions on the stuff said?: https://www.legendsofamerica.com/gh-tommyknockers/

I haven't been attacked yet from mentioning any beings' names and discussing fortunately besides as far as I can remember which was in my childhood by something in a state that is either real or dream. Maybe I'm already well protected because of crosses and living close to a religious place or something else about me?

For skinwalkers somebody theorized that they 'shapeshift' in the physical by making you 'hallucinate' that they have taken another form when they 'haven't' physically. I heard discussing those draws their attention though but luckily I'm not in the US, unless they're a problem here too.

I think the 'strigoi' found in Romania during modern times was actually a 'revenant' as written in the topic of the day forums.

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Yes I watched it and honestly, I do believe there's some kind of truth to it. Also in the matter of today, as humans don't have to do such dangerous stuff as working in a mine anymore, the beings have to find other ways (if they want so) to lure them away and trap them.

Haha well they would've a bunch to attack if they really wanted to, since a lot of people discuss them today without the worry that something could happen. I can't say how this works but some are lucky, whilst others might get a big problem. And faith, or crosses do not always help. Concerning the skin walkers, I thought they can be everywhere but have certain spots where they are sighted frequently, which is the US. Why should they stay at one place all the time and not travel to other countries as well? If I was one of them I'd like to see more of the world lol but that's just me.

And I agree on the strigoi.

Return to “Folklore & Legends”