acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire Angel Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire Angel Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I really like it. It does not portray witchcraft realistically but hey, it's a movie! The lead characters are wonderful. The movie shows their pains, their every day troubles. They get bullied, have crushes etc. They all seem to be very troubled though. It's a great film to watch if your interested in witchcraft. There is a theme of "be careful what you wish for". It makes the unknown seem dangerous and exciting. Exactly what a good film should be like!
Image Image

ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

I really didn't. At first, yeah, but then it just got overboard. In the end, those two remaining girls didn't learn anything. Which, of course, is why they lost their powers, but still, justice isn't justice if a realization of wrong-doing isn't present.

I have to say that the main crazy girl was REALLY crazy! I mean, she really played that well. I think my daughter had nightmares, lol.
MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
Zodiac:

Fairuza Balk was Wicked in this movie :devil:
It was okay, I prefer "Practical Magic" though, oh....and "Witches of Eastwick" :thumbup: :D
“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
FeyLady
neophyte
neophyte

Usually I like Fairuza Balk. I knew a few Craft community oriented people who actually protested The Craft as a inaccurate view of witchcraft when it came out.

Having seen it myself I thought it wasn't too bad for a bit of fluff, just entertainment with some decent magic scenes. I like the beach ritual scene, it reminds me a bit of a scene in The Secret Garden which is a great movie.

Although my comment about the Craft when it came out had been that the character in it that runs the apothecary store (that tells the girls to get a clue early on...) was the most accurate "witch" in the movie imho lol.

A lot of people similarly dislike the old show Bewitched as being an inaccurate view of witchcraft but I have to admit love that show. :cloud9:
Best wishes!
FeyLady

Spirit of the Earth, remember
Spirit of the Sky, remember
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Although my comment about the Craft when it came out had been that the character in it that runs the apothecary store (that tells the girls to get a clue early on...) was the most accurate "witch" in the movie imho lol.
I laughed when I read this, it couldn't be more true.
A lot of people similarly dislike the old show Bewitched as being an inaccurate view of witchcraft but I have to admit love that show.
I know, it was a really good show. My favorite pop-in character on that show was Uncle Arthur, of course I'm a Paul Lynde fan though so I'm biased. Although, I wasn't a big fan of the Bewitched movie. It was cute, but something was off.

Practical Magic was a really good movie too. Sad in parts but definitely interesting!
De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
FeyLady
neophyte
neophyte

creepyhollows wrote
I know, it was a really good show. My favorite pop-in character on that show was Uncle Arthur, of course I'm a Paul Lynde fan though so I'm biased. Although, I wasn't a big fan of the Bewitched movie. It was cute, but something was off.
Hehe yea, I love Uncle Arthur too. And I love Serena! And Dr Bombay. And Endora lol she's great. :cloud9:

I think the reason that the movie version was a bit off was because for years people have wanted to make a movie version but there's a lot of fighting about who actually owns the rights. So in the end they could only make a "spoof" version so that they weren't breaking intellectual property laws.

I did enjoy Shirley MacLaine as the Endora type character. I hope they'll do another some day and cast Jim Carrey in the role of Darrin. He'd be great in that role I think. He's got the same kind of rubbery face physical comedy that Darrin #1 had back in the day. :) Not sure who I'd like for Samantha... maybe Alicia Silverstone...
Best wishes!
FeyLady

ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire Angel Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire Angel Nympho
Zodiac:

Woah, a lot of people don't really like it. :insane: I know it really does not portray witchcraft realistically, but I like it for it's entertainment and you should really take it as face value . I like practical magic too, but I like dark films more so the craft is more my cup of tea. ;) I think the ending is quite stupid though. I mean if someone tried to kill you would you really forgive them and be friends again?
Yeah that crazy girl was pretty crazy. I think she played the part brilliantly!
Image Image

FeyLady
neophyte
neophyte

I thought it was an okay movie ninja, I remember at the time it came out thinking it was better than people were giving it credit for.

I've always said if a movie like that or a show like Bewitched can turn someone on to the real deal... then who cares if it's accurate or not lol, if it speaks to people and helps them find a good path then it's good enough.

It was a bit annoying after it came out because suddenly the clueless people wanting spells that would change their hair color were everywhere lol. You could tell they were someone who had seen The Craft if they asked for the haircoloring spell lol. Some frustrated witches I knew did refer to the movie as "The Crap" at the time... because of some stuff like that lol.

But hey it's a MUCH MUCH better movie than that awful Blair Witch travesty lol, don't get me started, I can't stand that movie. lol

But yea the Craft wasn't so bad... maybe I'll rewatch it sometime soon. I find my opinions on movies can change over time too. I may like it better now than I did before... and I didn't think it was so bad to begin with anyway.
:hug:
Best wishes!
FeyLady

ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

I love Practical Magic. Also the Charmed series.

Fey, LOL, I like the Blair Witch. The first I watched it was in Germany, and my hubby left the next night for a military job. I left the lights on when I went to sleep, LOL!

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”