Ability for a user to delete his posts and threads

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Cr1ogeN
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wiser
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Would be really nice for members who want to delete their old threads and posts that don't represent them anymore or for the ones who simply want to clean up stuff (with OCD disorder).

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

If you need a post or a thread, or a small number of threads, removed, send a note to the Help Desk or else ask a mod to do it. What happens is that posts or threads actually get archived, rather than deleted, but they will be gone from the public eye so that amounts to the same thing.

However, that does not mean that a person is going to be able to submit a long list of threads to archive. That will be way too much of a project, as mods and admins are mostly working full-time jobs on top of forum duties.

Besides, some of our older posts are like indicators to us, should we look back on them, that will show us how far we've come since the time they were written. There is no shame in having posted about a topic and then afterward, learning more things about that topic than we knew before. None of us is born with All The Knowledge, so it stands to reason that over time, we are always learning more things. Celebrate that, rather than feeling bad that there was a time before we knew all the things we know today.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Cr1ogeN
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wiser
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Well, that's so bad to hear. It would have been nice if we were more in control of our profile. No one would have lost anything anyway.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”