Is 'the devil' the same being as Lucifer/Satan from the bible?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Do you think the being known as 'the devil' from actual paranormal encounters is the same Lucifer/Satan in the bible or a different being altogether who is labelled that?

He appears or is talked about in many folklore, and medieval paranormal encounters. Appearing to people and making deals, placing curses on areas, appearing at crossroads, making things appear out of nowhere or visiting places like a new bridge that was built in England after being impressed.

This begs the question if the devil was a fallen angel why does the version in encounters or folklore feel out of place for once being that?

I was attacked or haunted by a being people like to call 'the devil' in my late and middle childhood within my sleep (In a weird half awake and non-awake state during midnight) for example. He had horns, and many features that are like as described.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Yes and no.

The Devil, can take many forms. Lucifer is still Lucifer, Satan is still Satan.

In my practice, it's more appropriate to view the Devil as an initiator into witchcraft and mysteries, the 'man in black', 'black man of the Sabbath', or 'horned god' as a masculine counterpart to the 'witch queen'.. balancing the elemental forces between them -- traditionally therefore he can be considered as the guise of Pan, Bucca, Loki, Samael, Legba among others.. Lucifer included, Lucifuge as well not to mention several 'demonic' immortals such as from the hierarchy of the Goetia as an example can be considered 'Devils' in this regard.

In the end it's more a matter of context and the active paradigm ruling; in some context (sabbath rites for one, crossroads work and many matters of traditional witchcraft) a manifesting divinity of that nature takes the role of 'Devil', in others they should simply be recognized as the individuals they are.

Perhaps it is appropriate to say a 'Devil' attacked you, but it's important to note that with the 'Devil' it's usually a challenge/test/initiation/awakening and not as cut and dry as being 'spiritually attacked'. Whether truly supernatural, or psychological.
However, a lot of beings are horned and have such features *or* can use the illusion of these features.
When I was a child 'the Devil' 'attacked' me too, or so I thought it was an attack, later I recognized it was not of ill intent whatsoever but a manner of forcing me to work through some fears that had been instilled within me and liberate me of the 'good/evil' religious complex that is so common on this earth. I am aware it is part of what awakened me to my true calling and path.

I'd be interested to hear more about this 'attack' you underwent, if you're open to sharing. It sounds like your upbringing was a superstitious one so it doesn't surprise me that you'd have such an experience.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Some people think so and others don’t

memento mori
Hekhare
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Spiritual Mediumship
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Im just me No magickal name required
Zodiac:

It was my understanding that Satan is only a name for a collection of other entities? And Lucifer is Lucifer having said that Lucifers energy is different from Satan's energy but that is a conundrum in its own lol but Noc is the person to explain better

Ive Had Many Spirits Companions
They Come And Go 8*8
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
Zodiac:

Well, no.

Whilst what Noc says is accurate regarding what you could say was the archetype of the horned god, the devil as the king of hell is a weak tulpa and isn't very much.

Lucifer and Satan are immortals in CH's terminology. Satan is Enki as far as i know and is a sumerian immortal and lucifer is supposed to be a very good immortal who is described as the morning star.

Lucifer is not a dark immortal at all. I don't think Satan is a dark immortal either.
Lilith, Kali, Seth and God, are all examples of dark immortals. (yes, God is a dark immortal)

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

It is true that depending on your belief system you may conflate Satan & Enki, some may also say there are multiple 'Satans' as well as multiple 'Lucifers' which confuses things a bit unless you have personal experience with this.

If we are going into a discussion about who Lucifer is, it's valid that he is mythologically documented as a representation of the 'morning star' (in other words Venus) in Roman mythos.
Noctifer in this mythos is his 'other side', the evening star (or dark of Venus).
In grecian myth their counterparts are in fact Prometheus & Epimetheus (forethought, afterthought..). Prometheus being the rebel titan is part of the association of Lucifer as a rebel angel through the ages, which poets of the Romantic era particularly drew upon as inspiration. Epimetheus meanwhile, being the titan associated with Pandora who let all those ills out of the jar. Pandora being a grecian representation of the first woman Eve in biblical lore.
In diabolical/left hand path teachings Noctifer/Epimetheus is essentially Lucifuge to Lucifer/Prometheus; once more the one fleeing the light to the one who illuminates (but this is in simplistic terms).

So the point I am trying to make is..
It is completely a matter of your individual focus and belief, which of these representations or deities through the vast multicultural paradigms hold weight and are relevant as the 'reality' of a particular force. I could go even further with the comparative lore above and throw some other cultures into the mix, I could have you all believing Lucifer is Loki and Pan at the same time LOL. However the religio-mental chaos isn't what most want when seeking answers.
Ultimately it's personal experience we need to discern what a divinity means to us and where they come from and their greater dimensional truth. Forever 'Lucifer' will be one thing to some, another to others, and another-nother to the rest.
Some would say all of these counterparts and views are just depictions, many faces of a singular being. The rest deal with them with the distinctive accordance of their unique path.

All could be right.. none could be wrong.. but also all could be wrong and none need to be right, so long as we aren't pushing our beliefs onto others and creating havoc on an objective reality we cannot begin to comprehend well enough to assert that kind of authority.

I do contend based on the above though, that the being considered Lucifer has always had a 'dark' side, a 'dark twin'..this is consistent through all earthly mythos in some form and it is a personal experience of mine.

WhimsicalSage wrote: Whilst what Noc says is accurate regarding what you could say was the archetype of the horned god, the devil as the king of hell is a weak tulpa and isn't very much.
To nitpick slightly, it's also true that the Lord Hades or Pluto -- literal King of Hell -- as a dark deity can be considered 'a Devil' and initiator into mysteries, in terms of traditional witchcraft and certain modern day left-hand philosophies. So in that regard, no; in the regard of some spooky children's cartoon vision of a red man with goatee and horns living in a pit of fire and damnation, yeah I can agree with you there. Lol.

@LightOne -- Once more though we will all have unique viewpoints.. it depends what you resonate with, or the extent to which you even care about this topic.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23

I feel like adding on to what is manchened by noctua.No matter how hard you try to change some peoples beliefs their are people who will carry the beliefs to the grave no matter how much you tell them otherwise and no matter how bad it may seem to others viewing them.As to how diffrent people can take the views of immortals here are two videos of two diffrent people talking about kali in relation to their upbringing and experiance with her.This one is from someone with a christian upbringing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmn7SD7pPFE
And one who experianced her personaly.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCSu2ql3cWQ
What they say about her and how they think of her is shown a bit in each even if its not the only part of the conversation.

And even then Like how is menchend in the latter video experiance can change peoples beliefs as well.And along with that to me from my own experiances and from learning and observing everyone ether has a affinity to a immortal in one way or another.And likewise immortals have a affinity to people they want to help and have follow them as well.I've menchened part of this before on another thread but I feel its worth menchening here to show the point of the immortals affinity.When I was young I was raised as a christian with a freedom of choice in how I viewed magic and even a freedom of choice on weather or not I even stayed christian.Even with this I was a devoted christain that fallowed as best as I could and prayed every night before bed until one night when I was six years old.

I prayed like I did every night prier and went to sleep.But that night I had a nightmare where I was I total blackness seeing almost invisable siloets surrounding me.One that was far in the distance I felt was god and tried reaching out but I couldn't even bug from the spot no matter how hard I tried and watched as I was left their In the darkness.This same dream went on for a week no matter how much I prayed until I stopped praying only to have another week of nightmares where I was costently dieing in them,most at the hands of my own family.Life at that point went down hill.Like everything I did was ether bad or led to chaos.

Their were even times were even though the church itself that I went to gave me a feeling like I was unwecomed even though their was no feeling of danger.And even at a christain summer event I felt like I was alone amungst all the kids their which even my sister said to my psychiatrist that I started going to when I was 14 that the counsalers were telling the kids to stay away from me even saying"thats your brother"to her when she told them.During the time I felt like a internal power struggle between my personal angel and devil on who had the infuence was going on it it was stuck at a stailmate.At this point I was picking up on witchcraft and magic practaces and learning as much as I could about it.

After a point I felt that my devil and angel stop fighting and getting along like both of them were going"I'm getting tired of this,why are we even fighting anyway,theirs no point to this".Jumping ahead a few years I learned a lot about magic and how christianity nearly destroyed these free,united, harmenised beliefs that I felt so in tune with just because it wasn't christian.As well as how many opertunitys passed because of my lack of knowing and trust that was lacking after all that happend.And another thing at this time was learning about other gods and after learning about the part of the story that medusa was punished by athena for being molested by posiden made me hate her.And with the story of aracna and other storys about her I felt she was a egotistcal b!@ch and at points dispised her.

When I got to a point where I was staring at my ceiling holding back tears asking in a wisper"why are things like this,I tried so hard,I've learned so much and nothing changes.Why am I even here if I'm not suppose to exist to begin with.Am I that unwanted that not even the univers cares about me"And things along thoughs lines.It wasn't long after that that athena and artemis came to me and showed they cared and then other goddesses showed up letting me know about them and showing me they cared. The one I felt the most kinship with after learning about her wanting me to look up information on her by name,one that I felt understood me the most and lined up the most with the views and beliefs I found by myself was kali.

Information I got on devotional art and on a zone reading not only say that my energy lines up with kali's realm being of creation and destruction that she intended and want to show to me.But that athena looks opon me like I was her child and was cheering for me to have the best out of life.I know this has gotten quite long of a post but this shows why I believe about both immortals and mortals having a affinity for each other and would explain how the beliefs can be strong for people and be vastly diffrent.When I strived to be the best christan I could be god in the form most christans worshiped espenshaly kicked me to the curb where at a point not long after having ill thoughts of her and understanding if she hated me offered her love and kindness to me even being the way I was which I though was a geranty she wouldn't like me in the slightest along with other goddesses that offered their comfort.

God may be kind and loving to you and his other followers but I was one of the ones he wasn't kind to and when the light started to burn me,became to bright to be look at and the darkness gave shelter to me instead of fear and pain like it did prior It was the goddesses,espeshaly the dark goddesses that showed me love weather I followed them or not when they could have bin even cruler then god was to me and have every right to be so if they wanted.The light gives you shelter from the fear and misery of the darkness but the vary darkness that I onesed feared and you may still be fearful of placed a cool,soothing hand on my sholder that was burned by the light ones kept me safe and surrouned me in serenity.Understanding the pain life and knowledge gave me that the light as it currently was never did.I think I'll leave it at that and Hopefully it isn't to much to read through or to difficult to understand.

blessed be

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

In my experience our experiences shape our beliefs and our beliefs influence our experiences.

As long as a persons subconscious Believes something regardless of what that thing is they will experience it as truth.

For example if a person believes that Lucifer is an evil demon on a subconscious level that is how he will manifest.

I think it’s important to bring this up because I think it explains different people‘s experiences.

memento mori
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Noctua wrote:Yes and no.

The Devil, can take many forms. Lucifer is still Lucifer, Satan is still Satan.

In my practice, it's more appropriate to view the Devil as an initiator into witchcraft and mysteries, the 'man in black', 'black man of the Sabbath', or 'horned god' as a masculine counterpart to the 'witch queen'.. balancing the elemental forces between them -- traditionally therefore he can be considered as the guise of Pan, Bucca, Loki, Samael, Legba among others.. Lucifer included, Lucifuge as well not to mention several 'demonic' immortals such as from the hierarchy of the Goetia as an example can be considered 'Devils' in this regard.

In the end it's more a matter of context and the active paradigm ruling; in some context (sabbath rites for one, crossroads work and many matters of traditional witchcraft) a manifesting divinity of that nature takes the role of 'Devil', in others they should simply be recognized as the individuals they are.

Perhaps it is appropriate to say a 'Devil' attacked you, but it's important to note that with the 'Devil' it's usually a challenge/test/initiation/awakening and not as cut and dry as being 'spiritually attacked'. Whether truly supernatural, or psychological.
However, a lot of beings are horned and have such features *or* can use the illusion of these features.
When I was a child 'the Devil' 'attacked' me too, or so I thought it was an attack, later I recognized it was not of ill intent whatsoever but a manner of forcing me to work through some fears that had been instilled within me and liberate me of the 'good/evil' religious complex that is so common on this earth. I am aware it is part of what awakened me to my true calling and path.

I'd be interested to hear more about this 'attack' you underwent, if you're open to sharing. It sounds like your upbringing was a superstitious one so it doesn't surprise me that you'd have such an experience.
The being I met that looked like the devil attacked me 'physically' then fainted me in a kind of state that looked real yet you can't tell is a dream or the wake world. Basically at around midnight or over I think, something like that when you mysteriously wake up but 'things are different' yet you can move arms/legs and act like in the physical but cannot talk/shout.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

@ LightOne

That sounds a lot like a paralysis experience. Many beings are capable of causing sleep paralysis. The 'night hag' or 'hag's syndrome' is the most well known dictation of this phenomena, although it isn't necessarily a hag that will cause it, such as in your case you perceived a different being.
There are arguments that this is psychological; while in some cases it may be the unconscious, I know that it occurs with particular spirits and entities as I've experienced it with such.

Very interesting..

Return to “Dark Arts”