Holotropic Breathwork

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
kaledragule
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 20
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Kale

I'm new, and I'm researching methods of meditation in order to open things up. I was looking at a week long retreat in the NC mountains where they teach holotropic breathwork and ceremony. There is also a monthly 2 hour breathwork class at a local yoga center that I'm considering trying out first.

I'm curious if others have tried the holotropic method and if it had any significant affect on your practices with spirits or otherwise.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Never tried it myself but I'm curious too. If you do end up classes let us all know how it goes!

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Giving an older thread a bump here.

I have recently been under even more stress than usual it seems, and it caused some unpleasant issues for me, which made me feel even more stressed, which was great. My daily yoga wasn't helping and as usual, my spirits seem uninterested in helping me in any way.

I decided to give breathwork a try since it's supposed to be very helpful with stress and emotional issues. Apparently people have a lot of trauma stored in their bodies and breathwork helps to release all that and it's not uncommon for people to become very emotional when engaging in breathwork.
I didn't really feel anything, just okay but I did give a try. I did breathwork meditation every day for about two weeks and didn't notice any change, it didn't really do anything for me and it started to become an unpleasant chore for me.

Then I decided to try the Wim Hof's breathing method and noticed almost immediate change, I immediately felt better. And now, after almost two weeks I think my stress has lessened significantly and I feel lighter and better in all possible ways. So I definitely recommend that.

Return to “Meditation”