neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 8
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Ok so I have a Lamia with me E, she has somewhat of a penchant for cleansing an area. Would it be better to use a cleansing method that she knows better? Or have her help me with my cleansing methods and such lbrp for example.
Or am I simply over thinking this?

Grey67
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Sorry for the typo in the title, meant to say "cleansing"

Nil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

Why not both? Do the LBRP and ask her to help you. And then ask her to do it using her own method? Just like protection, you cant have too much cleansing :X and there is no ONE CLEANSING fits ALL situation. So doing "more" type is a good idea anyway. From there base on the results then you can see which one works better and you could then focus on that one more in the future?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

wolves wrote:Why not both? Do the LBRP and ask her to help you. And then ask her to do it using her own method? Just like protection, you cant have too much cleansing :X and there is no ONE CLEANSING fits ALL situation. So doing "more" type is a good idea anyway. From there base on the results then you can see which one works better and you could then focus on that one more in the future?
Weirdly enough, you CAN have too much cleansing! :) https://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnbecke ... -them.html

Nil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

Alys wrote: Weirdly enough, you CAN have too much cleansing! :) https://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnbecke ... -them.html
Hmm... I don't know why the link doesnt work on my end but i still believe there cannot be too much cleansing. The act of cleansing is to remove negative/destructive energy/unwanted energy and rid the residue. Plus with the aid of the one's own companion, they should know what is needed or not needed. Hence in this case I do not believe it can do harm to the keeper in any sense and form. Unless the companion in question has... "questions" then yes. It might be harmful a little by eliminating what is actually needed by the keeper.

Grey67
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Alys wrote: Weirdly enough, you CAN have too much cleansing! :) https://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnbecke ... -them.html
Interesting, my intentions is not to nuke the area till there is absolutely nothing. I just wanted to rid lingering energy. I will probably just have E help me with my own cleansing.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

wolves wrote:
Hmm... I don't know why the link doesnt work on my end but i still believe there cannot be too much cleansing. The act of cleansing is to remove negative/destructive energy/unwanted energy and rid the residue. Plus with the aid of the one's own companion, they should know what is needed or not needed. Hence in this case I do not believe it can do harm to the keeper in any sense and form. Unless the companion in question has... "questions" then yes. It might be harmful a little by eliminating what is actually needed by the keeper.
The idea from the article is that sometimes, though not always, a cleansing can drive off helpful or neutral things, like land spirits or house spirits that would do no harm. Kind of like how antibiotics kill off your good gut flora while also killing off bad bacteria (my anology, not his.)

But I do agree that doing so with a spirit rather than by yourself is definitely a more precise and better tailored approach than otherwise.

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Best and most efficient cleansing tool in my opinion: a spray bottle filled with salt water. I find it very effective for clearing out energies from a room, as well as a physical neutralizer for pre- and post-ritual. It's also great if you are sensitive to smells, smoke, etc, and can't use conventional cleansing methods.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

Return to “Dark Arts”