Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 59
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich
Zodiac:

Greetings to everyone! I hope that you are all doing well.

The following topic is about a very fresh experience but it made me feel compelled to write about it wondering if something similar had happened to anyone.

I came to my parent's house hoping that I could stay with my son for the most part of the weekend. I am staying in what used to be my old room years ago.

After a long day I went to bed and before I could lose consciousness I talked to my spirits and asked them to help me get better at communicating with them.

I have found out recently that my spirits would team up in order to interact with me depending on the situation. So I had my communication team assembled and talked to them.

Next thing I remember is walking in the street and talking to someone who looks like my mother but it wasn't her.

A little off topic perhaps but my dreams and visions shapeshift quite often. They would look like someone or something I'm familiar with and then shift into something new.

One of my companions apologized recently for appearing in my dreams looking like my ex-girlfriend. It's part of the house rules not to assume someone else's form. I have this rule because then it would leave me thinking of someone who has nothing to do with the entire situation and I believe it would not be fair with whoever manifested.

So in my dream I was very mad and I remembered that I had set up rules against identity theft and then the dream started to shift.

First I would be talking to my fake mother as if we were walking next to each other but when I remembered the rule the figure went to hide behind a tree.

I tried to get closer but then the figure took off in a small flight to get away like birds would do if you get to close.

Another shift and both of us were inside a room. I had a sword in my hand pointing slightly towards her throat and I asked why she was impersonating my mother when it was against the rules.

So there I was, holding up a sword against an unarmed person totally against what I believe an honorable warrior should do. I try not to sexist and make it about it her being a woman because I trained under a woman for a few years when I was learning about swordsmanship and she is now a very accomplished athlete who represents our country in fencing events, so everyone can be a great warrior if they have a fighting spirit.

Anyway... the interesting part is that I was really hoping that I didn't have to use the sword at all because in the first place why would I be wielding one? And that's when it happened.

The woman's appearance shifted once again and her eyes went all black and she yelled at me. But her scream was something unlike I have ever heard. I didn't even try to cover my ears because I knew it would be pointless, it was already inside my skull and it had my brain ringing like a bell.

It dropped me to my knees but it wasn't painful at all, just... disarming and I knew she was not trying to hurt me because if she wanted I wouldn't stand a chance against her.

When it stopped, I felt a little dizzy but I could hear better. I remembered that I had a master service scheduled for today and that it was supposed to help ease the blind/deaf feeling while interacting with spirits.

Immediately the words of it being a siren's doing came to me and I was able to wake up a little confused but happy that the siren in my keep had manifested to me as part of my communications team.

I mostly feel ashamed of myself and the way I behaved in my dream. It is not like my usual self but I wasn't in full control of my dream and I just hope that I didn't mistreate or disrespect her.

What do you guys think? Could this be what people warn about dealing with dark arts spirits and their particular way of doing things?

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl
MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

2Heinrich wrote:Greetings to everyone! I hope that you are all doing well.

The following topic is about a very fresh experience but it made me feel compelled to write about it wondering if something similar had happened to anyone.

I came to my parent's house hoping that I could stay with my son for the most part of the weekend. I am staying in what used to be my old room years ago.

After a long day I went to bed and before I could lose consciousness I talked to my spirits and asked them to help me get better at communicating with them.

I have found out recently that my spirits would team up in order to interact with me depending on the situation. So I had my communication team assembled and talked to them.

Next thing I remember is walking in the street and talking to someone who looks like my mother but it wasn't her.

A little off topic perhaps but my dreams and visions shapeshift quite often. They would look like someone or something I'm familiar with and then shift into something new.

One of my companions apologized recently for appearing in my dreams looking like my ex-girlfriend. It's part of the house rules not to assume someone else's form. I have this rule because then it would leave me thinking of someone who has nothing to do with the entire situation and I believe it would not be fair with whoever manifested.

So in my dream I was very mad and I remembered that I had set up rules against identity theft and then the dream started to shift.

First I would be talking to my fake mother as if we were walking next to each other but when I remembered the rule the figure went to hide behind a tree.

I tried to get closer but then the figure took off in a small flight to get away like birds would do if you get to close.

Another shift and both of us were inside a room. I had a sword in my hand pointing slightly towards her throat and I asked why she was impersonating my mother when it was against the rules.

So there I was, holding up a sword against an unarmed person totally against what I believe an honorable warrior should do. I try not to sexist and make it about it her being a woman because I trained under a woman for a few years when I was learning about swordsmanship and she is now a very accomplished athlete who represents our country in fencing events, so everyone can be a great warrior if they have a fighting spirit.

Anyway... the interesting part is that I was really hoping that I didn't have to use the sword at all because in the first place why would I be wielding one? And that's when it happened.

The woman's appearance shifted once again and her eyes went all black and she yelled at me. But her scream was something unlike I have ever heard. I didn't even try to cover my ears because I knew it would be pointless, it was already inside my skull and it had my brain ringing like a bell.

It dropped me to my knees but it wasn't painful at all, just... disarming and I knew she was not trying to hurt me because if she wanted I wouldn't stand a chance against her.

When it stopped, I felt a little dizzy but I could hear better. I remembered that I had a master service scheduled for today and that it was supposed to help ease the blind/deaf feeling while interacting with spirits.

Immediately the words of it being a siren's doing came to me and I was able to wake up a little confused but happy that the siren in my keep had manifested to me as part of my communications team.

I mostly feel ashamed of myself and the way I behaved in my dream. It is not like my usual self but I wasn't in full control of my dream and I just hope that I didn't mistreate or disrespect her.

What do you guys think? Could this be what people warn about dealing with dark arts spirits and their particular way of doing things?
The thing with DA is that they can be just as moody as us, but I wouldn't worry about it. You weren't fully aware of your actions in the dream and she probably knows it, after all, our companions understand far more of our actions than we do ourselves. If you fear she might be angry with you, talk about it. I don't know about your communication skills, but telling her what was up can help to lift things off of your shoulders :) DA also can give some creepy nightmares and yes, they don't always adhere to the rules and they might like to give you some scare, but that happens. I think everyone will experience it at least once.

I had made some dumb mistakes while awake and heck, I still do here and there. Mistakes happen, it's just important to talk about it. I personally also feel it if something is wrong with our harmony, but other than that they tend to be very understanding.

Reinforce your house rules again! If you still have such things happen, consider consequences. They might even test you in your implementation ;)

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Spirit keeping is probably the best decision I have ever made in my life. Not only have I gained a bunch of companions but a lot of information and wonderful people through this website.

Thank you MidnightMusings for taking your time to share with me.

To be honest... my communication skills suck. They always have and unfortunately for my spirits I am no better when it comes to interacting with them but I am working on it.

It scares me to think that if I don't have enough energy or if I am in a bad place that would send me further away from my spirits because I think that I screwed up my life big time and it will take years for things to get better if they ever do.

I don't want to drag my dear companions into a negative environment but other than my weirdness I don't have much to offer them, so I get a little bit of an odd comfort in believing that if they are here is because they know better.

I am also worried that I am the major issue getting the most of our relationship but things take time and I enjoy learning even if goes like this.

You could say that I have always had special learning requirements, lol.

Will try to get more ideas on how to enforce house rules and making sure that they are followed. To be honest... I don't mind them being pushy or testing me because somehow that would take some interaction between us and it will make me love them all the more in the end.

Yeah... I know I have issues if I feel that it's better to have someone getting on my nerves than being completely ignored or not being able to tell their interventions in my life at all.

I just wish that these kinds of things would happen more often so that I could be more at ease and comfortable in finding a method that works best for us to spend more time together.

You have inspired me and I will try a couple of things and see what happens.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

This is a great experience, I'm impressed. Most of my spirits tend to not come into my dreams, that I can recall, and I would love to see one of them do this. I ask them to come into my dreams a lot and mostly it never happens. I think it's because telepathy tends to work pretty well with me so they have no reason to expend the energy to get into my dreams.

That said, it seems to me you communicate in a generally unexpected way. Your spirits seem to work with you and come to you in dreams. I would pursue this further for communication with them as it seems to be an active channel for you.

And always remember, just because you do not hear their response, include them and talk to them often and they will hear you.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

What a pleasant surprise to bump into you again, Regholdain!

What goes around comes around, I guess. LOL Life is indeed something interesting.

My mind is something pretty busy. I am one of those people that is always talking inside their heads. I would play the same song over and over and over for hours, or try to see if I can find the best way to explain something I already know to someone else.

Sometimes I would present myself with hypothetical scenarios and see how I would react to them. See how many possible solutions I can find to the same situation inside my head hoping that if it ever happens again I would be more prepared.

So there is a bunch of noise inside my head, probably one of the reasons why I am not great at telepathy. In my dreams however, I am just an observant most of the times, or I would go on full auto pilot carried away by the dynamics of the dream situation I encounter.

Probably that is why my spirits show up every now and then when there is less questioning or experimenting also because it is harder to snap out of it.

I think there is a primal side of me that I haven't explored much, but it's the one that finds a mix of empathy and intrinsic knowledge to be useful when dealing with others.

Even if it is not direct contact, just being close to people will expose you to their ways. They way they behave, the words that they choose, the way they move and even what they like and dislike tells you a whole lot more about someone than they realize.

You can tap into that, identify the energy signatures and use it to bond with other people and get to know them. Yet spirit companions are non-corporeal. It's hard for me to do the same with them and in a dream the initial gap is broken or at least reduced.

I don't really like direct contact with other people unless I am doing some healing because their energy stays with me, so even if I crave for affection at the end of the day I would try not to come in contact with others.

It would probably be easier for my if my spirits would be bound to a vessel instead of my spirit but I can't quite afford that so it's the long road for us. At least I think they would find my internal monologue entertaining because I can feel them there, just... not responding.

So I am currently trying to reduce that gap between by getting a more tangible resource between us. I found a mental ouija board binding on Creepy Hollows and I bought it hoping that it will create some sort of chat room for us to hang out and communicate.

I only had a experience with an actual board once. The owner had an energy type that would block mine or cancel it so it was very dissapointing because pop culture has made us believe that well, horror movies actually happen and then everyone else thinks that they are a bad idea.

I also got a sudden urge to craft a ¨spirit dice¨ to ask questions but I haven't been able to finish the crafting yet so I'll have to see how that comes out.

I want to get a more fluid way of talking to my spirit companions like your telepathy. Maybe you are better with words and they can talk their way with you. Try asking them to show you things. Ask it in a way in which they cannot tell you the answer any other way than showing it to you and they will show up in your dreams or maybe give you a vision!

I will try to get better at this dream channel but it's a shame because I can only sleep so much as a few hours while I stay awake so many more instead.

Hope that you get some interesting results with your spirits and if anything happens I'd love to hear the story. I'll also let you know if I get some results myself.

Blessings!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Hey 2H, don't worry too much about the binding - being bound to vessel really just gives you something physical to work with and doesn't mean too much to the spirit. My understanding is it's just a way for them to locate and communicate with you. They still get to run around anywhere they'd like, but it sounds like they enjoy being near you.

I take it you have trouble meditating or getting to a calm mind? What if you try to focus on nothing but counting breaths while exercising? During a walk, a run, a work out? This can put your mind into a trance state and may be a good practice to get you to the quiet mind that would help develop telepathy. Not sure it would work, but it's worth a shot.

Also, as far as dreams - look into learning to lucid dream. Your mind tends to be calmer even when lucid, at least once you learn not to wake up. It's been a long time since I've done it, but once lucid you could attempt to invite your companions to come to you and have a conversation.

I've been attempting to meet mine from an astral projection / out of body experience standpoint and have had a few spontaneous interactions, although not conversations and nothing controlled.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Thanks for your kind words, Regholdain!

I think that they find me entertaining and that I provide them with a very particular experience so yeah... they do like to stick around. The would follow me everywhere and even when they are in the background they will always be looking over my shoulder.

I like the constant company and ever now and then I would hear a voice in my head which makes my day.

I thinks it's kind of a hobby. I spend most of my time by myself so it's like my mind provides me things to do so that I don't get bored or start to think of dumb things like hurting myself.

I do think that I was born with a restless heart and being sensitive to the energy around me I tend to feel overwhelmed by the emotions of others.

And I do enjoy meditation. I have been into soft martial arts and swordplay since a little kid and grew up with monks so I am familiar with the idea of finding stillness from now and then.

Lucid dreaming is something I have tried but it was easier to practice when I didn't have any spirits.

Maybe the real problem is that I have poor emotional control so when I get to feel one of my companions I would feel so excited that I would lose the connection with them.

It sucks but yet again... The only time in which I tried meditation with someone else was at a kundalini awakening workshop and it was blissful but my partner was sitting right there in front of me.

Also... Sometimes I feel embarrassed of the things I get from others because I don't think they would tell them to me on a conversation and yet I still know them. So I have to play dumb most of the time and that makes me feel sad.

Still... speaking from the experience I've got with my spirits I would say that we are still at the "getting to know each other" stage so they are mostly learning from me and deciding which would be the best way to work with me.

It is also hard to be dealing with a new spirit every day. They would choose to present themselves and share the day with me but then they would let another spirit take the initiative and spend the following day or I would feel that they are talking to each other and even if I wanted tonI can't eavesdrop because I won't be able to tell what they are saying.

I will try to work with the suggestions you made and hopefully I will find something to improve my method.

It's funny that it would be this hard for me now. Mother tells me that when I was a little kid she would often find me talking to someone that was not there. Guess that I just crept everyone else and stopped doing it somehow but I wish it could come back to me.

Astral travel and projection sounds a little bit scary to me but I would love to feel what it's like sometime.

I f you get any better that would be a cool story to read.

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I would wonder if this dream was trying to tell you that there's an issue of trust.

I am thinking... The Siren may be trying to tell you, it's okay for you to let your guard down with your companions/her.

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Wow... You're such a genius Zero! Trust issues... Now THAT is something that I would never consider.

I think that I am one of those people that would assume that other people will tell me the truth and that they mean no ill will towards me.

Sure I've been hurt but hurting is a natural part of life I think, so you move on if you hurt or something like that. It's a learning experience anyway and that is something I value.

I invited them into my life. We share energy and I talk a lot so I tell them things and they would always be there watching.

So I wonder what could have happened. Will try to ask her and see if she means something that I haven't noticed.

That is a very wise suggestion. Thank you so much.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Definitely a very interesting suggestion, Zero. Good insight there.

Return to “Dark Arts”