Communication with sellers

Post your experiences with eBay sellers.
Wiserdice
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: Super speed

I wanted to open a topic about this because I feel like this is a growing problem in the community. I am interested to hear other people's experiences too, and of course...if you are a seller who communicates with his/her buyers on a regular basis (kudos), please don't be offended by this, the post is obviously meant for those who don't do that.

So, I've been reading the seller review section on the forum for months, and I can't help but feel like a lot of people in this community give free pass to sellers who take your money but then don't fulfill your placed orders for months, which is not okay. Sure, most of them are busy and have many orders to fulfill, I can understand that but 10 months/1 + year of wait time without saying a word? Come on. And the sellers only reply after you open a dispute? Ridiculous. Of course, they reply then, money is at stake. At least send a message to your buyers that something came up, there will be a delay but don't worry, you aren't forgotten. If you do that, then we won't have problems.

Taking the buyer's money and then disappearing off the face of the earth is simply not a good sale tactic. And yes, people should call out sellers for that, otherwise things aren't going to change. No matter how good you are at what you do, if you fail at communicating, I personally won't buy from you again.

Unfortunately, I've met many metaphysical sellers who indeed turned out to be great practicioners but due to bad communication, I decided not to buy from them ever again. Oh, and it should be a red flag when you don't get a reply from the seller for months even after sending plenty of messages, but once you offer more money (just because you want your order to be completed so badly), they reply IMMEDIATELY. Just wow...

"Remember all things are possible for those who believe. Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail. Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy".
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

With regards to services purchased, responding to and updating clients on a regular basis is absolutely and fundamentally important. Regarding topics that veer from any purchases, those communicating to ask for knowledge or (sometimes) even free work.. I can take longer or shorter to respond depending on the time I have in my actual work schedule.
Some, rare cases, I will not respond if I feel I am taken advantage of by a client, and that's my prerogative lol.. sadly there are such people out there and I simply don't tolerate it, because I would rather save my time and insight for those who are decent and respectful.

However, I want to make a note that we are still human, and all capable of having things come up that can prevent us from being able to communicate or conduct work as we'd like from time to time. I don't excuse that for frivolous sellers who have a continuous habit of it, but it is something to keep in mind -- I know I've had times like this come up in the past, and I wouldn't like to be judged solely for this. There is also the potential for us to genuinely miss or overlook something in error, and so the client is urged to bring it up if it seems like an unusually long time has passed.
All the same, when those things occur it is imperative for us to explain the situation as soon as possible, and seek to make it up, this I completely agree with.

You as a buyer have every right to discontinue your support of a seller if they are taking that long without explanation when your money is on the line. With integrity comes understanding that the work is worth something to you and that the money doesn't necessarily come easily through which to obtain it.
There is a balance to be had.. because shining 'customer service' from persons who whip out the work for you and answer happily, can sometimes be masking a lack of quality in the product. So I'd caution discernment here.. that's not something often spoken about in the community. Sometimes that interactivity from a seller can be mistaken for the quality of the work.
Months+ wait without being addressed at all until you finally press or ask for a refund is entirely an issue; but days-weeks wait I believe a client should be tolerant, most especially if they have been made aware of that wait.

Now from the buyer's stance, I have purchased from meta/occult sellers who have taken quite a while to fulfill my order, along the lines of which you speak.. in some cases where they make it known how long it can take, that is on me to be patient. Where that was not the case, but I am aware their work is powerful; I either alter my expectation of the wait accordingly and allow myself to be pleasantly surprised if it comes sooner, or distance myself at least until noticing a better turn-out, and I think that is reasonable. This of course applies only where you actually, eventually *receive* what you've paid for..
Be sure to make yourself aware through other *recent* clients of the seller along with they themselves of the time estimate of their current workflow so that you have a fair expectation.

I of course, cannot speak for other meta-based sellers, but this is my view on the subject.

Valkirija
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

A lack of communication and customer service have been an issue in meta community for years.

Though I honestly do not remember wait times for orders being as unreasonably long. I do feel this problem has to do with many conjurers working on a cheap so more people would buy. The more people buy the harder it is to keep up.

I've seen sellers manipulating their customers a lot. Making some people wait for months and doing some orders instantly (not due to any extra pay to speed up the order). And if you ask them about it you will end up with a sad story how someone got ill and work had to be put off. Few people abuse it so bad that at this point it's even hard to relate to those who have actual problems interfering with work.

We're all human, life gets in the way. But if you or your loved ones has a chronic condition/other ongoing problem, why not take it into an account when planning your work flow.

Most of us have jobs that require a lot of personal energy and effort, however you feel you have to push through. Being a meta seller is a job, though not everyone seem to consider that.

Furthermore, a lot of issues with sellers are discussed privately between customers. Meta sellers have your personal details. Most people hide their meta likes due to personal reasons. They are afraid to be "exposed" for talking about issues. Not to mention that people are scared to be attacked by some destructive beings. Due to the secrecy some people buy from very problematic sellers while unaware and may not even notice the issue for quite some time. Especially people who are new to meta and are not particularly sensitive.

I suppose the least everyone can do is to evaluate their experiences with the sellers and endorse the ones who actually brought quality services and good work ethic.

Hekhare
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Spiritual Mediumship
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Im just me No magickal name required
Zodiac:

Ye there is nothing more frustrating than waiting more than a couple of weeks for your spirit conjurations and bindings but because i have worked with certain seller's already i don't mind giving them extra leeway in my mind and real time, But soon i will be conjuring my own lol have already but ye I will be doing so in the near future But will wait and see what comes to fruition and you never know ...A SHOP , I will see, I already work full time in care 28 years to be precise but i eill see where it takes me!

Ive Had Many Spirits Companions
They Come And Go 8*8
Artemisia
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I really don't mind the long wait times, but what I do mind is the lack of information I have received along with my orders from some sellers, and having to pursue them for weeks on end and be disappointed at the breadcrumbs being fed, after the fact.

Some buyers actually appreciate a little background information about the newest companions they are welcoming into their homes and some sellers are oblivious to this, and when being asked questions to help fill in the blanks, 9 times out of 10, it's not even worth asking for.

I'm not a pesky buyer that constantly presses sellers for information regarding recent purchases and I usually let 3-4 weeks go by before I even consider to ask for an update, regarding my order, and lack of communication at this point is totally unprofessional, as it's still a job and I've paid for a service, hence asking for an update isn't at all that much to ask for.

Being ignored is something entirely different or getting blocked, but as soon as you file complaints via PayPal there's always a quick indignant response, which makes it seem as if you're being a complete a**hole.

I know sellers are people too and they have personal lives, but if you pull any of this b.s. that some sellers are known for, you'll be out of a job ASAP. Why should these standards be looked over because they are the best at what they do? Why should buyers feel afraid to speak their truth, regarding past circumstances?

Threats made in the meta community is just as real as conspiracy to commit murder/assault and I don't know why some sellers would throw them around so lightly, as if it's a joke. -.-

Return to “Seller Review”