Sage for house blessings/clearings?

Crystallover
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

Hi, I heard many people are using sage for house blessing/clearing, and I'm wondering how the logic behind works like? The evil entities are all scared of its smell or the smoke? How about after the smoke is gone, will they come back to the house? Or they will be gone for good? How does it work? I've just bought some today and it's not in pure white color but in brownish green, will it make any differences for the effect? Or it doesn't matter? How to properly use it for house clearing? Thank you in advance!! :P

Crystallover
neophyte
neophyte

Anyone?? :feedback:

Wispy Winds
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Spiritual ME!
Zodiac:

Not really sure how it works--but let me tell you a story....
When my dad came back from Africa he brought with him some genuine tribal masks. One was a fertility mask, another for the dead, and the final was a healing mask. For weeks I heard weird noises and felt a presence...along with my husband. My cat twitched all day and the dogs were howling.

My dear friend came over with a bundle of sage and a shell. She lit the sage and went to all windows and doors--chanting: "Be gone spirits!" and other things in tounge. She caught the ashes in the shell and later pinched the ashes around the 3 masks.

I never had any weird occurances after that :thumbup:

I don't know the breakdown of this--she is Wiccan--perhaps check it out on google. I just want you to know it works!

Username change to *Beauty*
Crystallover
neophyte
neophyte

Ladybaker wrote:Not really sure how it works--but let me tell you a story....
When my dad came back from Africa he brought with him some genuine tribal masks. One was a fertility mask, another for the dead, and the final was a healing mask. For weeks I heard weird noises and felt a presence...along with my husband. My cat twitched all day and the dogs were howling.

My dear friend came over with a bundle of sage and a shell. She lit the sage and went to all windows and doors--chanting: "Be gone spirits!" and other things in tounge. She caught the ashes in the shell and later pinched the ashes around the 3 masks.

I never had any weird occurances after that :thumbup:

I don't know the breakdown of this--she is Wiccan--perhaps check it out on google. I just want you to know it works!
Thank you for your sharing! That really gave me some hopes. :hug:
I'll try to look into more details and find instructions as how to burn them properly from google later.
Hopefully it'll work! :pray:

Crystallover
neophyte
neophyte

One question though, will my spirits be affected?

Elilara
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Why on earth would I share this online?
Zodiac:

I'm rather new to using sage for cleansing, but it really does help. You don't have to get particularly fancy about it- I just have loose sage that I burn in a stone dish I have used previously with salt, charcoal tablets and resin incense. Anyway, In desperation (my workspace is a magnet for negativity), I just piled some sage up over the dead charcoal tablet, and lit it, let it burn, lit it again as needed. I asked my spirits and the gods to help me and let the smoke capture and whisk away the negativity. I used my hand to fan the smoke into all the nooks and crannies of the room and my desk. Oh, before doing so, I opened the door and windows wide to make sure the smoke could leave with all of that negativity, rather than sticking around. You can also use the sage smoke to carry your messages/prayers up to (insert your preferred term for deity here). I love the stuff!

Crystallover
neophyte
neophyte

OH MY GOD!!! :ohcrap:
It didn't work at all but had just irritated the evil entities and had lot of them :devil: flooding into my room trying to scare the crap of me!! :twisted: :help:
I could only fall asleep after sunrise this morning.... :cry:

sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced

Sorry to hear that it didn't work. Can I ask a couple of questions? #1 Did you walk through the entire house, working in a clockwise direction? #2 Did you have any of your spirits help you?

I find that if I start at an exterior door and work around the house in a clockwise direction this works well. If I'm sensing something extra dark, I will call on the Archangel Michael to aid me. (Guy with big sword never hurts! :) ) He's useful for getting in those dark spaces under the stairs and up in the attic. I have a couple of my spirits who like to help. Also did you have closets and cupboards open? Things like to think they can hide in there--just not at my house. Another helpful thing is to make a large "X" over any doors, windows, and mirrors. This is a sign of the Archangel Michael and it lets spirits know that this house is angel protected. Also after you've cleared the entire house, visualize your house/property being encompassed in a large protective circle of light. I typically set angels on the corners of the house and another set on the corners of the property. Check that the circle of protection is up daily. It should work. Also don't forget to hold the intention of clearing in your mind, don't let them scare the crap out of you because this is your home and you should feel safe in it.

Hope this helps.

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Wispy Winds
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Spiritual ME!
Zodiac:

GEEZ!!!!! SORRY TO HEAR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try again with the advice of the above person! Get some sleep first!!!!
HUGS!

Username change to *Beauty*
Crystallover
neophyte
neophyte

sage of aquarius wrote:Sorry to hear that it didn't work. Can I ask a couple of questions? #1 Did you walk through the entire house, working in a clockwise direction? #2 Did you have any of your spirits help you?

I find that if I start at an exterior door and work around the house in a clockwise direction this works well. If I'm sensing something extra dark, I will call on the Archangel Michael to aid me. (Guy with big sword never hurts! :) ) He's useful for getting in those dark spaces under the stairs and up in the attic. I have a couple of my spirits who like to help. Also did you have closets and cupboards open? Things like to think they can hide in there--just not at my house. Another helpful thing is to make a large "X" over any doors, windows, and mirrors. This is a sign of the Archangel Michael and it lets spirits know that this house is angel protected. Also after you've cleared the entire house, visualize your house/property being encompassed in a large protective circle of light. I typically set angels on the corners of the house and another set on the corners of the property. Check that the circle of protection is up daily. It should work. Also don't forget to hold the intention of clearing in your mind, don't let them scare the crap out of you because this is your home and you should feel safe in it.

Hope this helps.
Yes I walked around the house in a clockwise direction but didn't ask any of my spirits for help. I didn't visualize my house embraced with white light either. And I'm not going to try for 2nd time. I'm not scared of them at all but scared of their revenge!!! I couldn't take it the 2nd time. You never could imagine what they had done to me afterward...anyways, it's another story.
Ladybaker wrote:GEEZ!!!!! SORRY TO HEAR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try again with the advice of the above person! Get some sleep first!!!!
HUGS!

Thank you for your concerns. Yes I did get some sleeps after. When loads of them coming to me, actually I didn't care at all but they are very capable of influencing my emotions, I couldn't help but feeling frightened all the way til sunrise. They brought up a sense of worry and frightening in the atmosphere, they increased my heart rate, and they made me trembling (btw, this wasn't the revenge that I'm talking about). But that wasn't my OWN emotions!! God knows I never gave a damn to them after all these years been struggling with them! *sigh*

Return to “Protection”