Question: can our spirits 'control' our pets?

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

So yeah, controlling in the way of making sure pets don't fight or eat each other?

Because I'm thinking about getting a cat/kitten, ( and many people here have already commented about how cats are more likely to interact with your spirits), as I want another pet, and would like to have atleast one guarding pet.
Cause next to my spirits, I would like to get another pet that is going to hiss to everyone who dares to rob my place ( not that I've had any robbers in the past, but I have had some trouble living in this appartment and my frontdoor being misjudged by my neighbour as her frontdoor in the middle of the night).
I own two chipmunks right now, and no matter how much I love them... well I always wanted to have a lot of pets. I'm an animal person after all.
But the fact is that no matter how much I'm looking for certain races of cats, especially for a cat species that goes together very well with other pets, there could still be those moments where your cat decides to hunt your chipmunks ( chipmunks kinda look like mice so).

So do you think it's possible for me to get a cat, and my spirits keep an eye on the pets, to make sure the cat never dares to eat or scare my chipmunks? It's already in my list of rules that my spirits need to make sure my pets are safe and guarded, and kept company while I'm away working.
But as I haven't communicated with my spirits yet, and have trouble connecting with them, I'm not sure if I would get an honest answer if I would be asking the question to them.
And the fact is that I can't take any risk when the lives of my chipmunks are involved.

Till now no matter what has happened, my chipmunks never got into trouble ( even when I was forced to leave my female running free in my studio as I needed to go and she didn't want to be caught), and I think it's greatly thanks to my spirits who keep an eye on them, but... well I would like to get your opinions on this matter.

Does any of you petowners, ever has faced the trouble of your pets fighting/killing each other, in the time you got spirits?
I mean, could your spirits act like the dog Spike who always gets in between Tom the Cat and Jerry the Mouse, so the Mouse doesn't get eaten?

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

Don't want to burst your bubble there Fireshadow, but it would be a bad idea rely on your spirits for something like that.

While it is certainly possible that a spirit could potentially distract a predator animal from attacking prey species once in a while. It would be naive to think they could constantly or even consistently override the instinct to chase/hunt.

There are ways to reduce the risks I'm sure. Like raising the cat from a very young age around the Chipmunks(in so possibly imprinting them more as siblings rather than prey), and properly feeding and exercising(so it is too full and too tired to act on it's instincts), etc. And then maybe with everything else, your spirits could be that extra little behavioral curb, but they shouldn't be the first and only thing you try if you do want to risk it.

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
Nil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

Agreed with Rai there. Always remember, nobody (except BA) can alter free will. Instincts are another scenario which is similar to Free will. As Rai pointed out, they can distract or might even "Scold" or intimidate the pet. But they cannot override. Just like you scolding a lion, it is not always 100% successful in stopping a lion chomping down a chihuahua. Spirits can help, but they can never 100% prevent a predator in chomping down the prey. If a lion is hungry, the lion is hungry. It is going to chomp the chihuahua even if you a gun pointed at him.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Rai the Kentauride Magnet, ಠ_ಠ wrote:Don't want to burst your bubble there Fireshadow, but it would be a bad idea rely on your spirits for something like that.

While it is certainly possible that a spirit could potentially distract a predator animal from attacking prey species once in a while. It would be naive to think they could constantly or even consistently override the instinct to chase/hunt.

There are ways to reduce the risks I'm sure. Like raising the cat from a very young age around the Chipmunks(in so possibly imprinting them more as siblings rather than prey), and properly feeding and exercising(so it is too full and too tired to act on it's instincts), etc. And then maybe with everything else, your spirits could be that extra little behavioral curb, but they shouldn't be the first and only thing you try if you do want to risk it.
All of this. ^^^^ Raising the cat alongside the chipmunks MIGHT help it to not perceive them as something to chase (or worse). However, there’s no telling if the chipmunks would fear a feline instinctively or not, as they’re prey animals in the wild.

Best bet: never, ever have the chipmunks outside their cage while a cat or dog, or other pet with predators for ancestors, is around. If you want them to come out, do it in a closed room without the cat/dog, or put the big pets in a crate or carrier if you must. And never again should you let the chipmunks out when you are scheduled to be leaving soon for some reason. Only have them out when you’re absolutely, positively home for the rest of the day/night.

Rely on muggle techniques to get muggle tasks accomplished. We can ask our keep for help, but we can’t put all the responsibility on them.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
Rai the Kentauride Magnet, ಠ_ಠ wrote:Don't want to burst your bubble there Fireshadow, but it would be a bad idea rely on your spirits for something like that.

All of this. ^^^^ Raising the cat alongside the chipmunks MIGHT help it to not perceive them as something to chase (or worse). However, there’s no telling if the chipmunks would fear a feline instinctively or not, as they’re prey animals in the wild.

Best bet: never, ever have the chipmunks outside their cage while a cat or dog, or other pet with predators for ancestors, is around. If you want them to come out, do it in a closed room without the cat/dog, or put the big pets in a crate or carrier if you must. And never again should you let the chipmunks out when you are scheduled to be leaving soon for some reason. Only have them out when you’re absolutely, positively home for the rest of the day/night.

Rely on muggle techniques to get muggle tasks accomplished. We can ask our keep for help, but we can’t put all the responsibility on them.
Well thanks for the fast answers. I'm with you all of the side that I should definitly keep an eye on it as well. Today I looked up to get an Abyssinian cat and maybe a Somali or Ocicat. They are the smartest cats out there, and can go along well with other pets. Next to that, my chipmunks would be housed in an enclosure ( they are already in an enclosure), in a different room ( with a door that I can close). And I was planning to buy kittens, so they can be thought from a young age that they aren't allowed to hurt my chipmunks.
So my spirits would be an extra way of protecting my chipmunks.
And next to that, I'll probably be praying and begging the Goddesses for some extra luck in this matter.
Cause yeah... I want other pets, but for a dog it's too early, as I'm living on my own, and can't be home all the time... My mom always told me that when you buy a dog, there should be someone at home during the day so the dog isn't lonely.
Cats are said to be able to be on their own most of the time. As I'm looking into those cat breeds, it's mentioned that they need attention, so I'll probably buy two of them to make sure they don't miss any attention when I'm out for work.
There aren't many other pets I can think about that will keep you company when you're feeling lonely... and cats are said to be able to 'interact' with your spirits so.

Bhardin78
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unsure at this momen
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pegasus or unicorn
Zodiac:

Fireshadow, the best thing is to see if you can do a trial with the cat/kitten. I have a cat, dog and two Sugar Gliders. The cat hates the dog, the dog can't understand why the "living squeaky toy (aka Athena Louise the cat) won't play with him. They both ignore the gliders. Athena Louise (because who knows why, she is a hunter), and the dog ignores them since they were there first. He's know from the git go to leave them alone.

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Bhardin78 wrote:Fireshadow, the best thing is to see if you can do a trial with the cat/kitten. I have a cat, dog and two Sugar Gliders. The cat hates the dog, the dog can't understand why the "living squeaky toy (aka Athena Louise the cat) won't play with him. They both ignore the gliders. Athena Louise (because who knows why, she is a hunter), and the dog ignores them since they were there first. He's know from the git go to leave them alone.
well I was thinking about doing a trial with my cat, but my mom almost had a heartattack when I told her I wanted to have two kitties in home ( She was not going to visit me in my home, if I had two of them) So my Jojen is currently my only cat... Of course, I now always need to close to the desk room where my chipmunks are in their cages ( cause my male chipmunk seems to be afraid of the cat), but I'm prone to think that my spirits demand enough attention from my kitten so he doesn't seem to be going to the door of the deskroom. He kinda ignores the room, unless I'm in there.

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

So you want kittens, eh? Coming from someone who had kittens in the house, remember this. Kittens get into everything so kitten proof your place. They can fit between fridges and the wall. Kittens chase anything that moves so be sure to keep your chipmunks secure. If you want your chipmunks to run around your home, I suggest an exercise ball. That way, the chipmunk is safe and won't get lost.

I used to have gerbils and a cat who'd chase them every opportunity so I did my best keeping the gerbils secure. Sometimes they escaped and thankfully the cat didn't kill any but he certainly chased the escapees. When I got an exercise ball, then a gerbil would run into the cat who wasn't impressed and ignored the ball.

Those are all muggle solutions and I find are the most effective.

As for your spirits, you can task them to keep the cats off the kitchen counter, off beds, etc. That seems to work for my cats but you do need to teach feline friends the meaning of the word no. They do learn but tend to test if no still means no. I think you can task your keep to help you train your cats.

Good luck and enjoy your pets.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”