Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any kind of spirit
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Stormageddon, Dark Lord Of All
Zodiac:

I figure that if I ever start a shop ill call it "Mizu's meta goods"

Hail King Asmodeus!

O Rai, The Best CH Mod Ever (And my favorite senpai) I Summon Thee With The Power Of One Million Blonde Centaur Women, Answer My Call!

Gardien de la lumière et de l'obscurité
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

My name came to me and just clicked. Originally I chose Aurum as my user name here but I have realized it is has become much more.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I have a professional occult name, an artist name, and then more private magical epithets which I utilize in various context --usually in securing the specific rituals I am conducting.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Received my magic name and associations today, and the name resonated with me instantaneously.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

A practitioner name is indeed interesting. Do these names embody the person's traits or personality?

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I thought this was a very interesting addition to this idea: https://wildhunt.org/2019/03/column-nam ... magic.html
I am one of those people who asserts that all witches are queer. While the word has often been reserved for either insults or political empowerment, its actual definition makes it a perfect fit for those who would align themselves to a practice that is, shall we say, uniquely variant from the mainstream. Similar terms are used in both communities when describing our shared initiatory experiences. The queer community speaks of “coming out of the closet” as a metaphor for disclosing one’s queer identity, while Witches sometimes use the phrase “coming out of the broom closet” in reference to those instances in which we reveal our magical lives to those around us. In doing so, we may experience a specific type of backlash in which the minority view is seen as threatening the collective majority.

Current queer culture likewise employs the use of self-creation. For us, much of life is about the choices we make, sometimes in opposition to what is expected of us....For some, this might mean moving away and starting a new life, sometimes even with a new name.

For transgender individuals, taking a new name (and by extension, identity) is something that most people wouldn’t find strange. But they are certainly not the only ones. Some cisgender people also do the same, as naming oneself can be a tremendous act of personal power. For some, it can be an act of protection, effectively distancing themselves from a troubled past and people whom we have tried so very hard to leave behind. For others, it can be an act of claiming power: choosing a new identity – or at least a hidden aspect of ourselves — and allowing that process to help shape how we act and move into our individual and collective futures.

In Witchcraft it is often asserted that there is power in knowing something’s true name. When dealing with spirits, one of the first techniques taught is to obtain their name so that we might have a deeper and more authentic connection to them. In that same vein, it is customary to choose a new name for ourselves, which is then used as a magical tool. It is a working, directed upon the self to help empower and guide us on our spiritual journeys. In some traditions there are specific guidelines, such as taking the name of a deity or other mythological figure. In others, one might draw from any number of sources, such as tarot, astrology, aspects of nature, or even one’s individual experiences in trance. Regardless of the specific elements involved in its creation, the magical name is a psychological trigger that can assist in the changing of one’s magical consciousness. Far from a frivolous descent into fantasy or denial, the use of such a name can allow deeper aspects of the individual’s being to step into the forefront. When consciously engaged, this can be one of the most powerful tools in the Witch’s arsenal.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

It’s funny that yet again, this topic should surface at a time while I’m deciding on a “nom de Tarot”, so to speak. My thoughts have been centered around what public-facing name I might choose if I decided to set up a Tarot website. I can’t choose my legal name, as there are some muggles in my life whose heads would explode. But I’ve been googling some potential options for names, to make sure there’s not already someone out there with that name. I wouldn’t want muggles in some total stranger’s life to have a fit at her without cause, lol.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I'll be interested to see what you land on! (if you share it.)

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

This idea of a new name to represent our personal identification with our gifts, abilities, powers and practice is an interesting one. I find the concept to be empowering, as a way to break free from the mundane part of us and to personify that part of us that is the magical and paranormal self. It also seems to me like it would be like giving ourselves an "activation" word, almost, and a word of power that represents multiple mantra.

By example of my meaning, one could say the following mantras: I am Clairaudient. I am Clairsentient. I am a student of Elemental Magick. I am a student of Necromancy. And so on, then turn around and have all of these encompassed by I am So Named.

It seems like it can be very powerful.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

I was a magical practitioner in a past life and that particular past life of mine means a lot to me. Can I use my past life name as my magical/practitioner name?

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals

Return to “Magnolia”