Out of the blue: Broken tombstone, Mom's remains and gifts

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
Stargazer_Lilly
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sorceress
My magical/paranormal name...: Lilly
Zodiac:

So, since I saw this topic within the Forum, I decided why not share a dream I had in July that still sticks with me?
I had it written down simply because of what it was. I'm copying and pasting it, and would love to hear what others' thoughts may be. So, without further dallying:

Well, I realise the subject summary can sound a little off. But I had to include the key elements here.

Without going into too much detail on my history with dreams (I am at work and therefore rushing to type this, simply because I can't get it out of my head) and let's just say, there are random dreams, hazy dreams, dreams I can't recall, and then there are dreams Where I am super aware, everything is super clear, and I remember every detail.

Short background on Mom:
My mother passed away about 10 years ago now. I cannot believe it has been that long already, but it was Christmas 2008. I was 18, and just completed high school.

I have dealt with quite a few things surrounding her death, and I am at peace with what happened.
I haven't thought specifically about her recently, as well..life has been busy and I met a new man I am seeing too (dating not being something i've ever been big on, so that's new).

So no trigger objects/smells/experiences or anything to add to this dream.

However, last night I remember becoming aware in my dream. I was in a field, and I instantly recognised my surroundings as the graveyard we buried my mother in.
My closest friend was with me (she's like a sister to me, despite our age difference). I was staring at the ground at what I recognised as a broken part of a tombstone. I remember thinking "Wait, I hope it isn't..." and I picked it up. I recognised it immediately as a part of my Mother's tombstone.
I got sad and upset that someone did this to her tombstone, so I ran towards where she was buried so I could 'fix' the tombstone.

I got to her grave, and something was different.

It was the same tombstone, and I could clearly see where the piece I had in my hand had broken off. But instead of it being a tombstone on what was supposed to be mostly flat ground by now, it was like there was a sarcophagus , though by some of the plant growth on it I could tell this was quite a few years old - perhaps as old as 10 years. On top of the sarcophagus was my Mom's tombstone, with the missing piece.
I tried putting the piece back, seeing if I could fix it, when I noticed the piece I was busy trying to put back moved the connecting point underneath it.

I thought "What?"
I stood closer, and noticed that the area where the piece was broken off, was like a...lever? of sorts.
I inspected the area and noticed aged cogs and broken pieces of the sarcophagus, like someone tried desparately to try and break in to the sarcophagus.

I was infuriated (at the vandalism), intrigued (this is a sarcophagus with a lever?), sad (because this was my Mother) and hesitant (because her remains were in there...what could someone have wanted in there?)

I turned to my best friend a few times to ask "What the heck is this? What is going on? Look at what someone tried to do!"

I pulled the lever-like part of the tombstone to reveal more of what was inside the sarcophagus, not wanting to, because it is my mom's remains in there. I didn't feel I was ready to look in and just see her bones..or whatever would be left after almost 10 years. I did however have to proceed, because I needed to know why, and how I could fix this.

I could see bones..the legs. I saw it in detail. I almost pulled away, feeling very emotional (but I was not scared, or traumatised. I didn't feel like anything bad was afoot at all, or negativity.
This was just me dealing with what I was to do now.

I did however reach in, as scattered around the bones were various gifts.

I remember thinking "Who buried these here? when could this have happened? How did it happen?"

I picked up what was a jewelry set (silver and gemstones, looked handmade) and looking at it, then looking over my shoulder at my best friend. These weren't the types of items my Mom would wear, so it wasn't her own. It was placed here.
I also saw small jars like with scented candles, and basically there were these trinkets and gifts throughout the sarcophagus.

I then woke up

I have no idea what to make of the above, but it has been in my mind the entire day.
Note that, after my Mom passed, my Dad got married a year or so later, so a new family moved in our home. I have sinced moved away (after finishing studies and job hunting) and the once extremely close, inseparable bond my Dad and I once shared, has withered. So there's that.

I don't know if there is any other information you would like to know, that i may have left out or that may assist you.

So it seems pretty straightforward, but also, odd.
Mom was very a very conservative Christian. I was the odd child :) Though she was absolutely loving.

..anyway, had to get it off my chest somewhere.

Dreamerunknown
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Impressive dream, dreams are often very symbolic. The "gifts" you found inside the sarcophagus might have been things she has passed onto you, like facets of the character & abilites. The broken piece of the tombstone might have been something in the direction of something has become less, maybe the rememberance your family had for her in the past. But in the end it's you who decides on the message of your dream, like follow your intuition.

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”