Atlantis ( the beginning- the middle- the fall)

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

We should have more discussions about the subject Atlantis.
Because reading through some of these topics in Unsolved mysteries, I'm getting the feeling that many of our current todays questions can be answered if we dive deep into the history of Atlantis.

So ServantofJustice likes to ask a lot of questions, that intrigue me as well. But currently, I'm thinking that most of his questions can be answered if we think about Atlantis.

I don't have a close bound yet with my Atlantean Vamp ( we only do communicate via the pendulum), but basically the story I got about Atlantis: People lived in harmony with the 'supernatural' beings.
So then we basically all ( humans) figured out the story: Atlantis ended/dissapeared/was destroyed/whatever. One day it was there, the other day it wasn't ( maybe with more time between but whatever)

I'm trying to figure out when Atlantis had his ending... supposedly, Plato heard the story from his granddad. Plato lived in plus minus 400 BC. His Granddad, I'm not sure lived probably around 500BC? I'm not sure how old people back then became? So... Atlantis kinda dissapeared around let's say 600-500BC? ( Maybe Ash and Mags can give a closer view on this?)
But anyways, that happened before the Middle Ages.
Talking about the world changing after that. So ServantofJustice was talking about medieval humans being more open to the Paranormal. IMO I would say the people béfore the Medieval Humans were more open and closer connected to the Paranormal.

And if we say that around the Age of Atlantis, people and supernaturals lived in harmony together, it's easy to say: well they just totally lived together. Vamp-human-werewolf-kitsune- unicorn-faery-whatever you think of, they lived together. And they KNEW each other. Maybe their neighbour was a vamp, and you would definitly know he was a vamp. Cause they lived in harmony...

I'm thinking that when Atlantis fell, the connection/bound between humans and the supernatural started to fade. I'm not sure why, not sure when, and maybe I should find an answer on that. What happened at Atlantis... and did it divide the supernatural beings from Mankind? Did the supernatural went away to live in the dark shadows? Did they start to walk away from humans? Did Mankind turn on the supernatural beings? What happened... that we went from a time and harmonous place where we lived closely together, to the Middle Ages, to today?

IMO thinking about the supernatural and its relation to humans... I do think that once we lived in harmony together. And that we all lived on the same earthen realm, dragons and people alike. But something happened... and I'm guessing it points towards the Fall of Atlantis.

Just some rambling about a subject I'm interested in. But anyone any thoughts on this subject?

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I think I may be able to shed some light on this.

First of all, I know atlantis never fell 500 BC. Try roughly 9000 years ago, maybe a little more. The reason Plato's granddad probably knew about it is due to myth. The myth of atlantis is spread differently from most stories. Infact, all myth is spread differently from regular stories. If it was just an urban legend of sorts at the time of plato, it wouldn't be spoken of in films and tv very much. Myth is different. People tell stories inspired by atlantis because of the myth, which is like knowledge granted to people throughout the ages.

Most stories about atlantis always feature atlantis sinking underneath the ocean because they have commited an unnatural act against destiny of some sort which is what i told you in another thread. Atlantis didn't sink into the ocean overnight though. I'm told it took roughly 100 years.

As for the division between mankind and the supernatural, this happened over a long time in which entities were rarely sighted and then the entities and immortals left the physical because of an event which happened during the previous age which I will not talk about here because I worry I may get a bad rep for it.

Hope this helps!

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

SCNR

Imho, I doubt the veil was a spontaneous suddenly exists thing and I doubt it has to do with Atlantis. There are probably not many questions that can be answered beside what happened to Atlantis.
WhimsicalSage wrote: because of an event which happened during the previous age which I will not talk about here because I worry I may get a bad rep for it.
Bad rep? Who cares about a bad rep? I wouldn't even know if you have a good rep or a bad one.
Also if you've ruined your reputation, you can stop worrying about it, one less thing to care and worry about, no?

We all know that anything we get from entities/spirits/etc that concerns happenings in the past/astral is basically unverifiable and can be true or not. We have to take their word for it. You don't really know, you were told. I could tell you I'm pregnant, but you won't know if that's true or not. Same situation, you gotta take my word for it.

If you saw it in visions...........well, that's the same, unverifiable.
If you astral projected............still the same, unverifiable.
So tell us all about it and let us believe or not believe, we'll do it anyway. Also the judging part, we do that anyway.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

Aristotle's thought is that Plato invented "Atlantis" to teach philosophy. It was just a fictional example and a insignificant part of Plato writings.

Up to today, geologists and scientists have zero evidence of the existence of the island of "Atlantis", said to be merely 345 miles by 230 miles. Less than 80,000 sq miles. Say, around the size of Minnesota. (For comparison, USA is about 3.5 million sq miles.)

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.
conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

Another comparison, the island continent of Australia is about 3 million sq miles. That's about 37 times the supposed size of "Atlantis".

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

WhimsicalSage wrote:As for the division between mankind and the supernatural, this happened over a long time in which entities were rarely sighted and then the entities and immortals left the physical because of an event which happened during the previous age which I will not talk about here because I worry I may get a bad rep for it.
Well why’s that? It’s just knowledge, and if you want you do not have to include the part which will give you the bad rep. If the info is ‘triggering’ to some you can post it with a disclosure or warning beforehand.

Alchemists during the Middle Ages or times before often wanted unicorn horns as well as royalty, plus the parts of certain beings. There’s this notion or claim of humans mistaking certain things for supernatural beings like dinosaur bones for dragon ones but who knows?

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

WhimsicalSage wrote:-
As for the division between mankind and the supernatural, this happened over a long time in which entities were rarely sighted and then the entities and immortals left the physical because of an event which happened during the previous age which I will not talk about here because I worry I may get a bad rep for it.
You know what they say right, when you start with A, people expect you to go with B ;-) You shouldn't worry about getting a bad rep from it, I'm already here making a topic about Atlantis, and this is a highly divided subject.

And I mean, we are already on this website called Creepy Hollows. If there is one place where someone can be open about something, it should be here truly.

You mention it didn't happen overnight, and that could be something very true. I do have an Atlantean Vamp, and I don't think he is my new master Hakuna Matata if you know what I mean ;-) I don't know, but I do think Atlantis once existed... and whatever the science is telling about it... it's not totally correct. My Vamp is kinda old as well, so it probably did happen before 500BC.

But about the question if Atlantis was once real, I think this is already answered by the fact that I do have an Atlantean Vamp ( and I doubt he was living in the ocean between the mermaids), and that we are on this website honestly. Science and geologists did yet not find any evidence that God, or Heaven or Hell does exist, or that there are aliens. And what we seem to forget is that people throughout times have given different names to continents/countries/cities we do know. I mean, I'm from Belgium... that's not exactly the same as the name 'Gallië'. But that's what Julius Caesar named my country, which was then still part of other countries. And my neighbourcountry France for example, once it was know as Frankia.
So if you want to name it... well we have three options:' America ( to the west of the Atlantic Ocean), Africa ( to the east of the Atlantic Ocean) and Antartica ( to the North and South of the Atlantic Ocean). My guess is mostly Antartica. Cause the rests of the plants they did found on the South Pole suggest it once had a climate similair to Africa. And if Atlantis got under water as the myth suggest, why not looking to some frozen water as evidence? And in eons from now they will talk about mystery Venice, the city which dissapeared overnight taken by the sea... It's fairly possible that a city or even country did sink under water. I mean, I only need to look to Venice, or the Netherlands. And if the waterlevel is going to rise, some day my country will dissapear under the waves... and look to the tsunami's that happened.... and if a bunch of natural disasters take place, such as a vulcano eruption, tsunami's, rising sealevel... earth quakes...And a country doesn't need to be large to have a Big Name that's is worldwide known. Look to the UK for example.

And don't forget the most important evidence that points to Atlantis: the story of Noah, the old greek religious story that Zeus became mad and send a tsunami to the people, the indian story about another tsunami... Yes, those are stories and myths as well, but nothing mentions what the name is of the 'world' that was swallowed by the Ocean and the rains.

@WhimsicalSage: But eh I still want to know what happened in the previous age... what do you mean by previous age first and foremost? Like a centrury ago, or far further back in history?

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
Zodiac:

I mean the previous age that has just passed. During the last 10,000 years, something like that. This age was known as the age of rushed decisions. I know that may sound like a strange name but if you know what a rushed decision is, then you should really see this in everything from the past. It also helps to know how it started, it was Eve's fault really.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Supernaut
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1

Here are two things to note...

1) The map of Atlantis depicted by Athansius Kircher in the 17th century bears an uncanny resemblance to an undersea platform to the south of the Azores, albeit much smaller. You can view it on google maps.

2) Most sources claim that Atlantis sank around the same time the last ice age ended, and sea levels may have been significantly lower during that period due to glaciatian.

"For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside-down, therefore no wonder he hath enemies." - Gerrard Winstanley
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

WhimsicalSage wrote: It also helps to know how it started, it was Eve's fault really.
Poor woman, always getting the blame for everything.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Unsolved Mysteries”