Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Phoenix/Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bambi/Bam Bam
Zodiac:

Hey! I wasn’t exactly wondering if keeping vessels around plain/empty crystals was fine. I don’t see why not? I was just wondering if there was any benefit. I have different kinds (and apparently a charging beam) so if they were to favor one of my empty ones more, I could always switch their vessel.
This would be easier since my mom also collects crystals. She would most likely never realize that the few vessels mixed in have spirits.

~ Learn Also To Love The Wind And Let It Change You ~ Image
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

It can act as charging object. Or you can make crystal grid and place the vessel in the grid : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
LadyWo1f
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: A shapeshifter, duh
Zodiac:

It's completely okay to put spirit vessels by crystals, I'm saying so cause I have a LOT of crystals from ch. They are all spelled so I see them as beneficial to my beings who know magic or are trying to communicate. Crystals are usually full of energy, I feel it just by touching them!

Insanity is the gift that mankind calls a curse.

Less weeds, more blooms, make a change in the world or your not gonna like yourself- From My Waif Fairy

HOW THE FLART DID I GET HERE?!?!

*gotta go fast ladywo1f gotta go fast*
Wiserdice
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Super speed

Empty, plain?! Poor crystals! How can you say that?! No, I am just kidding. :D But on a more serious note, I believe that even Crystals that are not spelled have wonderful abilities, powers. I am a collector and what I found is that I work better with ones that aren't spelled, but that is just me.

"Remember all things are possible for those who believe. Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail. Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy".
StarBurrst
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Phoenix/Kitsune
My magical/paranormal name...: Bambi/Bam Bam
Zodiac:

Yes Wise, before I started spirit keeping I used them for their abilities too. I would carry around my rose quartz in school! Also sorry to the crystals 1ey they’re very beautiful on their own lol.

Thank you for the other information, Lady and Darkwing <3

~ Learn Also To Love The Wind And Let It Change You ~ Image
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I love to include crystals..my keep likes them as well. I have some selenite slabs with kyanite, apophyllite, and citrine, I place my spelled items and vessels ontop of the slab. It keeps them clean and charged.
My companions also like to receive crystals as gifts so they sit near their vessels when I give offerings.

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. I recently purchased a selenite tower with an LED changing light stand. I turn it on, and it changes into different colours. I think it's safe to say my Spirit Family enjoys it! At least I do! I like using it as a Nightlight too! 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

StarBurrst wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:08 am Hey! I wasn’t exactly wondering if keeping vessels around plain/empty crystals was fine. I don’t see why not? I was just wondering if there was any benefit. I have different kinds (and apparently a charging beam) so if they were to favor one of my empty ones more, I could always switch their vessel.
This would be easier since my mom also collects crystals. She would most likely never realize that the few vessels mixed in have spirits.
My first thought is it's best to keep our bound spirit companions' vessels in their own place. Somewhere where they and their vessels will be disturbed as little as possible. That doesn't have to be near other crystals; particularly other people's crystals.

Isn't there a chance your mom may pick their vessels up and try to use them or work with them in some way? While that may do no harm, it isn't what I'd choose as the ideal, safe space-type, undisturbed location for bound spirits' vessels.

I don't see any benefit for spirit companions to have their vessels mixed in with someone else's crystals. There can be a benefit if we can get the gemstone mentioned in the CH Encyclopedia's listing of associations for a spirit: our spirits can derive core earthen energy from them. But I think such a gemstone/crystal might need to be 100% free and available to the spirit. To my mind, someone else's crystals/gemstones that they presumably use or work with in some way, probably can't be dedicated for the benefit of a spirit companion without the consent of the owner - the other person.

In fact, depending on how they're used or worked with, those crystals are likely to be charged with the user's patterned energy or even their intent.

I think, from what you said, the main issue seems to be not wanting your mom to know what your bound spirit companions' vessels are. Is there not a good place where you can keep your own things?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Spirit Keeping”