You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Better question is how you would find a teacher and what do you have to know to find one? I'm a bit solitary right now, but it's getting closer to the fact I may have to join a group to learn more. That or... Meditate harder (I have several spirit beings to teach me magick too.)

Everyone on this forum seems to have some kind of connection to the underground-ish meta world and I'm over here "where the fug do I start?"

It doesn't help that I have no actual magickal experience prior.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Opelia Rendon wrote:Better question is how you would find a teacher and what do you have to know to find one? I'm a bit solitary right now, but it's getting closer to the fact I may have to join a group to learn more. That or... Meditate harder (I have several spirit beings to teach me magick too.)

Everyone on this forum seems to have some kind of connection to the underground-ish meta world and I'm over here "where the fug do I start?"

Here is where I started in this life.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member

[/quote]Here is where I started in this life[quote]

Same with me.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

[quote="Opelia Rendon"]Better question is how you would find a teacher and what do you have to know to find one? I'm a bit solitary right now, but it's getting closer to the fact I may have to join a group to learn more. That or... Meditate harder (I have several spirit beings to teach me magick too.)

Well, I take online classes and read lots of ebooks. Right now I’m learning tarot as another form of divination and educating myself on the art of energy healing. I have also studied hand practiced ceremonial magIck and chaos MagIck.

Finding such video courses can be a tad time consuming though as you need to get feedback from others who have taken the course to see if it’s any good.

Finding someone to teach u directly isn’t that hard. You just need to find a good community to join.

You could also do a spell to find a teacher. Such a spell would be easy to learn.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I would say the internet has both helped & hurt the larger, more traditional community.

I know that when the forum first started we had colleagues/friends who wanted to participate, but they quickly developed a bad taste in their mouth for the people who didn't want to read, didn't want to learn, didn't want to put in any effort & take it seriously, and thought it was all going to be miracles & Harry Potter. They left, all at different times, but none of them have come back & none of them want to.

It's not easy finding someone who is going to pass their knowledge onto you because you essentially you have to audition for them & show that:

#1 - this isn't just a phase for you & you're actually going to live the life

#2 - you can be trusted with the information they share with you & you aren't going to violate the code of ethics & trust established when you are welcomed into any coven or clan

#3 - you are going to show your merit & prove yourself worthy of what you are entrusted with

#4 - you are disciplined and obedient to any by-laws established by your mentoring group

And those are just for openers.

I think most people fall under the appreciation and love of magic, and the actual practice and enactment of magical practices is the fewer of the community. It's hard work, it's life-consuming, all-consuming, and that devotion is what is demanded by those who are going to pass their knowledge onto you.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Glowworm
new here
new here

^ Are there any posts left by those OPs?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Opelia Rendon wrote:Better question is how you would find a teacher and what do you have to know to find one? I'm a bit solitary right now, but it's getting closer to the fact I may have to join a group to learn more. That or... Meditate harder (I have several spirit beings to teach me magick too.)

Magnolia is right in all she said.

As you've already realized that you are eventually going to end up needing to look for a community, I would start by checking to see if your area has a local CUUPs chapter. They affirm all religions in their positive aspects, perform rituals and sometimes other magick and are more flexible than tradition-specific groves/covens. You may not decide you want to stay, but it's a toe in the social waters and a way to meet meta people who tend to be super nice and supportive. I don't know if any of the groups do initiation or levels--I don't think that's the norm,--so the barriers to entry are low. After you've met some people there, you'll find more about the meta communities in your area that might be more specialized or secret.

I think once you start meeting people in person, you'll start to see more opportunities for finding people you want to team up with and teachers.

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac: