Number of Spirits: 59
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich
Zodiac:

Greetings Creepy Hollows!

Today I wanted to get something out of my chest and see maybe if someone could shed a bit of light on the situation.

I have been reading some on the topic of making offerings and giving treats.

Due to my personality, I'm one of these people that likes to give others things that I know they enjoy or like, so why not do the same for my spirits?

So I have been trying to get something for all of them in my keep but I wanted to start small with a little something so I put a candle, a bit of coal and some coins.

The offering was meant for a gryphon, a fire faery and a Greek immortal, if that helps for you to figure something out.

So the candle has its own glass container even though the candle only occupies half of it.

As for the coal and the coins I grabbed a dish from the kitchen and put them there as I would offer something to any other guests in my house.

It's probably not the fanciest setup ever but I thought that if I tried to include them into what I would normally do it would be taken into consideration as part of the offering.

So I was just expecting that either the gifts would vanish and I'd get a little scared or that they would be left in there and I would remain clueless as if they liked it or not.

So I left them in my room in a special place I picked for the purpose where I wouldn't knock it over by mistake or something disrespectful like that.

The first morning... nothing happened.

But then the second morning I woke up and the offerings would be filled with water or some other kind of liquid.

I mean... I found the candle floating in the glass container which was filled to the very top. The coins were floating on the dish and the coal looked like a black sponge. The dish was filled with water to the point in which I moved it a bit and made a mess on the place I had left it. Curious enough is to say that the plate had moved from where I left it, and there is no source of water anywhere close.

I had to clean up the mess in a hurry as I needed to leave and ever since it has been haunting me because I haven't been able to get answers from my spirits.

My first thought was that maybe some of the water spirits had something to do and they were claiming something for them which would make sense.

I then thought that maybe one of the others could be playing a prank or something but it has never happened before. Even though I keep a poltergeist for example and I have found some things out of place at home, it has never been something like this obvious.

I asked my spirits and all of them got me the innocent look and none has claimed responsibility yet.

I don't have that much time as a keeper either so I don't know if this should be normal, if I need to engage some more severe house rules which have been followed until today or I would rather feel discouraged from making further offerings.

What would you suggest?

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Do you mind me asking if you live alone?

I ask because it seems like a lot of effort for those spirits to go to to cause those effects for themselves and you said they gave you an innocent look.

Could someone else - ie another human - have created that effect?

Most offerings from most spirit keepers to their bound spirits will simply be left, appreciated in some way and look just the same afterwards. Offerings have been made by humans to non-corporeal beings since before historical records began. As far as I can tell, on the vast majority of occasions the spirits may consume the offering on an energetic level or simply appreciate its spirit essence and usually don't feel the need to create dramatic effects on the physical plane with the offering itself.

I would personally try and eliminate all other possible causes before assuming such dramatic effects were caused by paranormal means. If they have been caused that way many people will be very jealous as it is probably the rare exception rather than the rule.

Sorry I don't want this to come across as negative. Some people report having these experiences far more than others and you may be one of those. Actually I don't look for that kind of thing myself and would probably want to protect myself from it happening without my permission ....just my own preference. I hope some of this post is useful.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Sorry I forgot to say : especially as you have a poltergeist spirit, you can ask them to tone down those kind of effects or stop them happening completely.

I read a post on this forum froma far more experienced spirit keeper than me that said most dark arts spirits will simply respect your request for them to tone such effects down and to stop acting up.

If the cause was not your own spirits, maybe you could add a request to them to prevent those things happening, as well as for them not to cause those things themselves.

That way whatever was responsible for delivering that effect (including another human) will be discouraged by your spirits from doing that again.

(You know your own circumstances better than me of course. If it was me I'd not discount the possibility of human interference, possibly encouraged by a spirit, in order to create a dramatic effect for me.)

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 59
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich
Zodiac:

Thank you so much for sharing a word, Lewk!

It certainly has proved useful. And to reply your question well yes, I do live by myself so I know there are no external human interferences with my offerings.

I do get your point on the sensations that such events could cause but people would describe me as being intense and I do find myself dwelling in darker mood settings than most people I deal with so it curious that I may freak out from a sudden crack on the door caused by the wind than having a full shadow standing by the side of my bed.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, I do appreciate your genuine concern.

I would also like to add that the day this happened was a pretty weird day in general terms.

I woke up feeling like I had this extreme hangover. I would feel weak and wanted to sleep some more but I had to be somewhere else that morning.

So I got up from bed, went to the bathroom and when I came back to my room, the offerings I made where just lying there for me to see.

At that time, I was still feeling a bit calm about it, but when I approached the offerings I noticed the liquid and that triggered my response.

The amount of water I found was just too much! I swear you wouldn't be able to fit another drop in there, lol.

So I felt like a little kid putting up a tantrum scene, I almost cried because it happened in the middle of my room. I had to clean it up because nobody else would and also because I could fall and knowing myself it was VERY possible that I would fall.

I had to run a bit and almost got late to my appointment but the feeling that I wanted to cry because someone had ruined my offerings didn't fade.

I keep a waterfall faery and the encyclopedia article says something about them being able to handle a material like the one I found so that was my first impression. Maybe she was claiming my attention.

I felt bad that it had been my immediate response because I felt I was being prejudiced.

My second thought was that maybe it could be any of the water spirits I keep but my mood changed and I felt a bit angry because it looked like a prank.

Obviously the poltergeist came to my mind and I felt even worse that I kept falling for the cliches.

Then my mind wandered completely out of topic and I got the impression that it looked like a girl had squirted in there because I've had to clean up those scenarios before.

Most of my companions are female and very sexual but as far as I know they don't squirt, why would they do it on my offerings when it makes no sense at all, and that doesn't explain why it was moved from where I left it.

Since I came up with so much different options, I remembered that I could ask my spirits if they new what had happened there. What I got was a bunch of shocked stares back but nobody said anything about it.

It reminded me when me and my siblings were young and would make a mistake or break something from the house and we would just pretend it never happened or that it was already in that state when we found it.

I couldn't help but to laugh it off and move on. I still want answers and maybe I am just not able to get all of their replies just yet.

My primary concern is if I should be more strict upon enforcing discipline with my spirit family. I don't consider that what happened is utterly wrong but I didn't like it.

I don't always have the chance to go into a deep meditation session or pass put during my sleep in order to get some answers I won't always remember upon waking if you know what I mean.

I do get the feeling from all of my spirits that they are very earthen and that their interactions can be strongly felt even when I have never been gifted with perception of any kind.

They have been helping me a lot with physical and mental healing as they would inspire me to do things but conversations are something that I would probably have to put a lot of effort in order to get.

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl

Return to “Spirit Keeping”