You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 99
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal Hestia
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello hollowites!

Does it it wasn't matter what class I get a dark arts spirit? (My first one.) I know they can cause bad luck and physical side effects is it more intense the higher the class?

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Keeper of: 7 angels, 1 Phoenix, 5 faeries, 1 Hippogryph, 1 Gryphon, 1 amphisbaena, 1 Volk, 1 Fylgia, 1 Duojna, 1 hippocampus, 1 arkan sonney, 2 dragons, 1 unicorn, 1 nixie.

Coming soon: Nephilim, Gargoyle, human spirit, Arkann sonney, woodland fae, several surprise reverse adoptions!
AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 52
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep

Hmmm I guess it depends on how well you deal with DA...my first da spirit I got moody, cried and got bit on the butt by a bug all in the same day xD hahaha but after that the energy calmed down. Now I handle DA energy perfectly fine and nothing crazy happens. They just give me interesting dreams to show me they’re here : ) my first DA was my vampire spirit and he was the 1 cent spirit so he was a class 4. The class is more so how strong their energy will come across I believe. I say if you want to get a high class. It’s not gautunteed that you’ll experience anything negative, but if you do just kinda laugh it off, that’s what I did xD good luck

D(Bronwyn Angel)A(Sterling Angel)N(Merman)Y(Sanguine Vampire)D(Courtwind Angel)N(Courtwind Angel)F(Fallow Dragon)H(Moss Dragon)F(Gregori)D(Red Demon entity)K(custom kitsune alpha)A(Seraphim Angel entity)Z(slime girl alpha)S(micro bug girl)M(fallen angel)M(Demon-Neb Djinn) L and J(werewolves)J(Concuan)R(DemonVampire)P(Fallen angel entity)R(Succubus Queen)M(Vampire Prince)E(Incubus)D(nympho)
3 spirit guides,DionysisDelinquent(A)ElementalDemon(A)

~Knowledge is at my fingertips~
Ryla
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 58

For some, it can be. I'd suggest trying up to a Class 5 and see how the adjustment period goes for you. You can always get the Dynamic Class Binding or the Recapture Bag at a later stage if you want to change the class.

nuriko
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hmm
Zodiac:

Hmm, I'm getting my first C5 DA.. today actually. As long as you set house rules (I asked my current companions to let new companions know all about the house rules, lol.) you should be fine. Couple of my rules that everyone has to follow is that no one interacts with friends/family unless it's for their protection and no one is to interfere negatively with me physically, emotionally, or mentally. These stand unless it's said or mentioned otherwise or unless I decide to change something (and this is also a house rule: rules could be changed, removed, or added, but as long as they're on the list, they must be abided by).

I've heard of DA's acting out and breaking rules though.. if this ever does happen, a stern talking to should do the trick along with letting them know what rule they broke and they shouldn't break rules. The CH crew lists ways in the encyclopedia to subdue your DA spirits if they absolutely get out of control and you just cannot get them to behave right. I honestly wouldn't do that unless I felt like I really, really had to.

- WA C4 Hippogryph "P"
- WA C4 Bronwyn Angel "E"
- WA C4 Star Faerie "E"
- DA C4 Cambion "L"
- WA C5 Courtwind Angel "No", "L", "B", "Ne"
- WA C5 Divine Angel "N"
- DA C5 Tuatha De Danann "S"
- DA C5 Sidhe "C"
- DA C4 Cleopatra Djinn "I"
- WA C4 Fylgia
- DA C4 SB Baha'i Djinn "O"
- WA C4 SB Vegetable Lamb
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Aphrodite
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Qetesh
- WA C4 SB Caberra "M"
- WA C4 SB Fylgia
- DA C5T2 Incubus "V"
- DA C5T2 Cambion "D"
- DA Black Forest Fae "L"
- DA C4 Harpy "D"
- DA C4 Wraith (conjuring)
Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

AriesStarChild_ wrote:Hmmm I guess it depends on how well you deal with DA...my first da spirit I got moody, cried and got bit on the butt by a bug all in the same day xD hahaha but after that the energy calmed down. Now I handle DA energy perfectly fine and nothing crazy happens. They just give me interesting dreams to show me they’re here : ) my first DA was my vampire spirit and he was the 1 cent spirit so he was a class 4. The class is more so how strong their energy will come across I believe. I say if you want to get a high class. It’s not gautunteed that you’ll experience anything negative, but if you do just kinda laugh it off, that’s what I did xD good luck
Lol thanks Aries! I always felt like a naturally white arts person but I realized how quickly my thoughts can turn dark realized I have more dark arts energy than I give myself credit for, so I think ready to stop tip toeing around the edge and dive in!

Especially this last week, I have so many spirits calling me but I have no idea who they are so I got the top 3 unbounds reading, hopefully it'll be here is a few days. I think one might be a hell hound though! I had a dream about something very dark watching me in the corner of my room with red eyes. Not maliciously. Their energy scared me bit more so because it was dark and I wasn't used to it.

Are unbound DA spirits able to give you the same side effects as bound ones?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Keeper of: 7 angels, 1 Phoenix, 5 faeries, 1 Hippogryph, 1 Gryphon, 1 amphisbaena, 1 Volk, 1 Fylgia, 1 Duojna, 1 hippocampus, 1 arkan sonney, 2 dragons, 1 unicorn, 1 nixie.

Coming soon: Nephilim, Gargoyle, human spirit, Arkann sonney, woodland fae, several surprise reverse adoptions!
Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Akimah wrote:For some, it can be. I'd suggest trying up to a Class 5 and see how the adjustment period goes for you. You can always get the Dynamic Class Binding or the Recapture Bag at a later stage if you want to change the class.
Thank Akimah, I thought about that as well. I might do that.

Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

nuriko wrote:Hmm, I'm getting my first C5 DA.. today actually. As long as you set house rules (I asked my current companions to let new companions know all about the house rules, lol.) you should be fine. Couple of my rules that everyone has to follow is that no one interacts with friends/family unless it's for their protection and no one is to interfere negatively with me physically, emotionally, or mentally. These stand unless it's said or mentioned otherwise or unless I decide to change something (and this is also a house rule: rules could be changed, removed, or added, but as long as they're on the list, they must be abided by).

I've heard of DA's acting out and breaking rules though.. if this ever does happen, a stern talking to should do the trick along with letting them know what rule they broke and they shouldn't break rules. The CH crew lists ways in the encyclopedia to subdue your DA spirits if they absolutely get out of control and you just cannot get them to behave right. I honestly wouldn't do that unless I felt like I really, really had to.
Oh I will definetly let them know upon arrival that they are welcome and we are happy to have them and then go over the rules for sure.

I don't really have rules for my WA spirits because I assume I don't need to, because their WA do you know what I mean? Am I being unfair? I just feel like it's redundant to have rules for spirits who are "do-gooders".

nuriko
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hmm
Zodiac:

Flyingfish90 wrote:
nuriko wrote:Hmm, I'm getting my first C5 DA.. today actually. As long as you set house rules (I asked my current companions to let new companions know all about the house rules, lol.) you should be fine. Couple of my rules that everyone has to follow is that no one interacts with friends/family unless it's for their protection and no one is to interfere negatively with me physically, emotionally, or mentally. These stand unless it's said or mentioned otherwise or unless I decide to change something (and this is also a house rule: rules could be changed, removed, or added, but as long as they're on the list, they must be abided by).

Oh I will definetly let them know upon arrival that they are welcome and we are happy to have them and then go over the rules for sure.

I don't really have rules for my WA spirits because I assume I don't need to, because their WA do you know what I mean? Am I being unfair? I just feel like it's redundant to have rules for spirits who are "do-gooders".
I do it out of fairness. Everyone has to follow house rules no matter if you're WA or DA. It just feels wrong for me to be like.. hey, you're WA, you're free to do whatever! Since you're DA, you aren't allowed to do this and this and that and this, etc. I'd rather them all follow the same rules, if you break them, then you'll reap the consequences. If you don't, then thank you! That's great! That's just me and my preference though. Whatever works for you. :)

- WA C4 Hippogryph "P"
- WA C4 Bronwyn Angel "E"
- WA C4 Star Faerie "E"
- DA C4 Cambion "L"
- WA C5 Courtwind Angel "No", "L", "B", "Ne"
- WA C5 Divine Angel "N"
- DA C5 Tuatha De Danann "S"
- DA C5 Sidhe "C"
- DA C4 Cleopatra Djinn "I"
- WA C4 Fylgia
- DA C4 SB Baha'i Djinn "O"
- WA C4 SB Vegetable Lamb
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Aphrodite
- DA C4 SB Immortal: Qetesh
- WA C4 SB Caberra "M"
- WA C4 SB Fylgia
- DA C5T2 Incubus "V"
- DA C5T2 Cambion "D"
- DA Black Forest Fae "L"
- DA C4 Harpy "D"
- DA C4 Wraith (conjuring)
Flyingfish90
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

nuriko wrote:
Flyingfish90 wrote:

I do it out of fairness. Everyone has to follow house rules no matter if you're WA or DA. It just feels wrong for me to be like.. hey, you're WA, you're free to do whatever! Since you're DA, you aren't allowed to do this and this and that and this, etc. I'd rather them all follow the same rules, if you break them, then you'll reap the consequences. If you don't, then thank you! That's great! That's just me and my preference though. Whatever works for you. :)

That makes sense I will have a group meeting today with myspirits :)

AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 52
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep

Unbounds I believe can give you the same side effects if you allow them into your space. My first companion ever was a living Vampire but he was unbound since I was 12. I’m 19 now and he just got bound like in januarary I believe xD but experiences with him have been just as real and present as the experiences I get from my other companions: )

D(Bronwyn Angel)A(Sterling Angel)N(Merman)Y(Sanguine Vampire)D(Courtwind Angel)N(Courtwind Angel)F(Fallow Dragon)H(Moss Dragon)F(Gregori)D(Red Demon entity)K(custom kitsune alpha)A(Seraphim Angel entity)Z(slime girl alpha)S(micro bug girl)M(fallen angel)M(Demon-Neb Djinn) L and J(werewolves)J(Concuan)R(DemonVampire)P(Fallen angel entity)R(Succubus Queen)M(Vampire Prince)E(Incubus)D(nympho)
3 spirit guides,DionysisDelinquent(A)ElementalDemon(A)

~Knowledge is at my fingertips~

Return to “Dark Arts”