Number of Spirits: 3000
Spelled Number: 350
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons, Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Whisperer

7 Key Elements for Building a Strong Magickal Foundation

Postby lori67k » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:51 am

I wanted to share with you all, what I believe are 7 important and key elements for building and maintaining a strong foundation, that are the essence and the very fabric of Magick, what it is and why it works when the following is factored in, whether you are doing spells, ritual energy work, or just living our everyday lives; these elements can be factored in for greater, better results

The reason I began doing magick initially, was to see the evidence of those things I wanted to have manifest in my life; you know the more common things, like more money, heal a broken heart, etc…

But over time, I started to notice I wanted other things, like ways to simplify my life and magick most certainly seemed to have the answers in doing just that.

Many people get into magick for those two reasons, manifestation of what we want most and to simplify our lives; because frankly, life can truly be a bit too complicated at times, right?

Which brings me to wanting to talk about this at great length… What the primary elements are needed to create the proper foundation for working magick and seeing results. Simplification is one of these foundational elements.

There are only a few points I want to address here; this isn’t going to be a long list of things, since I am talking about the fundamental elements that create a strong foundation for you and your magick; this blog post will only touch on those things, and I hope this knowledge serves to help many people regardless if these insights will be implemented for magickal purposes only, but know these things can also be utilized to help us in our everyday lives as well.

So, let me go ahead and get started.

The number 1 element is BELIEF!
First and foremost, you must believe in what you are doing and that what you are doing is working for you the moment you begin the work.

2 - Being in a state of self-worth and having a positive attitude
Clear your mind of all the unnecessary clutter and negative talk. Empty your mind of all the not so good stuff that may have happened to you throughout your day. When you are performing magick from a negative internal space, you are placing that energy into all your work. If you desire positive outcomes, you must bring a positive mindset and energy into your spell work. If you find you are always talking negative about yourself or someone or something else, find ways to lovingly release yourself from that unhealthy burden and to bring in those thoughts and beliefs including self-talk that supports, lifts and honors you first and foremost. In doing so, how you think about others will also change and become more positive and this will help improve your magick by leaps and bounds… and not to mention, raise not only your awareness but the quality of your life as well.

3 - Perception is everything
How we view ourselves, our lives, our circumstances, our environment, truly does have an impact on we each proceed in life and this too has a place in magick; for what we perceive can either bolster our workings or render them completely useless which can lead to many frustrations in life and in magick.

What we think on most, we will attract into our lives. Do your best to see things from different perspectives, open your heart and mind to the possibility and fact that we all see and experience things very much differently from someone else, so allow yourself to be open to seeing things in new ways, that are often contrary to what you believe, either strongly or accepted by you as fact…. When it comes to perception, everyone has their own take on it and no one is going to 100% agree with your way of thinking and seeing and vice-versa, not unless they are a follower with no identity of their own or a robot programmed to see things your way and only your way, all the time. Besides, seeing things from only one perspective is…. Well… boring! One perceptual seeing is not only frigid, limiting but isolating too.

4 - Confidence and Competence
Approach your magick from the space of confidence and competence. Believe in yourself too or else be prepared to see very little, if any at all, results from your workings. If you approach magick from a place of lack or failure, then that is what you are feeding your magick with and that will only frustrate you and show you evidence that magick is a complete waste of time…. Which it is not, but if you are working under the belief it is, well… what do you expect to get out of your magickal workings when approaching it from a defeatist attitude? Know and trust that you are competent, and absolutely worthy of all the good things you are hoping magick can deliver to you; which brings us back to number 1 – Belief. See how magick comes full circle(?); setting the tone for a very strong and healthy magickal foundation for sure…

The 5th thing is: Simplicity - Don’t Over Think It!
Keep things simple, especially when you are working your magick. As I mentioned earlier, one of the key reasons people look to magick is to find ways to cope with and simplify their lives; why should how we go about performing magick be anything different(?).

If we are wanting to move away from a seemingly complicated life, why then would we ever want to complicate our magick?

If you’re unsure how to approach a magickal working, first close your eyes, take one or more slow deep breaths, clear your mind and ask your higher self to guide you in understanding the instructions or directives given when casting magick, especially if it happens to be someone else’ spell or ritual you are doing; that you're not understanding at the moment.

Do those things first to see if it helps to clarify the ritual for you. If that doesn’t work and you’re feeling frustrated or too confused still, step away and do something else. This is usually a hint from the universe or magickal powers that be, that that specific ritual or spell may not be the one for you at that moment. If you can ask the creator of the ritual some questions first, do that and then come back to the workings later. Just relax, trust your instincts and don’t over think the work; you will know when you are ready to do the work and more often than not, by taking these steps for clarification; closing your eyes, taking in some deep slow breaths, clearing the mind then reading through the spell again or stepping completely back and away to get some answers to those things you have questions about… that the workings are more simple than you initially thought and you will find that simplicity rocks when it comes to doing any kind of magick. So, keep it simple.

6 - Tweaking a Working and Putting Your Stamp on It.
Of course, we can tweak any spell! Many spells we do, we find on the internet or in books, or get from other people and while they obviously appealed to us that we wanted to do the spells for ourselves, many of these spells are written by others and often from a different time period or location we do not have access to, and don’t always fit within our own magickal lifestyles... for instance, the ingredients or tools are not available to us or are too expensive, or take up too much time or are in fact too complicated and many do not even exist anymore… so, we tend to throw away the spells or give them back or pack them away and forget them, but honestly, any spell can be tweaked and personalized to fit you and your needs. ANY SPELL! ANY RITUAL! You may have to do some research to find compatible (substitutable) ingredients that are available to you, do product searches to get the best prices that fit your financial means, think of ways to make a bath ritual work for you in a shower but it is absolutely doable to tweak any spell and I strongly encourage that.

The last key element for a strong and healthy magickal foundation is....

7 - Let Go
You cannot respond from the space of belief without having some trust. Letting go after a spell work has been completed, is huge in seeing the manifestations you want. The practice also helps you strengthen your own internal ability for trust. Attachments have a way of keeping us stuck, so in practicing the act of letting go and choosing to trust that your working will in fact manifest those desired results for you in just the right moment, whenever or however long that may be, is the cement that holds your magickal foundation together, without cracks, or weathering or drying out…

I mean, who doesn’t want their magickal workings to make their desire manifest with a quick snap of their fingers or by morning time? 1d Now that would absolutely be magick, for sure. If that worked, just call me Tabitha, lol 1s

This doesn’t mean that you don’t envision how good it would feel to have your magick manifest what you want and what having what you want makes you feel, it doesn't mean that if you wanted to do more magick to bolster the initial working that you just throw it up in the air and forget about doing the other supportive workings; letting go, simply means releasing attachments that keep you up at night wondering when is it going to manifest, why hasn't it happened yet, what did I do wrong, trying to see in everything, evidence your spell is working…. Ugh! In doing those things, having such extreme attachments; that is precisely why you are not seeing any evidence a spell is working; you’re too attached, you are exhibiting a lack of trust, giving way to doubt and self-sabotage and creating more of what you didn't/don't want. This is why letting go is, like I said the cement that holds your magickal foundation together. It is absolutely true. Without the attachments, you are free of the underlying resistance that was creating more problems for you rather than giving you the results you were wanting

Let Go and Let It Flow

So, these are my 7 key elements to building and maintaining a strong and healthy magickal foundation that I believe will not only have your magick working for you but will make you, your spell work more powerful and help you obtain faster, stronger results giving your magickal journey one heck of an amazing experience; one after the other.

There are more things I can add here, but for me, those 7 are the key foundational elements (the tools) needed for anyone doing magick; from there, you each can develop your own magickal narrative that works best for you but having a foundation (a belief system) that support, lifts, empowers, strengthens and helps your magick thrive and grow is first and foremost; the number 1 thing every person working with magick should create first; then the journey really begins and what a spectacular and magickal journey that can be.

I hope you enjoyed this blog

Many blessings 1ht

Whenever we try to live up to other's expectations and perceptions of how they think we should be, look like, act like, become... we are only setting ourselves up to fail miserably! In the end, no one is happy. Please yourself first, love yourself most, seek out only those things that make 'you' feel good, those things that lend you many moments of peace; live your truth and be who you are. Only you are the true source of your own happiness. Make it happen 1ht

Dasadon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 15
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE

Re: 7 Key Elements for Building a Strong Magickal Foundation

Postby Dasadon » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:24 am

This is pretty good but I think you’re missing some key elements here.

1. Emotion needs to be incorporated and they must be genuine.
2. Visualization is very important. Incorporating all five senses is crucial.
3. Your visualizations need to be in the moment. For example if you were doing a money spell you want to visualize with all five senses that you have the money in the present moment. Not in the future. while doing this you need to feel the emotions that you would feel if you got that money.

lori67k
active contributor
active contributor

Postby lori67k » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:35 am

I agree, but I was only touching on the foundational aspect for creating a strong foundation, the base of what all magick should be grounded in since not all spells require the 3 you mentioned here and deal more with the basis, er criteria of how to complete a spell and not exactly the foundation to which all ritual work sits; does this make sense?

I know and have worked with a number of spells that require no emotion, but only on visualization... when i first started out, being genuine about believing in myself and having confidence had to be faked er practiced in order for it to be real and genuine, I had very low self esteem and that's one of the things I wanted help with via magick... not everyone comes right out of the box knowing their true worth or even on how to be happy so in order to learn, they would commit to practicing it until it became real; so while I agree with you, there are sometimes extenuating circumstances to where someone may have to learn that through doing it, even if they don't completely believe it at first. Practice makes perfect.

Thanks hon for you input

Whenever we try to live up to other's expectations and perceptions of how they think we should be, look like, act like, become... we are only setting ourselves up to fail miserably! In the end, no one is happy. Please yourself first, love yourself most, seek out only those things that make 'you' feel good, those things that lend you many moments of peace; live your truth and be who you are. Only you are the true source of your own happiness. Make it happen 1ht

Dasadon
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 15
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE

Postby Dasadon » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:53 pm

Emotion is not necessarily required it’s just a recommendation. I do it with all spells because it adds that extra kick and it helps you with immersion.

lori67k
active contributor
active contributor

Postby lori67k » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:23 pm

understood... but for the basis of this discussion, I only wished to touch on the 7 Key Elements for building a Strong Magickal Foundation as implied by the title and commented on within my post; specifically for beginners. As the discussion delves deeper into the psychopathy of magick and creating spells and rituals with more power, of course, emotions and how they too, play a significant role in magick... most definitely that can discussed at greater length.

Thanks again for sharing

Return to “lori67k”