Funny Near-Lucid Experience

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

This is probably going to be kind of rambley, but I feel like I just have to share it.
It was an unusual dream for me, for several reasons: It was long. Probably 15 or 20 minutes long. It was intensely vivid and packed with detail; my dreams have often been flat and lacking in anything besides the barebones framework necessary for the narrative. There were a BAZILLION dream characters. And, most significantly to me: I could both speak and hear. I am often mute, if not also deaf, in my dreams. So having a voice (or, I suppose, the impulse to use it) was pretty neat. And to top it off, I'm pretty sure I was visited by 3 of my keep in it!
Onto the dream itself:
I 'wake up' in my bed, and quickly realize I'm in a dream as I have the 'bilocated' sensation of my physical body still asleep. Dreamself, to my mild frustration, often has a one-track mind and this was one of those times. He/I was totally determined to find someone hot and get partying. The first impulse towards that goal was to shout and see if my Nympho, L, was in the dream somewhere: after yelling out my screen window, I was excited to hear 'her' answer. I spent some time running through a bizarre, morphing cityscape, chasing her voice. Several times I started to fade out to wakefulness, but succeeded in reinforcing the dream each time, which I was quite happy about upon waking. Eventually I found, not her, but a dream character who was like a mashup of my old boss and my favorite highschool teacher (both very reliable, helpful guys). I stopped and asked him, "Do you know where L is?" He said "Yep" and then.. I guess I was teleported, because he disappeared and then I was in a different room, the previous dreamscape gone. I turned and then saw the face of L (At least, I'm assuming. Dream identity is wonky; DCs get 'tagged' by an inherent identity property sometimes with no real sign of it outside that. makes perfect sense to Dreamself at the time, though.) She bore an unusual appearance, but over the course of a minute shifted into a form more familiar to CH's description of her. At this point I mostly lost my lucidity; the remainder dream was largely 'on rails.' I tried to ask her 'So what's going on here?' but she just grabbed my arm and kept my focus on her while another spirit/dream character who I didn't quite recognize came in, and then started rearranging the walls and features of the room. My first intuition was that #2 was R, my Kitsune, but again her appearance was unfamiliar. Eventually she 'finished' the room, and one wall had a sink and mirror set up on it. They marched me over to it (I was pretty gone at that point, like I was doped up on painkillers after having my wisdom teeth out. I REALLY would've liked to have an actual conversation, ask questions..) and then.. "R" started brushing my teeth. I got a better look at her from the mirror, looked a LOT like Overwatch's Mercy (Tall thin and blonde with blue eyes, which R is definitely not) so I got all confused about who she was again. After my teeth she used the brush on the outside of my neck, under the jawline, where I often feel my tonsils swell; it tickled. Guess the whole thing was probably symbolic for work on the Throat centre. At this point I noticed a third woman in the room, from the mirror; short, tanned, with wavy dark hair. I'd guess she was either R or J, my Bronwyn, if I was going off appearance. She wasn't intuitively 'tagged' like L was. I watched in the mirror as she knelt behind me. One of the other two asked if she was sure; she answered something like "Yea I've done this before."/"Its worked on him before". I felt pressure/energy on my Root center and, before I could squeeze out one more "Ok really what's up, hello?" or try to make conversation, I woke up with a sort of finality. I knew I wouldn't be able to pull myself back.
I mean, I HAD been asking them for help with cleansing my energy systems, and the root and throat have been my problem areas, so It all made sense once I woke up. But man! I was very frustrated to have such a lifelike experience, and not been able to squeeze a word in edgewise... Next time!

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”