sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

If your ID shows in black and you want PM access, do two things. 1. Be an active member for at least a few months. 2. Request tenure from the help desk via an email to support@creepyhollows.com . When they grant tenure, your username will turn orange and you will see MANY more forums and also have PM access.

For the new folks whose ID shows in grey, post 30 times to get out of post approval, and you will see chat. Then do all of the things in the first paragraph to achieve tenure.

Nobody is saying people can’t do both CH and discord. Lots of folks do both. But due to anti-poaching rules, we can’t post those links here.

I’d say “If other vendors interest you, see if their shops have links to forums, discord, social media, etc.” And since other vendors are able to post here, just follow those shop links when you see one.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

The chat & the Forum are only going to be as good as all of you make it. Ash & I have spent years pouring information into this board, but it's not for our benefit because Ash & I can talk in person to each other all we want. The benefit is for everyone who comes here.

If you redirect people from here to other sites & chats then what's the point? CH has outlasted a lot of other boards, chats, and social sites with the metaphysical because the majority of the people here actually care about Spirit Keeping and magic, and they take it seriously. That is overwhelmingly apparent, as opposed to a lot of social groups or sites that die within a year or two because there isn't any clear definition of the purpose and people are just talking to be heard, not to be helpful & supportive of each other.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:The chat & the Forum are only going to be as good as all of you make it. Ash & I have spent years pouring information into this board, but it's not for our benefit because Ash & I can talk in person to each other all we want. The benefit is for everyone who comes here.

If you redirect people from here to other sites & chats then what's the point? CH has outlasted a lot of other boards, chats, and social sites with the metaphysical because the majority of the people here actually care about Spirit Keeping and magic, and they take it seriously. That is overwhelmingly apparent, as opposed to a lot of social groups or sites that die within a year or two because there isn't any clear definition of the purpose and people are just talking to be heard, not to be helpful & supportive of each other.
To be honest, one thing I've never understood to begin with, is why have a chat option anyway? Most of us come here to learn and interact. To me, the chat takes away from the learning process because many would rather sit there and go back and forth for hours on end. I get that people want to have time to unwind and enjoy themselves, but I just get lost when it comes time to a chat feature. Maybe I'm just getting old... 1spt

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Nanami wrote:
creepyhollows wrote:The chat & the Forum are only going to be as good as all of you make it. Ash & I have spent years pouring information into this board, but it's not for our benefit because Ash & I can talk in person to each other all we want. The benefit is for everyone who comes here.

To be honest, one thing I've never understood to begin with, is why have a chat option anyway? Most of us come here to learn and interact. To me, the chat takes away from the learning process because many would rather sit there and go back and forth for hours on end. I get that people want to have time to unwind and enjoy themselves, but I just get lost when it comes time to a chat feature. Maybe I'm just getting old... 1spt
Lol on email you sound my age. XD 24 what do you consider old? Imo 60

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

Opelia Rendon wrote:
Nanami wrote:

Lol, I'm actually 36. 1hd But, I have my moments. To me, I consider everyone else younger than me. Comes with the old soul mentality. Even folks who are older than me, I consider younger, usually due to their energy. I guess I just consider myself old and no one else! 1la

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Nanami wrote:
Opelia Rendon wrote:
Nanami wrote:

Lol, I'm actually 36. 1hd But, I have my moments. To me, I consider everyone else younger than me. Comes with the old soul mentality. Even folks who are older than me, I consider younger, usually due to their energy. I guess I just consider myself old and no one else! 1la
Lol I didn't have a texting phone until I was 20...nor allowed to leave the house till I was 18. I stick out like a sore thumb against the people of this age. People are just so drawn to materialistic crap. This is a conversation for another topic

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I’m 55 now, and don’t feel particularly old. My brain still thinks I’m about college-aged, but with a bunch more life experience accrued since the 80s when I actually WAS a college student.

This translates into “I was an adult when the internet, email, discussion forums, IMs, etc. all became things”, so I might have a different take on these things compared to the folks who grew up with them already in place.

My take on chat is that it’s good for friendly conversations, talking about IRL stuff, topics that aren’t an obvious fit for the forum, etc. I wouldn’t ask important questions there, largely because only a subset of members partake in chat and so a lot of people who might be able to answer the question won’t ever see it. For important questions, I’d advise posting a forum thread.

With the recent changes, now everyone in chat will have to have demonstrated their partaking in the forum community by posting at least often enough to get out of post-approval mode. So it’s not out-of-line to say that all members in chat do visit the forum, but all members of the forum do not visit chat.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Well let's see... It you studied and practiced hard everyday, about within 10 Years, you could become a great practioner of magick... Creepy Hollows has been at it for 18 Years? And they must have been practicing wayyyy before that xD just thinking about the books of knowledge that their brains have consumed and working with spirits & entities... I'm gonna faint.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Once you get into your thirties it starts to go really fast before you even notice it. It’s spooky.

Return to “Report CH Site Issues”