I'm a Catmom again!

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I posted last spring when my little-old-man kitty unfortunately entered into his final illness and passed on. I still miss him, of course, but who wouldn't? All he ever did was purr. He was a sweetie.

But I reached the point where I Needed Felines in my home again. So I wanted to do the same thing I did 13 years ago, and adopt a bonded pair. Fortunately, I found a pair of littermates on one of the Facebook pages of the local no-kill rescue for which I volunteer. The foster mom was actually trying to hold out for someone to adopt them together, since one in particular is super-attached to his brother.

They're a pair of 3-month-old black kitties, so that's a double win: a bonded pair gets adopted together, AND two black cats get homes (as black cats and dogs are statistically among the last to be adopted).

They're currently exploring the basement. Over the weekend, we'll let them have a supervised introduction to our dog (who misses his kitty brother) and let them explore the rest of the house.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
no name
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: no anwer
If I could be anything, I would be...: no answer
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: no answer

Congrats with your new family members :)

vex3521
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Elyn Ravenwood
Zodiac:

Aww how great! I am so glad you've got a bonded pair to home and no doubt they'll be amazing additions to the family.

WA&DA&BA in all shapes and sizes found in this home
denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Congrats on your new furbabies! I have a black cat myself and he's a crazy, beautiful boy. I don't understand why black cats/dogs are discriminated against, but thank you for giving these 2 a loving home!

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

People who reject a pet solely on the basis of fur color are fools. Seriously, what are they thinking?

The only pets tho spend more time waiting to be adopted than black cats/dogs are tortoiseshell cats, and that's based on looks, too. I don't think there's such a thing as an unpretty cat, and if someone else disagrees, maybe they need an eye exam. ;)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Totally agree!

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Congrats!

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Thinks!

We introduced the kitties to our 11-year-old dog last night (most likely a Chihuahua/Corgi mix, but as he was brought to the shelter as a stray, we can't know for sure).

My dog is in wuv. <3 All he wants to do is sniff them and greet them with nose sniffs and rump sniffs. He loves cats.

All interactions will be supervised for the foreseeable future, but I'm extremely pleased with how things are going. :)

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:People who reject a pet solely on the basis of fur color are fools. Seriously, what are they thinking?

The only pets tho spend more time waiting to be adopted than black cats/dogs are tortoiseshell cats, and that's based on looks, too. I don't think there's such a thing as an unpretty cat, and if someone else disagrees, maybe they need an eye exam. ;)
Tortoiseshell cats? Seriously :p what country are you living in? In my country they are so special, someone even stole our kitty because she was so beautiful! Maybe you should ship the tortoiseshell cats all to Belgium ^^

And I would like to have a black cat, why not? It's as cursed as myself, as I'm born on Friday the 13th. :p A black kitty would only be the perfect fit for me :-)

But anyways congrats for adopting new kitties! Bless you for taking them away from a shelter! 1ht
It's nice knowing there are good people out there, who are happy to adopt from the shelter. <3

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I used to have a black cat & a tortoiseshell cat-they were sister & from the same litter but both had passed over to the Rainbow Bridge-I do so miss them both! I love black cats myself, black dogs too-oh ok I love all animals!

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”