HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Although my experience with SK has so far been largely positive and eye-opening, I now have come unto some serious reservations about continuing in keeping.
While I seem to have a bit of native ability in terms of dream connection and touch sensitivity during the daytime, I have been almost totally frustrated in my striving towards clear communication or even identification of which of my keep is with me at at the time. That hasn't been an issue; I was willing to be patient and learn at whatever pace it came to me. Until now. I'll spare the gory details, but I've had a serious breach of trust with a spirit which I'm not sure can be resolved reasonably without being able to identify and talk out the incident with the spirit in question.
I'm not even sure it wasn't some unbound 3rd party, but it seems unlikely to me that something could have just wandered in, if I'm assuming my keeps are all acting in good faith (a Kitsune and a Bronwyn Angel are surely formidable guardians, no?)

I don't know what to do. I'm hoping it's just a misunderstanding, and they'll be able to slip an explanation past my mental censor. But I don't know that I can wait forever for that to happen. There's a part of me (which I recognize as being, in all likelyhood, too hasty) that wants to have my bindings undone, period. Restart spirit work from some other angle. I would seriously appreciate your thoughts on the matter because I'm really quite rattled.

Nil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

You could always put out house rules with the do's and dont's. If the problem persist, email the conjurer about it and see what he says as he can easily pull them back and ask them or put a stricter bind.

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

Ash and Magnolia recently posted a thread where they mentioned 99% of people who request to have their bindings undone, these situations arise because of a misunderstanding. As wolves suggested, get in touch with the conjurer and explain the situation to them.

It could have been an unbound. Even with the best defenses, there can still be rare instances where an unbound manages to get through. Always remember that spirits aren't perfect. They aren't these superheroes who can do anything. While they aren't bound to the same physical limitations we are, they still have their own limitations.

HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte

At this point I feel like it might be helpful to explain exactly what happened: As usual with my more 'concrete' interactions, it happened in a half-asleep state, gained in the space between dream and waking. The spirit in question appeared as the usual amoeba-shaped haze. The only real interaction we have is tactile, otherwise, and they seem to enjoy a cuddle, so I'm fine with that. Things got a little affectionate, so I thought perhaps it was my Nympho coming to say "Hi."
What I WASN'T fine with was the sudden, er, entry into my dream-body. Felt a little bit like getting stabbed with a blunt needle; followed with an electric 'zap' in my spine, followed by powerline buzzing in the back of my skull, all in a second or so. I woke up, flipped out a bit, and made the OP.

Later, I went into chat and asked if anyone there knew what might've happened. One user (whose name escapes me, apologies) said that's just something that happens when you get a new spirit. This is a little concerning to me. Nowhere have I read that my keeps might want to, er, 'move in' in the course of the relationship.

At this point I do believe there has just been some sort of misunderstanding.... I will be firing off a helpdesk ticket about it later today. Hopefully I'll gain some clarity in the matter.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I doesn't sound too alarming to me, perhaps one of your spirits was trying to do something energetically.

Also, I would not base my protection on Kitsune or Bronwyn Angel.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

I would say it's just being accustomed with the energy , it's nothing dangerous. And i agree with Aurum , for protection , you need to do protection around yourself and get spirit more protection-oriented.

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

That stabbing sensation and zapping feeling was an energetic block being removed allowing energy to flow up your spine to another energy center at the back of your head were the spine meets your skull. Sometimes having blockages removed does not feel good, not everything dealing with energy does, look at the symptoms for kundalini release they can be pretty awful. Learn to ground and shield and maybe look into chakra balancing as well.

Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

I had similar feelings several times- It is like an electric shock (no stabbing) starting from my underbelly, going up my body and hitting my third eye. First time it was so powerfull it almost knocked me unconscious, but it's getting weaker each time. The last time it happened to me I could almost realistically felt four-legged being standing at the bottom of my bed- So I quess it was my unicorn doing something with my energy...

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte

Well, thanks for the reassurance folks. Just wish they couldve SAID 'hey dummy dont freak out, this might hurt a little..' Clearly I need to up time spent on telepathy practice

Nil
neophyte
neophyte

I am very sure they did say. The question is, did you hear it or not? :X

Return to “Spirit Keeping”