Yew in potions or occult alchemy?

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

How would you harness Yew for alchemical or magick purposes? It’s a plant that’s magickally associated with immortality or resurrection yet is somehow poisonous for living things of flesh.

The answer for the physical magic uses might have to be that drinking or eating it is not involved. What can it be used for then?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

From what I can tell it is used mostly for burning to communicate with the dead (this was noted as not recommended,) decorating for Yule as a reminder of the doors of death as the Holly King died, and crafting things for divination or communication like oghum (although never anything that would be eaten or drunk from.) It does have some potentially medicinal properties in desperate situations (such as cancer and obtaining an abortion) but should never be used in that capacity by a layperson.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Is there no way to safely ingest yew oil in a way that can help prolong yourself however it is? If not what about a way to absorb its magickal power or energies somehow?

I’ve always felt a draw to this tree for some reason, maybe because of thought association with Yggdrasil in Norse mythology idk if they actually have anything to do with each other?

If not then what about Ormus as an alternative substance?

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Yew is a poisonous type of wood. Hence known as the tree of death and it's associations with death. Having a piece of it around seems okay, but I'd totally refrain from ingesting it. But if you do, tell us how it went *smirk*

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

It is so very poisonous that even drinking from a cup made out of the wood can kill you.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I would find other ways to interact with it, like have a yew object you can honor with offerings or meditate with. That sort of thing.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

It might be beneficial to learn herbology as people are still using the medicinal properties of herbs today. Before pharmaceuticals were mass-produced, there were herbs. And some pharmaceuticals still come from plants today.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Is there a plant associated with Yggdrasil?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alright maybe you can’t ingest yew but I thought of a spell idea several months ago depending on what you want to use it for.

1. Put the yew bark/leaves into a tincture that will be enough to absorb its contents, but don’t drink.

2. Add a droplet of your own blood to the tincture, in order to cement a connection between yourself and the tree’s energies in order to allow them to pass into your energy system. Whatever happens after could be either longevity or a portal within your life opened.

3. ??? with the glass vial (Store it somewhere or pour it out at a specific location to keep the connection.) Recipe is designed to establish a connection between your energy system and the tree’s along with whatever is on the other side.

Above is not my current goal but I did come up with the idea some time ago. Or it manifested (Probably by the shadow self before the ‘split’ with a segment of it or some entity). No longer interested, but it’s a curiosity gift to any magick practitioners who work with energy that might be interested in looking at this recipe for what it is.

This is more out of curiosity but what do you think would happen if you were ‘buried’ in a casket made of yew also?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

1. I’ve done effective cursing with spell jars before, and I don’t see why this wouldn’t work just as well. You came up with a really great concept there.

2. No idea as to casket. Nothing obviously and externally unusual in the physical plane I’m betting.

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”