Books about DIY conjuration

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Koetting has great books on the subject. Just filter out the demon crap.

memento mori
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I feel like some skill of mediumship should be achieved or a prerequisite before practicing conjuration. Else, how would you know you succeeded or failed or brought in something unintentional? Simply reading a book sometimes is not enough to prepare for this kind of thing.

Of course, if you have some ability with discerning, sensing, and communicating with spirits, and you know how to protect yourself and banish, I say go for it. :)

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Ive learned strictly from books. It can be done but its no substitute for a teacher or experience. A teacher can be hard to find though and experience comes from doing the work.

In my experience with evocation all one needs is a strong entent. The only time i got sonething i didnt want from it was when i:
A, had doubts
And B, lacked certainty

memento mori
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

GodSlayerBabe wrote:Also if you don't know this already, Creepy Hollows has a book you can buy as an Ebook or Hardcover copy and it is called "Spirit Keeping - Advanced Guide for Spirit Keepers." They do talk a bit about beginning conjuration in it, that you can try yourself.
Yes, I enjoyed doing the one for calling a White Dragon and am looking to do more of that.

What with that book, the university classes and some CH products like conjure a spirit for yourself we can all have a taste of conjuring for ourselves. But I stress that - from my point of view of course - this is a 'modern' type of approach to evocation /conjuration etc and differs significantly from what we can read about in old grimoires etc.

I am really impressed with the approach to these things that Creepy Hollows and other similar metaphysical sellers have. I've read quite a bit of what Magnolia and Ash and other long experienced forum users and practitioners have said on this forum and think it's worth acknowledging the distinction between this new approach and the old ways.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:
GodSlayerBabe wrote:Also if you don't know this already, Creepy Hollows has a book you can buy as an Ebook or Hardcover copy and it is called "Spirit Keeping - Advanced Guide for Spirit Keepers." They do talk a bit about beginning conjuration in it, that you can try yourself.
Yes, I enjoyed doing the one for calling a White Dragon and am looking to do more of that.

What with that book, the university classes and some CH products like conjure a spirit for yourself we can all have a taste of conjuring for ourselves. But I stress that - from my point of view of course - this is a 'modern' type of approach to evocation /conjuration etc and differs significantly from what we can read about in old grimoires etc.

I am really impressed with the approach to these things that Creepy Hollows and other similar metaphysical sellers have. I've read quite a bit of what Magnolia and Ash and other long experienced forum users and practitioners have said on this forum and think it's worth acknowledging the distinction between this new approach and the old ways.

I completely agree with you about the older traditional texts and grimoires actually. There's so much new-age and modern stuff up on the internet and it reminds me of a lot of those getting into witchcraft purely through 'spells' posted on the internet versus what you can learn from members of a coven...formal training...etc etc. I had the chance of meeting the high priestess and her husband of a Gardnerian coven once and a lot of what they know is very similar to what Ash and Magnolia know. I think that's why I pretty much respect the posts they've made on their individual forum threads.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Return to “Books & Literature”