On herbs or potions that cause 'ego death'?

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Any thoughts? So also what do you think are some herbs or alchemical mixtures you think that can cause 'ego death' (Referring to something associated with how you perceive?), basically switching off your 'ego' for a time if you know what that is referring to in the meta/occult sense? There was a discussion about it I saw in some occult chat and its mentioned as being useful in some endeavors by the people.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Might have been better to post it on the other thread, but essentially its said that 'ego death' if experienced disconnects you or your brain and senses from whatever it is people might refer to as 'the veil'.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Did they specify which substances they were referring to? Or was it a theoretical discussion?

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Did they specify which substances they were referring to? Or was it a theoretical discussion?
Theoretical, it was between people who knew about alchemy and herbal use. The 'ego' is what goes away if you meditate properly or take certain things.

It was also said that using the more 'powerful' herbs themselves are not enough and serious willpower plus intent is also required if a person's doing it for spiritual purposes.

JaycubL
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

Wizard wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:15 am Any thoughts? So also what do you think are some herbs or alchemical mixtures you think that can cause 'ego death' ...
Are you wanting a list of things someone thinks can do this?

As a basic suggestion that I can't speak from success with, maybe deep sleep can do this? Like if you can try hard for a long time and bit by bit (or hopefully all at once?) you can see what the whole sleep experience is, what your conscious mind does or what happens to it then.

For the meditation approach, as a child I for some reason decided to try and completely let go; not beat my heart, not breath, not think, just stare unmoving. My heart continued on it's own but slowed noticeably, and I just stared at a point on the ceiling. My vision darkened and changed (things flickering in and out of conscious sight, easy to replicate if you try this). My focus became deep and singular.
By itself, not ego death. But a meditation something like that could be a good induction to try when going on this mission with a psychedelic tool.

Herb tools for this:
-Weed. Using weed taken with meditative and psychedelic intent I have gone to places that far removed from standard day to day ego structure, even to experience being everyone/everything at once, and on another occasion witnessing the radiation of the universe chains branching through the first hyperverse from the primary pure nothing. Most weed experiences I have had were not as deep though, it takes the right dose and mindset.

-Salvia. The smoked salvia divinorum extract experience can rip you out of normal ego consciousness as fast and hard as probably anything other than a bullet to the head. In there you may experience totally-other types of first person consciousness that are just way different than what you usually use. You might observe other parts of your mind (or other whatevers?) conspiring and trying to replace you as "the one who sees out the front," like to potentially place this ego consciousness you have been using in charge of maybe some part of the brain that controls sensory input from the bed of you fingernail on your left middle finger or something, while another part of the brain takes a turn at first person control of the organism and mind. I am not sure if that is ego death or not. But if you are really after it then I think salvia is a good herb tool, salvia does not give an emotional high or euphoria really. It is a pure and powerful short acting psychedelic, which can safely and legally be used repeatedly (non addictive, non toxic, supposedly there is an at least subjectively reverse-tolerance).
After my most recent salvia divinorum experience about a week ago, I was left thinking "Dr. Seuss was right" lol referring to the type of creatures or people, or maybe just "forms" is the right word, that you could maybe encounter.

I assume you know psychedelics in general are good for potentially leading you to ego death or to many other things and I won't discuss illegal ones here, you can find it online or in books. But yes as you said it won't stick unless you help it and work on it manually. Holding on to real ego death is not something that I think makes sense as long as you choose to continue living a human life.

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”