You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I had a conversation with someone that I met on a jinn forum and I can tell you that this person had no clue at all about keeping a djinn. I blame movies and tv first of all. He kept telling me that I should make her appear and do things, like she's a performing monkey or something! I tried to explain to this dolt about what my relationship is like with my djinn but he didn't listen. It amazes me how people don't really have much of a clue about how things really work with spirit keeping.

Now some of us, myself included, kind of have preconceived notions about what it's like, especially when we hear about those who have amazing experiences with their spirits. Still, there are some I've learned that think everything in real life is how it is on TV or in movies, especially when it comes to djinn.

I really like speaking to so-called experts who really don't have a clue what they're talking about. I've found that it's sometimes best to only talk about spirit keeping with those who do it. Am I the only one?

Sorry, I had to vent a little because I love my djinn with all my heart and when someone thinks that she's my slave makes me mad.

vikingwarior74
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

What started the whole thing is that this bonehead got a book about summoning djinn. I tried to send him here to get a djinn because mine told me that you never EVER should try to summon a djinn. She said you won't like what comes through, as we all know there is a difference between a djinn and a spirit djinn. And that's how it all started...sigh

Dreamerunknown
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

I think for proper summoning you need to be quite into the journey. "Die Geister, die ich rief". ;)

marcoank
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
Zodiac:

If you guided the person, then I would not worry too much, because the person has to shoulder the consequences of their acts, which can be no good.
I saw a person, many years ago, a beginner, practicing goetia without protection and without guidance and found himself in bad linen, even trying to commit suicide. Since I did not have to do this, I did not feel guilty for it.

As for offending the entity, as one Buddhist monk once said to me, the Entity knows how to defend itself, so we do not need to rush to its aid.

vikingwarior74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Dreamerunknown wrote:I think for proper summoning you need to be quite into the journey. "Die Geister, die ich rief". ;)
I agree. The problem is that he got this book he found online about summoning the djinn. I told mine about it and she immediately freaked and told me to do what I could to stop him. I checked out the book myself and it was one of those demon summoning books disguised as a djinn summoning.

I shared with him about this website and then I think he got his djinn the way I did. I haven't heard too much about him since as I assume that he's okay. Disaster averted!

My djinn told me that when people try stuff like that they usually get agressive or outright evil djinn from it. Especially if they don't know what they're doing.

vikingwarior74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

[
As for offending the entity, as one Buddhist monk once said to me, the Entity knows how to defend itself, so we do not need to rush to its aid.[/quote]

I know she does. It's just the idea that this jerk (I am being very nice with my terms) really made me made because he kind of assumed that she was like a performing monkey or my slave for parlor tricks.

I've spoken to LOTS of people on here who have great relationships with their djinn and I know that's not the type of relationship they have with theirs. Mine does remind me that the type of relationship she and I have is not always typical and from talking to several of you, I've confirmed that. But then again our relationship has grown into what it is over a few of my lifetimes, so...

I think the real morale of the story here is to do your research before you talk. And in the case of djinn it doesn't mean you read "The Arabian Nights" and watch "Wishmaster" and all its sequels and suddenly you are an expert on the djinn!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I know nothing about djinns either, but I would never assume anyone's relationship to a spirit was master and slave. Nor would I attempt conjuration following a ritual in a book. I know nothing of conjuration, and despite dabbling with minor summoning, there's no way I have enough knowledge to do that myself. On the other hand, I don't trust those kinds of materials much either. There's no telling where they come from.

I also avoid making any assumptions based on folklore, fictional tales, movies and TV. People must remember that fiction rarely imitates life (or other-realm reality); it is an author's / producer's / etc. viewpoint of an idea that they thought would be entertaining.

vikingwarior74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:I know nothing about djinns either, but I would never assume anyone's relationship to a spirit was master and slave. Nor would I attempt conjuration following a ritual in a book. I know nothing of conjuration, and despite dabbling with minor summoning, there's no way I have enough knowledge to do that myself. On the other hand, I don't trust those kinds of materials much either. There's no telling where they come from.

I also avoid making any assumptions based on folklore, fictional tales, movies and TV. People must remember that fiction rarely imitates life (or other-realm reality); it is an author's / producer's / etc. viewpoint of an idea that they thought would be entertaining.
Very well said.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”