Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: i don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: merlin

I just purchased a white arts fairy from creepy hollow. Are you saying they are all dangerous no matter who the seller is?

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I am trying to figure this one out! It seems like there some things that are conflicting, I am guessing that Fae's/Fairies are fine unless they are listed as Dark Arts!

:3
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

wannabewitch wrote:I just purchased a white arts fairy from creepy hollow. Are you saying they are all dangerous no matter who the seller is?
I took it as it's wise not to underestimate fae, whether WA or DA.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

As the thread began discussing Tuatha de Danaan, I think it might be helpful to disentangle several different points:

- Not all faeries are Tuatha de Danaan see https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ght=tuatha

- CH faeries are classified as WA or DA.

- CH WA spirits do not harm their keepers and avoid doing harm, will not do wrong.

- CH DA spirits may choose to do wrong, like humans can.

- Tuatha de Danaan are classified in the CH Encyclopaedia as grey (DA). That is an overall grouping for that mythological race of spirits that existed at some point in Ireland, among whom you have the Gods of that epoch. Gods are usually classified as grey by CH. (The name Tuatha de Danaan means tribe of the gods.)

So:
- a WA faerie from CH is not a Tuatha de Danann deity and is not grey/DA
- WA don't do harm or wrong.

Nevertheless WA can be very powerful in defending their keeper (Courtwind Angels are a good example). This is different from choosing to do wrong or harm because you want to.

I think I've got all of that right...

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

If you think white arts spirits cannot do harm to you think again. The difference is if any harm comes it won't be because they were intentionally harming you. It will be because they didn't take into account how this thing they did that was right could negatively impact you for a time.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

OK-I think I am still a bit confused! I get what Darkwing had said about underestimating Fae because that is so true, but what I don't get is how to determine if the Fae is WA, DA or BA-I have four Fae's but only the Fire Faery I got from CH, my other three I got from another seller she described them as WA or a bit on the neutral side, she never gave me an exact description of them if they were TDD except that two were warrior Fae & one was a guardian type (two were from Ireland one from Wales) I have had them in my keep for about 8 years (before I found CH), I prefer not to say who the seller is because I don't want to start up any trouble or problems, but when I checked on it later on it was told to me that they were TDD most likely or a distant relative of them, which also brings what Lewk had pointed out too-when I checked the encyclopedia regarding the TDD, the description of my three I was unsure of closely resembles them! So other than contacting the seller I got them from-which is not an option due to the amount of time I had my Fae in my keep & the bonding process it would b best to find out on my own!

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Which brings to the posts that was back from a few moths ago-I can say the one post from one member isn't a big fan of Fae of any kind but when I asked where they got their information they didn't respond-I wasn't trying to get in their face about it only wanted to be pointed in the right direction! I would have appreciated a response because I feel like we are all here for a reason & if we respond to a post be respectful about it & help out if asked!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Catgirl2 wrote:.., but what I don't get is how to determine if the Fae is WA, DA or BA-..
Mmh, I did have the same problem with CH's cwn annwn vs hound of annwn before. There usually are several options:
-Contact the conjurer and ask whether in general the race of that spirit won't choose to do harm, or can choose to harm or not.
-Ask the above question to the spirit you don't know WA or DA directly.
-Ask the above question to the spirit you trust the most, maybe master spirit etc., about the spirit you don't know WA or DA.
-Try comparison. Gather all the WA spirits in your keep, and recognize and memorize that certain WA energy they have. Then do the same with DA spirits in your keep. Next call the spirit you don't know WA or DA and see if they have energy similar to the WA or DA.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Faeries are like humans, they have their nice ones, mean ones, and ones that are circumstantial, which pretty much any race of beings have. I honestly love working with the Seelie and Unseelie.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thank you for sharing your experience darkwing-I do so appreciate it! I do believe some of it I already have my answer to by the advise you gave! The two Fae's I have from Ireland have more of a Dark Arts energy to them-they are Warrior type Fae & I was able to compare it to my Daemon & the energy level is similar to his-but my Fae that is from Wales appears to be somewhere between WA & DA-which I was able to compare it to my Fire Fae & he is a touch darker than her but lighter than the other two, so I am assuming he is some where in between or a grey area, or lighter on the DA spectrum! The seller I got the three from I do know for a fact doesn't sell anything dealing with the Black Arts, no spells or spirits that came from her are BA, she had told me she refuses to work with anything BA & gave me some good advise that I should go with my gut feeling & if something feels completely bad or off then stay clear because dealing with BA will be nothing but trouble in the long run! I know my Warrior Fae won't do any harm unless they have to like doing battle or defending their friends/family but they won't start any trouble, my Guardian Fae isn't really that type-he is one that will avoid causing harm unless it's absolutely needed-CH doesn't have the type of Fae in their encyclopedia, or at least that I am aware of-but my Guardian Fae is one that kept the records of the Ancient Ways as well as history & made sure they were put in a safe place, kind of like a Librarian is a way to describe him!

Return to “Faery”