Florida Water

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I'm not talking about the tap water. But has anyone used the Florida water that's bottled? Would you say it's great for cleansing?

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Witch
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Big Bird
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lard
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Ronald McDonald

Florida water is very versatile stuff! Definitely good for cleansing, a lil blessing, and is even often used as offerings. And it smells divine imo

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Witch wrote:Florida water is very versatile stuff! Definitely good for cleansing, a lil blessing, and is even often used as offerings. And it smells divine imo
Do you make your own, or do you purchase it? If the latter, what are some good sources for buying it?

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Witch
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Big Bird
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lard
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Ronald McDonald

Likes2Read wrote:
Witch wrote:Florida water is very versatile stuff! Definitely good for cleansing, a lil blessing, and is even often used as offerings. And it smells divine imo
Do you make your own, or do you purchase it? If the latter, what are some good sources for buying it?
The "original" florida water is made by a company called Murray and Lanman(also known as Lanman and Kemp), and it's in a very pretty bottle, and readily available via online vendors, including amazon. This is the standard that most people -- including some baseball teams, gamblers, vodou practitioners-- use.

With that said, apparently there is a synthetic ingredient in the original, so some people choose to make their own using a couple cups of vodka, orange blossom water, and an array of essential oils. I first bought an all-natural one from "natural magick shop" but honestly I don't find that the synthetic ingredient is detrimental to the energy of the formula (and it makes it smell divine), so I went to the tried and true product.

It's a light and refreshing cologne. Great for adding to a floor wash, adding a bit to laundry, spritzing your hands or neck, and so much more. It has the ability to wash away negativity or bad luck (why gamblers wash their hands with it after a bad run) and is very cleansing.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I use Florida Water from time to time - usually in ritual bath, you can get it in many forms. I find it a very easy, neutral form of cleansing and empowerment to the spiritual senses.
Plus Witch is right, the scent is awesome and therapeutic.

It's easy to make or you can buy it virtually anywhere, though just personally I'd advise a source you resonate with (if that's something you can discern). When I am not formulating my own supplies, I am sure to purchase any oils, washes, etc from an energetically resonating person/practitioner/company as to me it makes a difference.

P.s. If you find you like this, you may also benefit from Van Van oil which is capable of furthering strength of intent after cleansing/blessing a space or yourself. Both classics with a multitude of uses..

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I appreciate all of your answers! I was just infuriating to get some real comments on it's use. When I googled it kept popping up with the tap water. I picked up some homemade Florida Water from my local witchery shope. Cajunconjure?

I will look into that Van Van oil too ^^

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I just got some of the Murray & Lanman Florida water. Smells nice, but I can't sense any cleansing powers like when I pick up another witch's made Florida water. Can the manufactured one still be used to cleanse? I'm just asking because of I can't sense anything from the"original."

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”