Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It's easy to over think things and become over run with the minutia, but in Spirit Keeping it is absolutely essential that you do not over think things to the point that you're completely second-guessing yourself, you don't know what is going on, you're overrun with questions and doubts.

You're here for a reason

It's important to keep at the forefront of your mind that you were drawn to Spirit Keeping because it is something that makes sense to you, and you relate to the practice of being a Keeper. Likewise, the spirits that came to you have come to you for a reason, and despite your hang-ups, doubts, and issues, they chose to be with you.

Tasking is key

Tasking is something often overlooked by new Keepers, and it's really something that should be part of the origin of your relationship. You need to task your spirits, even when they are brand new to you, because it helps you both work together, it aids in the bonding process, and it opens doors for many different routes of communication and interaction. You can task your spirits to do easy things, things they can help you with each day, they can be daily routine tasks or can be related to magic & the supernatural, and you can leave them open-ended or you can give the tasks a time & date for completion.

Tasking can be of an individual spirit, or you can group-task your spirits to work on something together. You can also give a spirit companion an individual task and a group task. It's something that helps set expectations, it is a great exercise in helping you communicate and work with your spirits, and it reminds you that they are there to be part of your life and be part of your journey.

Time is relative

You're the one living on a 24-hour day, they don't. This is something that is a common theme in Helpdesk for those who are new to Spirit Keeping. They feel that because they are busy and they don't have the time they feel they should have, that their spirits are going to abandon them or leave them.

You measure your days in second, minutes, hours... you see days, weeks, and years pass, and that's not something they experience anymore. Your spirits chose you because they already know what you are like, what your life is like, and what it's going to be like to be a part of your life. So if you don't always have time the way you did before, or if you have a life event that happens and takes up more of your time than usual, it doesn't mean that your spirits are going to jump ship & bail on you. They are there because they wanted to actively be a part of your life.

Try not to be judgmental with yourself and put unrealistic expectations on yourself. You can only do what you can do each day, and no one is asking for the impossible. This is where tasking spirits can come in handy, because you actively make them part of your life, even if you don't necessarily have the time to work with them directly & independently.

It's a relationship

Having spirit companions is no different than having other friends. It's a relationship, it's a give & take, it's a connection that is shared of ideas, emotions, thoughts, events, and spans the spectrum from the good times & the bad times. It's easy sometimes, because they are not physically present in your life, to forget that it's still a relationship & still a friendship that is formed between the two of you. You both are sharing a mutual admiration and respect for each other, and that is something that should be celebrated. The thought that despite time, despite species, and despite sometimes thousands of years in cultures & history, there are still the primal, core connections between two beings that means something and is special. Don't let the awe of that escape you, because it is something that is unique and special to Spirit Keeping.

Listen, feel, react

Even if you feel like you are blind and deaf when it comes to spirit communication & interaction, there is always a way that spirits communicate with you that you can recognize. There are numerous ways spirits can connect with you and interact, and the most common are telepathy, dreams, visions, and signs, however those are not the only ways. Spirits can communicate through physical flickers of lights, orbs, streaks, movement of objects in your home, phantom scents & sounds, temperature variances in select areas in your home or around you, fluctuation of emotional energies around you, and countless other ways they can reveal their presence.

One of the most commonly overlooked is their ability to interject their thoughts or ideas on something through a sharp adjustment to your emotions/intuitive feelings. It's a flash of a second, but it's an energy disruption to you that manifests as a feeling. For example, if you met someone your spirit companion(s) felt was toxic, they can express their thought through a flash of an emotion or feeling that you would experience.

Your spirits, whether you sense them or not, are continually a part of your life, and their work on your behalf continues to be an expression in your journey. Whether you are immediately aware of that fact does not negate their contributions to your life & success. They are there as part of your journey and part of your life either way.

This isn't a dress rehearsal

Life is a precious gift, and their desire to be a part of your life is an added bonus. It's so important not to over think things and get caught up in anxiety & stress, and enjoy who you are, what you have, and your experiences throughout this journey. Your life isn't a dress rehearsal, it's the one & only time you are going to be you, so it's important that you find the happiness and the faith, and the love, and the trust in yourself and share that appreciation of who you are, and what you can do with your spirit friends. Be confident in yourself and love who you are. There is quite literally no one else in the Universe who is you, that's something to appreciate, celebrate, and enjoy.

Learn something, be excited to explore history

Likewise to you being special & unique, your spirit companions are all unique, special beings who want to celebrate their lives, their experiences, their knowledge, and their joy with you. Learn from your spirits and what they have to share with you. In the 21st century the world has almost completely abandoned history and the majority of the people in the world aren't learning from history and they will repeat mistakes that should never be repeated, but you don't have to fall into that rut. You can be inspired by your spirit companions, you can learn about their cultures & beginnings, you can dig into history and empower yourself. You become part of the larger consciousness of existence in doing so, and you will be absolutely, flat-out amazed and how much more savvy and intelligent you are, and how far less you fall into the traps of others, when you immerse yourself in the wisdom that history & the history of your spirits bring into your life.

Other thoughts to keep in mind...

CH spirits aren't like the rest

There's a reason that Spirit Keeping, in the way that we all practice Spirit Keeping, isn't something you can find pre-dating this website & our books, because the way that this community keeps spirits is not the summoning & commanding of spirits that is well-documented throughout the history of conjuration & magic. You can read other threads here about this history of Spirit Keeping and the other type of spirit work which involves summoning of spirits in ancient practices for dominion over their supernatural abilities, but that's not what Spirit Keeping is.

Because of this, you can't apply the principles or the ideas of other practitioners, websites, blogs, etc to CH spirits. You don't know where their experience is coming from, so when they tell you that you can't get your vessel wet, or if you don't speak to your spirits every day they will leave, or if you don't make a proper offering they will be mad at you... and these are just a few examples, but all examples of things that are NOT true with CH spirit companions.

If you want information on CH spirits you need to ask us, because we are the practitioners that actually performed the binding and we are the only people who can give you accurate & proper answers. All of our bindings, spirits & magic, come with a very intense CH-proprietary blend of spells that safeguard the binding & the spirit's privacy, and this is why we so strongly & emphatically have said for years that you cannot blindly believe someone else on what they say about CH spirits, because we don't share the full details of our practices with anyone outside of CH.

And that's not unusual. That is why when you write in our Helpdesk with something related to another seller/practitioner, we tell you to contact that seller/practitioner with your questions. We do not have knowledge of their practices any more than they have of ours.

Know who you're listening to

I know over the last 17 years more & more sites/social blogs are popping up that feign profound knowledge of Spirit Keeping, but in our experience via helpdesk tickets with people who discovered and listened to these sites/blogs it begs the question, why are they being toxic? If you want to be successful as a Spirit Keeper then you have to advocate for yourself. You have to be the one who questions their credentials, questions their experience, questions their tenure in conjuring & working with spirits, and especially question why some are so expressly toxic in making Keepers feel inadequate, unwanted, unsure, etc.

We have been warning against blindly listening to pop-up websites, Tumblr blogs, Facebook groups, etc that have people who are not speaking from a real place of knowledge & experience. We know, because we were the first website related to Spirit Keeping, we have been here the entire time, and we've watched real practitioners come & blossom and become incredible members of the community... and we've also watched people come, stir the pot, cause lots of issues, and then either disappear completely or come back under a whole new identity.

Your success as a Spirit Keeper is in your hands, and it's up to you to make sure other people don't rob you of what you came for, and the experiences, enlightenment, and growth that called you to this path in the first place. Be a warrior for your happiness, be a leader for your evolution, and be an advocate for your success.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,

The article was a timely read, as I was having lots of questions in mind on few isssues. Thank you for the encouraging post.

Nil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

Very well written. Covers a lot of areas especially those concerning new keepers who are trigger-happy. And. ..... *reads second last paragraph*....

::pot:: ::pot:: ::pot::

SpiritGurl
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Rei
Zodiac:

<3 Thank you for this, very encouraging post

For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come-Shakespeare

Hell is just a frame of mind-Christopher Marlowe

Darkling I listen; and, for many a time
I have been half in love with easeful Death,
Call'd him soft names in many a musèd rhyme,
To take into the air my quiet breath;
Now more than ever seems it rich to die,
To cease upon the midnight with no pain,
While thou art pouring forth thy soul abroad
In such an ecstasy!
-
John Keats
Eden's Eve
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 27
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Daemons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Very well written and an excellent read for those who are new to working with spirits/entities. I would like to add one thing, respectively.

With learning spirit communication, it is extremely important to have faith and believe in yourself. Doubting your ability to communicate with your companion will only hinder you. Instead, know you possess this ability and know you can access this ability. We are all born with psychic abilities, as we grow older for various reasons, some lose touch with these abilities. That doesn't mean you can't get them back. People have the tendency to over think spirit communication and that is where self doubt seeps in. Just know you DO possess the ability to communicate and know you can access it.

http://www.edensapple.net Infernal custom conjures and more
no name
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: no anwer
If I could be anything, I would be...: no answer
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: no answer

Thank you, Magnolia for this great read :)

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I appreciate the post. It's almost like you timed it too. :P encouraging speeches are awesome.

conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

In reference to "tasking", can we task :
- Gods
- immortals
- Satan
- the universe?

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Well said & put-Thank you for posting this!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

In reference to "tasking", can we task :
- Gods
- immortals
- Satan
- the universe?
In what context, and why?

Your top 3 fall under the same umbrella, and the Universe would be an aggregate of all things, so in generality it would have to be taken on a case-by-case basis.

Are you working with these Immortals already? Are they already resigned to working with you on a task? Are they invested in your journey?

Immortals are living beings, so they are going to have their own agenda, their own lives, their own motivation.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Magnolia”