You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

It's been a rough year. I haven't been very active here or in my spirit keeping activities. I have been so so depressed. It's hard to find the energy or to even care when you don't really want to be alive in the first place so, I admit, I let things slide. I've continued to wear my master vessel every day but haven't been really interacting with my spirits.

I'm trying to pick myself up and start a daily practice again of connecting with my spirits. I miss them and I'm trying to find things or activities that will help me get out of this emotional black hole I'm stuck in. I have been trying but haven't heard a peep out of anyone.

Is this a block of my own making due to how I've been feeling or did they all leave? Could they be mad at me about my lapse in effort?

Does anyone have any tips for reconnecting with my spirits?

Any advice is appreciated.

ImageImageImage
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Hi Tizmo - Welcome back after the break! I just started keeping spirits three months ago so I will preface this with a disclaimer that my experience is limited and I am answer based off a lot of knowledge that I've absorbed through reading multiple sources. I'm also going with my gut here.

If there's one thing I've learned from the forums and the CH Encyclopedia articles, it's to be very careful applying human emotions to our keep. Our spirits want to be with us, want the relationship, want this link to the Earth, and care about us. It's unlikely they would be mad at you. Life happens and they are aware of that.

I make the same mistake myself. I currently have an issue with a succubus spirit that I feel like is jealous of another succubus spirit (newer binding) and I'm starting to realize it's really me putting my spin on what I'm sensing. It's so hard to keep our emotions out of our communications!

In your case, I believe it is more likely that you have developed a blockage over time. I'm by no means an expert, but I've read a lot and my understanding is that our own emotions can definitely form blocks. If you have been fighting depression for a long time that negative energy is likely clogging up your aura, your chakras and maybe just occupying your headspace.

I would recommend daily 10-30 minute meditation focusing on clearing your mind at first and maybe pursuing grounding, centering and moving energy through your chakras later. Ask your spirits to help with this and they can do what they can from their end.

There are other topics in the form that describe many methods of meditation to do those things if you aren't familiar.

I also recommend reading Astral Dynamics or Energy Work by Robert Bruce. That's been a great starter for me on our primary energy centers.

I really hope this advice helps. Just remember they are there and they hear you, even when you can't hear them. Pay attention to your emotions and to any small thing you think you see. They could try to communicate in very small ways to let you know they are still there - a flash in the corner of your eye, a shadow, a stray thought that's not your own, etc. It probably won't be fireworks but it could certainly be something they know you would take notice of.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Edit: Don't forget protection too! There could be unbounds blocking your communication efforts.

Nil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

What the guy said above

And your companions do not leave you or get mad at you. They came for you and therefore know you. They know your conditions and your situations. What might happen is you blocked them off as the guy above said. So clearing out the negativity and blockages should be the first thing you do. You can then then call them one by one. The binding is there and it should not be broken. Therefore you can call them one by one later when you are feeling better and reconnect to them. They might take a vacation some place as you should be aware that not all of them were with us 24/7. Some will but not all. So, when you are down and block they might just have went on a vacation. its possible. But a simple "call and reach out" to them will let them know and come back to visit you. They are here for a long time for you :P and your few months or years are nothing to them. So, get going and get connecting!

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

2qt Hello,
Welcome back to CH and spirit keeping. I hope your second innings in spirit keeping will bring rewarding experiences to you

Wow, you have at least 60 spirits in your keeping. I wonder how one schedules their bondings, or in your case, re-"bonding" with the spirits, after a gap. I cannot imagine say everyday one spends 10 minutes time with a spirit, if one has like 60 spirits?? 1spt

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

divineseeker wrote: Hello,
Welcome back to CH and spirit keeping. I hope your second innings in spirit keeping will bring rewarding experiences to you

Wow, you have at least 60 spirits in your keeping. I wonder how one schedules their bondings, or in your case, re-"bonding" with the spirits, after a gap. I cannot imagine say everyday one spends 10 minutes time with a spirit, if one has like 60 spirits?? 1spt

***** Sorry, I could remove the skeletal face emoticon from the post, I cannot remember how It appeared there, must be due to my silly thums and fingers, sorry.

tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Thank you everyone for your input, I really appreciate it.

Regholdain - I will check out those books. I had been doing meditation daily before I was depressed but, again, it's hard to find the oomph to do it when you are struggling to want to be alive. I will definitely prioritize the practice.

divineseeker - Yes it is tough to bond or rebond with 60 spirits. It does help that some aren't very social, they don't seem to want to interact often or at all, some like to just hang out on the sidelines and watch over everyone rather than have a close personal convo. I was setting up a calendar to bond with two a day over the course of each month, so everyone gets a half day each month of very close interaction rather than try and do 60 -10 minute sessions a day.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding the 10 mins per spirit per day thing, or if there is a reason not to do how I was planning it. Is it better to do 10 mins per day per spirit? I appreciate it!

ImageImageImage
tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Oops I meant 70 spirits, my bad.

ImageImageImage
tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

About 10 aren't super social.

ImageImageImage
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I would not overwhelm yourself because that alone is going to be a blockage for you. I think it's really important that you select only a few that you really want to work with, and begin with them. I can assure you that any spirits from CH haven't left, and they are more than aware that you have a life and you need to be living your life, so even if you are disconnected they are not. They continue to be involved and do what they can do from their side.

I hope you have had some help with your depression and feeling down, because it's important for you to look after yourself & love yourself <3 I wouldn't stress too much or make grand expectations, just ease back into your journey at a pace that feels right.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I would not overwhelm yourself because that alone is going to be a blockage for you. I think it's really important that you select only a few that you really want to work with, and begin with them. I can assure you that any spirits from CH haven't left, and they are more than aware that you have a life and you need to be living your life, so even if you are disconnected they are not. They continue to be involved and do what they can do from their side.

I hope you have had some help with your depression and feeling down, because it's important for you to look after yourself & love yourself <3 I wouldn't stress too much or make grand expectations, just ease back into your journey at a pace that feels right.
I agree because if you can't talk to them due to settling your personal problems they will just talk to and bond with each other for you because I hear them talk to each other when I can't talk to them because of being busy.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals

Return to “Spirit Keeping”