What made average everyday ‘medieval humans’ more open to the paranormal?

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:Somebody told me about this and its strongly relevant I think, watching now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBeZnKMKoc0

Why would he care to get to Earth and shapesift in some mare woman so he can seduce some saint? I do think he has other things on his mind, like... rulling Hell. But more importantly, I'm going to give the same answer here as in this other threat of yours: How could we know for real? We can discuss, find out, go on investigations, but... how can we prove it? Playing apostle Thomas now ;-)
I studied the bible or dwelled on it for time years before coming here and it says that Lucifer/Satan is on Earth and not in Hell, plus that he has dominion over it. Plus revelations says that he will be cast in or chained there once 'his time comes' only.[/quote]

* I did delete some text of my quote, or otherwise it's going to be a long reply :p

Your link to that video, I hope it's certainly not taking a whole day to watch this ( like 8 hours? For real?)
Euhm I'm not talking about the devil as described in the Bible. I'm talking about the devil how he is described in this forum. And by those comments that I've read here, I do doubt those medieval accounts of the devil are true.

You know, just today, I was looking out of the window, on the bus, and was seeing all those people walking in the streets, and then I was thinking like... ' the fairies, the leprechauns, the vamps, the dragons, the angels.... maybe there is nothing very ordinairy about them. Unicorns? Maybe they are just a horse with some horn on their heads, like the antilopes and the deers have antlers. Vamps, maybe they are walking in this street, and I just don't recgonise them because I'm expecting sparkling skin in the sun, and red eyes... Faeries? Maybe they are just the butterflies that fly over so fast that we can't see their humanoid faces. Angels... maybe they really look like Castiel from Supernatural.

Maybe the Paranormal is just another form of Normal... and we just have different expectations of it, and that's why we don't recgonise it even if it's even standing right in front of us?

-> Okay, this was some crazy rambling.

But I stay with my original thought: I do doubt the Medieval people were More Open than the people of Today. It's just the same amount.
Those accounts to me seem some fairytale story. Nothing supernatural had to do with it, expect for their own imagination. Nicolas Flames on the other hand was indeed a medieval wizard, that's for sure. :p

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

At the same time what happened when the previous way of life ended for extreme technology everybody from the countryside was evicted off the land they had lived on for generations to be hoarded into cities within mass. It used to be that only those with money could live in cities, people who did business while all the surrounding countryside was for those who were not.

Would this have affected sensitivity to 'the paranormal' or not? The consequences of living in a city? I mean they in reality only make up a very small portion of the Earth's land.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Something else to say or keep in mind. There is this notion in ancient cultures apparently that 'the paranormal' may appear on the other side of natural overhangs you cross. So portals that take you to the wherever basically from some unknown combination of nature's making?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Then again here is the strongest proof, people had visits from entities that messaged or foretold a person's death in paranormal encounters unlike now. It also appeared far more frequently, you could 'see' a banshee inside or outside your house for example when it came.

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

.... I think I've found an answer on this topic's question.

Medieval humans were less scared to embrace the supernatural. For example, my former best friend told my spiritkeeping secret to others, and I was very afraid that someone of my family would hear this. One of the people she told this to, said that I was ridiculous or even crazy... well as thanks, I just send my 42 spirits after my former best friend to haunt her, and make her life a living hell...

Cause in the year 2000 there was a young gothic girl from the USA forced to go to the court, and defend herself, cause people called her a witch?

People are still performing exorcisms. I'm raised a Christian, and that means that most people of my family would think I'm walking the path of the devil if they ever find out I'm into spiritkeeping.

Yes, the witch burning times are far behind us... like 3 centruries. I guess in that time many people forced their third eye to close, and tried to hide their other spiritual nature. The world wars affected our countries big time... and you can still feel the anger/fear. The second World war happened like 80 years ago? How long will it take before those scars totally dissapear?

I guess many still have scars of those witch-trials. And if our anchestors had fear for the paranormal, isn't it logical they will have thought their children to keep silent about it? Their children thought their children... and well somewhere down the line, people stopped believing in it? Because nowadays, as a child you come to learn that fairies/angels/the monster of Loch Ness/ vampires... are just ... fantasy/fantasy.

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Something to note is that some people unknowingly 'trained' their minds to be more aware of and tuned in to, plus feel the BA aspects of the meta more strongly by focusing on 'possible threats coming from it'?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Interesting read on the myth of disenchantment: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnbecket ... t-lie.html

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Something I probably know is this, when there are no photos or videos of places around the world you are less likely to have preconceived notions of those places when you travel to them.

Thus when you get there you get the full experience of the place and perceive instead on first impression. Any ideas?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Something to mention is that medieval humans on average were less ‘empathic’ than modern ones, (or unless the rate would not be as guessed because our use of technology can weaken it from somebody who studied its impacts on brains for the ‘word reading’ part linked to real life reading).

How did medieval humans interact, receive communication or be more open if many were more ‘rough, less empathic’ and other stuff than us on average maybe?

On a server I came into contact somebody who is legit from the countryside and their personality was much less empathic or ‘tougher’ than many of us, as well as highly intelligent for their age maybe slightly exceeding mine almost (Seemed older than they actually were).

Like many medieval people in the countryside were they disliked being ‘too close with strangers’ and preferred to stick to those they know or to themselves (even online mostly).

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

WolfKnight wrote:Something to mention is that medieval humans on average were less ‘empathic’ than modern ones, (or unless the rate would not be as guessed because our use of technology can weaken it from somebody who studied its impacts on brains for the ‘word reading’ part linked to real life reading).

How did medieval humans interact, receive communication or be more open if many were more ‘rough, less empathic’ and other stuff than us on average maybe?

On a server I came into contact somebody who is legit from the countryside and their personality was much less empathic or ‘tougher’ than many of us, as well as highly intelligent for their age maybe slightly exceeding mine almost (Seemed older than they actually were).

Like many medieval people in the countryside were they disliked being ‘too close with strangers’ and preferred to stick to those they know or to themselves (even online mostly).
Medieval humans tended to live within a days travel of a castle. Meaning the majority of them lived close enough to interact much more often. Also empathy and being empathic while not being completely separate ideas are not directly related.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.

Return to “Unsolved Mysteries”