new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 20
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Kale

Just a forewarning that this is just me venting frustration. I'll try starting with something positive. I've been making progress lately in my path with meditation. I've also begun to remember more of my dreams as I've been making records of them when I wake. I've been trying to determine what spirits or thoughtforms may be around, but seem to be stuck. I've tried a couple of unbound readings without much success. I just ordered an ultimate reading from Rose Quartz Labyrinth to see what comes up there. I have a Courtwind, as of a few weeks ago, that seems to have helped with some of the unbounds, but I've had no contact/manifestation as of yet.

Anyway, one suggestion I saw in reference to dealing with possible thoughtforms was Reiki healing and chakra alignment/balancing. So I went to a local Reiki healer and described what has been going on with me. I think she wanted to remove any attachments and I told her that I just wanted to understand what was around, and if it wasn't something helpful then I wanted it to go. I had a CH white arts reading and binding bracelet on and felt some pressure as she was doing her work. I mentioned it and she said it was allowing things through that I may not want. She saw a blockage on my hip. This was where I had a talisman in my pocket with the ultimate protection binding from CH, but I didn't mention it. She asked about the bindings and I think things just went downhill from there. She cut the session short and said she couldn't help me with the spirit issue because it's not in line with what she does. She said she uses the power of Jesus to remove attachments, so that right there should have told me I might be in the wrong place. At least she was honest and she said she wouldn't charge me, so I'm not faulting her as she did the chakra alignment, aura balancing and energy infusion.

I guess I'm just frustrated trying to figure out who can/can't help and what steps to take next in making progress in this path. One thing for sure is I need to figure out what my path is and what I hope to gain from it. At the moment I just want some form of understanding of the spirits that have been around me for some time. I know they're not malevolent, but I'm unsure why they want to be around me and what it is I'm supposed to learn if anything. I'll just continue the meditation, see what the reading reveals, and keep searching for someone local to assist with guidance (I'm in NC, USA).

Again, I apologize for venting here. I just don't have anyone to talk to about this kind of thing. My wife doesn't understand and I don't think she wants to, and most people I talk to would just tell me to go to mental health.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Aside from the Jesus thing, it sounds like you had a really good session. Usually, you would be requested to take off all metal and crystals and things of that sort. Electronic devices, especially. It was interesting that she was sensitive enough to find vessels. I can barely feel them when I know what they are and they are in my hand. Maybe it wasn't clear to her what your goals for the session were. It tends to take a lot of sessions with Reiki, which is why your best bet is always to get attuned and treat yourself every day. Then go in for sessions from time to time to get an outside perspective on your progress. Maybe you can get a free attunement or two online. Or in the chat room. Lots of people have Reiki and don't charge for it. Or even just a quick session for you to see how it feels at a distance. It doesn't tend to have as much sensation as being worked on in person. It took me some practice to learn to be on the receiving end. The first time you try sending Reiki at a distance to someone you will feel the flow and know how well it is being received because your role is so much more active. Anyway, having a clear intention going into the session and removing anything that could interfere ahead of time would be helpful if you try again with another local Reiki person.

kaledragule
new here
new here

Thanks for the advice. I'll admit I didn't have clear intention as I'm not even sure what I need at the moment. The primary intent of getting chakra alignment and aura repair was done, so in that respect it was a success. I feel my expectations were just too high, and when she stopped and said she couldn't help me I felt even more confused and frustrated.

I'll check into the attunements and try a remote practitioner as you said. Do you have any suggestions? I'm just stubbing my toes in the dark at the moment.

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

I think you posted this before the reading got completed, but I wanted to hop over here and offer some advice on picking a Reiki practitioners.

Before picking a Reiki practitioner talk with them about their beliefs ALWAYS. A Pagan, Buddhist, or even someone who isn't specifically Christian practicing Reiki will take a very different view of it than a Christian coming at it from that perspective. Most Christians practicing Reiki see it as "the light of God" where most other practitioners tend toward a less denominational stance on the methods. If they say they practice it through, as you said they did "The Power of Jesus" that is going to be a big red flag just as you said.

What you are looking for is someone who's both strong in their practice and certain in their skills but also one who's not judgmental. That sounds like a contradiction but it does exist. Remember there is no harm in discussing the situation with the practitioner before a session is booked, asking if they feel they could do a Reiki session or Chakra Alignment (they are slightly different, as a full Reiki Session focuses on the whole of the body and energy system, and a Chakra Alignment only focuses on the chakras and middle pillar).

My experience has been that the more eclectic a Reiki healer is, often the better at their art they are. They have less judgmental-ism but often have their own world views and methods. Likewise above all else trust your senses. If the first few seconds of talking to them makes you go "wow, something is off" don't stick around.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
kaledragule
new here
new here

Thanks Charles. Yes, your reading came after the post, and it was spot on for alot of the the things going on with my path and myself.

Regarding the practitioner, she spoke of three heavens and that the spirits are from a lower heaven and operate on a lower vibration. She asked me if I had a portal open in my home, and said she had one at one point and she was helping the spirits "move on to a better place" until it was closed. I said I didn't necessarily want the being to leave, but wanted to communicate with it and potentially learn something. At that point the session got wrapped up, and she said she couldn't help me further.

I'll definitely be doing more of a vetting process in the future. I don't fault her for her beliefs if they're working for her. If nothing else, I learned Reiki for Jesus is a thing.

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Yeah I've run into that more myself as time has went on. I'd always figured those practicing Reiki would have an open mind, but you'd be surprised how quickly Dogma can entrench itself into anything.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”